Free drinks

jazmic

Hi guys,

Another first timer here. :) Are there any free unlimited drinks on board at all? I know the alcoholic drinks are not free, but just wondering what drinks are really free and/or unlimited. If there's any.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Another first timer here. :) Are there any free unlimited drinks on board at all? I know the alcoholic drinks are not free, but just wondering what drinks are really free and/or unlimited. If there's any.

Thanks!

what cruise lines and what ship.

Hi guys,

Thanks!

juice from concentrate at breakfast

iced tea and lemonade the rest of the day with maybe a flavored water or such like

tap water in the MDR and plain coffee at lunch and dinner

Pretty much on ALL cruise lines, "water-based" drinks are included...coffee, tea, ice water, milk and juice at breakfast. Disney includes sodas with meals, but I think they're the only ones who do that!

Oceania: ALL non-alcoholic beverages included (sodas, juices, coffee, etc.). Add "prestige" alcohol package for $60/person/day (incl. gratuity). Either way, NOT restricted to meals only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty much on ALL cruise lines, "water-based" drinks are included...coffee, tea, ice water, milk and juice at breakfast. Disney includes sodas with meals, but I think they're the only ones who do that!

Just to clarify: DCL includes sodas with meals, and from their 24/7 drink station on the pool deck. Sodas from room service, or from lounges/bars and poolside servers do have a charge.

So...husband and I drink a lot of coffee! Is it terrible, bearable or enjoyable on the cruise?

some will swear it is sludge mixed with slime with a poison chaser.

others pronounce it barely acceptable. very few will admit to liking it or considering it anything other than hideous without having to fork over the money for a specialty.

I drink one cup a day at breakfast, and it's good enough for me.

most real coffee aficionados just admit that they have an addiction and go for the beverage package that includes specialty coffee.

• 2 weeks later...
some will swear (the free coffee) is sludge mixed with slime with a poison chaser.

No, it's not as good as that :D

On any cruise ship, any cruise line, that I've sailed.

On cruises, because I'm a cheapskate, I switch to drinking the free tea.

BTW, I don't think MSC or Costa offer coffee after dinner. I guess its not an Italian thing.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

What's the FASTEST way to board & exit the ship at the end of the cruise? Also, we will be on the Oasis of the Sea & need to know any tips, freebies, etc. How much is soda, coffee, etc.

there is no fast way without paying for it.. either by booking a high end suite with priority boarding or being a C&A high tier level

as for getting off, Self debarkation is the first group off.. you must lug everything yourself.

for everything else, you need to go to the Royal section of the board and look, all that information is readily available

No, it's not as good as that :D

On any cruise ship, any cruise line, that I've sailed.

On cruises, because I'm a cheapskate, I switch to drinking the free tea.

BTW, I don't think MSC or Costa offer coffee after dinner. I guess its not an Italian thing.

JB :)

as an Enlgisdhman I cannot believe you consider the free tea on board to be any more drinkable than the coffee! ;)

as for the Italians, we prefer wine :D

• 4 weeks later...
What's the FASTEST way to board & exit the ship at the end of the cruise? Also, we will be on the Oasis of the Sea & need to know any tips, freebies, etc. How much is soda, coffee, etc.

We was on the Oasis October 2013, we arrived at the port around 11:00 and had lunch before 12:30. Getting off all depends on how long it takes to clear customs, and the order in which they call the orders of passengers....ie..they have an order so ones that have early flights get off first. Since we drive to Port Everglades we was one of the last off and was still off the ship before 10:00. As far as the drinks, we usually buy the soda package, and buy adult beverages as we go, since we only drink a little....lol....If I remember right the soda package was around $35 pp for 7 day cruise.

Bill

Edited by Moondogy

Hi guys,

Thanks!

In general, all non-alcoholic drinks except bottled water, fresh squeezed juice, soft drinks and specialty coffee are free. So tap water, regular juice, milk, ice tea and regular coffee is free.

We was on the Oasis October 2013, we arrived at the port around 11:00 and had lunch before 12:30. Getting off all depends on how long it takes to clear customs, and the order in which they call the orders of passengers....ie..they have an order so ones that have early flights get off first. Since we drive to Port Everglades we was one of the last off and was still off the ship before 10:00. As far as the drinks, we usually buy the soda package, and buy adult beverages as we go, since we only drink a little....lol....If I remember right the soda package was around $35 pp for 7 day cruise.

Bill

Do you just go to the port and give them the luggage and get to the ship right the way? and question regarding to $35 pp for 7 days soda package, do you need to buy this package for everyone with the same trip(room?) consider only one of us want soda badly and others are not so crazy. but how can they tell who is drinking?

Do you just go to the port and give them the luggage and get to the ship right the way? and question regarding to $35 pp for 7 days soda package, do you need to buy this package for everyone with the same trip(room?) consider only one of us want soda badly and others are not so crazy. but how can they tell who is drinking?

First, yes, as you pull up to the dock there are porters there that take the luggage, you then may get in line to check in. As far as the soda package, as far as I know only those in your group that want it need to buy it. Depending on the cruise line, they usually will either put something on your key card or issue you a separate card to show and most will also give you a souvenir cup also. Keep in mind this package is only for fountain type sodas in most cases.

Bill

First, yes, as you pull up to the dock there are porters there that take the luggage, you then may get in line to check in. As far as the soda package, as far as I know only those in your group that want it need to buy it. Depending on the cruise line, they usually will either put something on your key card or issue you a separate card to show and most will also give you a souvenir cup also. Keep in mind this package is only for fountain type sodas in most cases.

Bill

Thank you moondogy!