Fire Damage on Freedom of the Seas

Anyone have information pertaining to the re-opening of the Diamond Lounge

on Freedom of the Seas. The last thing I saw a photo of a sign advising

"Closed Until Further Notice". My Aug 30th cruise will be my first cruise as a

Diamond and I was hoping to get some relief from the crowded Concierge

Lounge which is frequently over-run with Diamonds and Pinnacles. Someone

suggested an alternate lounge for Diamonds might be available.

Edited by KatnBob
delete error

Are you from n beach ft pierce?

There are no Diamonds in the CL and secondly the Pinnacles are few and far between. Thirdly my last half dozen cruises this year on various RCL ships there was basically a CL that was half full each and every night....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

From the 24th

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47226687#post47226687

Actually I was confused by the OP's question. Diamond C&A members have not been in the CL for the past 6 years or so. Perhaps the OP's last cruise was back then. I have to assume that the OP was in a suite if he/she had CL access.

OP - I can't answer your question about the lounge, but perhaps someone on board now or in the next weeks can get you some info. I would expect that all venues will be open by the end of August, if not sooner. Just for info - In our recent experiences on the Freedom, it seems the D lounge is more crowded than the CL.

enjoy

M

Right. Since we are really old cruisers and figure each cruise might be our last, we have been splurging on the suites.....mostly on Freedom of the Seas. From the current posts,

I see I need to make a distinction between Diamond and Diamond Plus.

There are no Diamonds in the CL and secondly the Pinnacles are few and far between. Thirdly my last half dozen cruises this year on various RCL ships there was basically a CL that was half full each and every night....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would guess you have not been on Freedom Of Seas in the last couple years.

Actually I was confused by the OP's question. Diamond C&A members have not been in the CL for the past 6 years or so. Perhaps the OP's last cruise was back then. I have to assume that the OP was in a suite if he/she had CL access.

OP - I can't answer your question about the lounge, but perhaps someone on board now or in the next weeks can get you some info. I would expect that all venues will be open by the end of August, if not sooner. Just for info - In our recent experiences on the Freedom, it seems the D lounge is more crowded than the CL.

enjoy

M

My error! Apparently the lapel pins I see in the Concierge Lounge are on Diamond Plus

members......not Diamonds.

I would guess you have not been on Freedom Of Seas in the last couple years.

You are correct about Concierge Lounge overcrowding on the Freedom.

The Port Canaveral area has a huge number of D+ and Pinnacle members many of whom sail on the Freedom a lot. Because of the crowded lounge conditions we do not have a Port Canaveral sailing in our future (22 booked cruises).

You might want to consider driving to Ft.Lauderdale and sailing on the Oasis (although you are probably past final payment). We just returned from a Back2Back on the Oasis where D+ and D must use the Diamond Lounge (seats more than other RCI ships). The Oasis has a dedicated Suites Lounge for suite and Pinnacle guests as well as a Coastal Kitchen.

Neither were overcrowded and both were great venues. We enjoyed it so much that we are returning in February for another Back2Back.

Edited by beachnative

Hey, thanks for your kind response!

for crying out loud, the op asked a simple question! Maybe op was in a suite and did use the cl and maybe it was crowded with diamonds and pinnacles...is that so far fetched?

Sent from my kfthwi using forums mobile app

As beachnative indicated Oasis and also Allure, upon its return, would be far better alternatives. The newly created suites lounge and Coastal Kitchen sets these two ships apart from the rest of the fleet. Great venues for breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening cocktails with no crowds. Enjoy!

You are correct about Concierge Lounge overcrowding on the Freedom.

The Port Canaveral area has a huge number of D+ and Pinnacle members many of whom sail on the Freedom a lot. Because of the crowded lounge conditions we do not have a Port Canaveral sailing in our future (22 booked cruises).

You might want to consider driving to Ft.Lauderdale and sailing on the Oasis (although you are probably past final payment). We just returned from a Back2Back on the Oasis where D+ and D must use the Diamond Lounge (seats more than other RCI ships). The Oasis has a dedicated Suites Lounge for suite and Pinnacle guests as well as a Coastal Kitchen.

Neither were overcrowded and both were great venues. We enjoyed it so much that we are returning in February for another Back2Back.

FWIW, CL on Freedom was basically a ghost town in June. Pretty sure OP is way past final payment if voyage is in August.

Proud Cocoa Beach D+

We sail in 10 days and were also wondering about the DL. We use it for more than the dinnertime drinks -- espresso/cappuccino machine is a fave of some of our group.

Proud someday Orlando almost D+ .

mac_tlc

For us having the drinks loaded on our Sea Pass cards is so much better than having to go to the Diamond lounge.

And I love to go to the Diamond Lounge to meet new people with the same passion as I have. Most of the time you see familiar faces too, especially on TA's.

there ARE however Diamond PLUS in the CL. and they do indeed tend to overrun the CL on some itineraries/dates.

Guess you must be cruising in suites all the times, because if your next cruise is your first one as a Diamond member, I can't see how you could have used the Concierge Lounge in the past.

and what is wrong with THAT? some people only sail suites.