Cruise Flights

Logger1

We have used NCL's air twice when it was significantly cheaper than any of the discount sites or airline sites. No way to see carriers or flight times ahead of time. We did not receive flight info until about 30 days before the cruise.

Unless you pay extra for flight deviation, including difference in fares, they will book cruise day arrival.

• 4 months later...

We are thinking of taking Breakaway's Transatlantic in April. I asked about flights back to Boston. We live in RI so we can get a ride to NYC for it's departure. I was shocked to hear that only after we pay in full for both the cruise & flight will we be told about the flight back. Airline, number of flights, time of flights. No info when booking. This seems very odd. We've only sailed NCL once before. Breakaway out of NYC so no flights needed for that one. Our favorite cruise line is Celebrity. For them you select the flight from a long list when booking. Since the time Iwas told this news from NCL, I found that Norwegian Airlines (no relation to NCL) has a lower price for their Premium class (almost 1st class) than NGL's stated price for cattle class flight to Boston.

We have used NCL's air twice when it was significantly cheaper than any of the discount sites or airline sites. No way to see carriers or flight times ahead of time. We did not receive flight info until about 30 days before the cruise.

Unless you pay extra for flight deviation, including difference in fares, they will book cruise day arrival.

How were the flights provided? Did you use them as is or change?

Is there any web site I can research flights from NCL?

If you have the time, you could start right here @ Cruise Critic :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1722215

Best advice - check the price yourself, get NCL to quote with and without air and then decide yourself.

NCL price will also include airport transfer.

We went through NCL Premium Air and booked a one-way flight to Europe on Virgin Atlantic for a Transatlantic cruise back to NYC, for half the listed cost. Once ticketed we upgraded our seats.

Just tell them (or your TA) what flights you want and see what's offered.

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/airsea

Also there is a person on Cruise Critic called FlyerTalker.

Ask him; he's a know-it-all.

Edited by $hip$hape

We are thinking of taking Breakaway's Transatlantic in April. I asked about flights back to Boston. We live in RI so we can get a ride to NYC for it's departure. I was shocked to hear that only after we pay in full for both the cruise & flight will we be told about the flight back. Airline, number of flights, time of flights. No info when booking. This seems very odd. We've only sailed NCL once before. Breakaway out of NYC so no flights needed for that one. Our favorite cruise line is Celebrity. For them you select the flight from a long list when booking. Since the time Iwas told this news from NCL, I found that Norwegian Airlines (no relation to NCL) has a lower price for their Premium class (almost 1st class) than NGL's stated price for cattle class flight to Boston.

we booked through NCL for flights for one way London to Orlando April transatlantic which unfortunately had to be cancelled

flights out happened to be with British airways but no choice in matter and nearly £700

we have rebooked next year for same cruise and decided to check out own airfare

the major airlines such as Virgin British Airways charge more than double for a one way flight compared to return/round trip-not much help when booking for a transatlantic cruise

friends flew last week on Norwegian Fort Lauderdale Florida to London Gatwick and said despite a 2 hour delay it was much cheaper than other airlines

it is a low cost airline charging extras for baggage meals etc

however we found premium air flights with above included and larger seats on their Dreamliner aircraft for just over £100 more than fixed economy

£600 as opposed to £1400 with British airways economy

we will take the risk for that price

Norwegian Airlines, from what i understand, is the international equivalent of Southwest.

I was actually asking "how were" the flights, non-stop, one-stops, long layovers, etc, NOT what airline were they on. Sorry my question wasn't clear.

Since I live near an international airport my booking through NCL was easy. Non-stop ORD - LHR with the transportation provided to Dover. Can't remember what I paid, but it was cheaper than anything I could have booked on my own, and getting on a train to London to Dover dragging luggage with me. We were booked on United Airlines.

Can you actually request first class tickets (especially TA) through NCL or do you get what you get?

Once I got my flight information I logged in and chose my seats, so I imagine this is where you would also upgrade as well.

It depends upon where you need to fly/to from. IMO, if flying to Florida or the west coast from the US, book it on your own. Sometimes flying to/from Europe, it pays to book with cruise line. Norwegian Air isn't affiliated with NCL, they're a European based low-cost carrier, similar to SW or JetBlue here in the USA, with flights to and from Europe from some US gateways. I flew them last summer to Barcelona from JFK for my Epic cruise, business class tickets on the Dreamliner were $1000 cheaper than anyone else, even though the flights weren't direct. We flew from JFK-Stockholm-Barcelona, and through Copenhagen on the way home.

If you book air with NCL, they don't give you the itinerary until about 30 days out, and unless you pay for the deviation, you're arriving the morning of the cruise departure. I prefer to get to my cruise embarkation city at least 1 day prior, so I always book own airfare.

If you book air with NCL, they don't give you the itinerary until about 30 days out, and unless you pay for the deviation, you're arriving the morning of the cruise departure. I prefer to get to my cruise embarkation city at least 1 day prior, so I always book own airfare.

I ASSUME this isn't the case since I'm using the Free at Sea pre-cruise hotel and discounted flights option.

Hoping SOMEONE on this board has some experience with this option to comment.