Nachi TOO quiet??

Martini Mom

We are still deciding where we want to go, but we're leaning toward Nachi (we'll be 40 and 44 on this cruise, no kids with us this time). Mr. Sanchos looks fun, but it sounds like it will have a lot more kids as well as inflatables in the water (we like a view without those water toys). That said, we don't want to be bored and have it be "too quiet" at Nachi. How would you describe the vibe there?

Nachi is a great place to relax, enjoy the view, swim, read a book, chat, etc. all while enjoying great service/food/drinks. No music, no water toys, and even when it is close to full (100 guests) you have lots of room and it is not busy.

After the crowded pool area on the ship we love to spend the day at Nachi. :)

I agree, we loved the day we spent at Nachi and will be going again in April. Very relaxed, I wouldn't mind a bit of background music but that isn't a deal breaker for us. Lots of friendly people, the staff is great and so are the food and drinks;)

We haven't been to Nachi yet but will be there on 3/17. Someone else on my role call tried to book in the last few days but they were sold out. They limit to 100 guests per day and on the day we are going there are 6 ships in port. So...if you are headed there soon, you may want to think about booking sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G900V

We were there in 2011 for the first time and loved it. We are going back to Cozumel in October and Nachi will be where we spend the day. Quiet, not too crowded (they only let 100 people in a day) and the service/drinks/food were great. Get there early to get a palapa that is fairly close to the restaurant/bar.

Not sure what you mean by 'too quiet'. There is not music playing but there are people lounging and walking around so you hear them. We were on the beach but not far from the pool and there were many lively conversations going on there as more people congregated in that location. People were not walking around whispering like in a library. :)

If you mean activities you can do as little or as much as you want. There were people snorkeling both from the beach and on boats. There are jet skis to rent or you can get a relaxing massage.

We have been to both Nachi and Mr Sanchos and here's my take...

Every single time anyone mentions Nachi on this board you will get everyone saying "Nachi...quiet, relaxing, mostly adult-like place" and you will get "Sanchos...rowdy, more upbeat, kids/families"

I'm hear to tell you that I completely believe it all depends on the day, the cruise, the people traveling the....whatever. No single day is going to be the same!

We went to Nachi...there's were kids, there were teens, there were what I would call probably very young adults (18ish) and they were rowdy and they were horse-playing in the pools, they were splashing, they were yelling, they were crawling in the adult only hot tubs, the staff was telling them to get out, the adults were telling them to get out...it didn't work. Go in the bathroom, the young-adult girls were taking selfies of the other using the restroom, applying makeup and adjusting their boobs. ;) Was it a quiet, adult filled day? Nope. Not the day we were there.

We went to Mr Sanchos...were there rowdy kids? Screaming and yelling? Was it loud and like a party scene? Nope, it sure wasn't. It was fairly crowded, didn't see a bunch of drunks, yes families were there and they swam in the ocean and in the water and weren't horse-playing or loud. Hmmm, it was a complete 360 from what others have experienced.

Just saying... ;)

Both of my reviews with TONS of pictures in each of them are listed in my signature if you want to have a good look around.

Not trying to convince you one way or the other. Just saying everyone will have a different experience. Nachi is very beautiful and yes they limit the amount of people there. The chairs and palapas are spread out and not bunched up on one another like Mr Sanchos and most beach places are.:)

Oh, one other thing I forgot to add...you mentioned you didn't want to stare out at the ocean and see a bunch of inflatables. If you are on the AI side to Mr Sanchos, the inflatables are not on that side. You have to go down to the PAYG side for those. So, if you do go there and do the AI, that won't be a concern. ;)

Oh, one other thing I forgot to add...you mentioned you didn't want to stare out at the ocean and see a bunch of inflatables. If you are on the AI side to Mr Sanchos, the inflatables are not on that side. You have to go down to the PAYG side for those. So, if you do go there and do the AI, that won't be a concern. ;)

Thanks for the tip! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I wish I could snap my fingers and go back to that wonderful beach with great food. I'm sure there are many like me who can't wait to get away from a high stress job and just unwind and relax, we found that here. DW and I really enjoy active excursions but this is one place to just veg out. If we ever go on another cruise that stops in Cozumel, I won't research any other excursions, I'm going straight back there. :cool:

A friend and I are booked to go to Nachi April 14th. I'm hoping there won't be a lot of rowdy people that day! LOL I have seen several threads that talked about tipping the waiters and bartenders. Is that common? One poster suggested tipping at the beginning to get better service another said it depended on what you ask the staff to do for you and to tip like you were at a restaurant... This is our first trip there and we don't want to offend anyone... :cool:

I'm pretty sure they expect a tip. ;) we didn't tip until the end. Nachi cocum, Our waiter was slow, sloooooow. Wasn't very impressed. I had blended drinks. They were just ok. This was in 2012 I think. But the water and the peaceful day was magnificent. I bet there wasn't 30 people there that day. It was very nice. Rent a water floatie, definitely a great day. Oh, the food was wonderful. We will probably go back next year for our 2nd time in cozumel.

A friend and I are booked to go to Nachi April 14th. I'm hoping there won't be a lot of rowdy people that day! LOL I have seen several threads that talked about tipping the waiters and bartenders. Is that common? One poster suggested tipping at the beginning to get better service another said it depended on what you ask the staff to do for you and to tip like you were at a restaurant... This is our first trip there and we don't want to offend anyone... :cool:

We typically tip at the end of the day, but start off with renting a floating mat for $7 (I usually give him $10 and let him keep the change). At the end of the day we tip 15-20% of the admission fee for good service and I usually give another few bucks to the bartenders who let me practice my Spanish at the swim up bar.

We are in our late 40's and went with 4 others in their 30's. We had a great time. Bartenders were super nice, had a lot of fun with us. We got great service from the waitstaff, relaxed for the first couple of hours, swam a bit, wandered the beach, then started having cocktails in the swim up hot tub, and got a little rowdy. Not enough to scare anyone. We actually had all the adults at the beach that day join in, so there was a pretty good party going by the time we had to head back to the beach. It was great. Make your own fun.

We are in our late 40's and went with 4 others in their 30's. We had a great time. Bartenders were super nice, had a lot of fun with us. We got great service from the waitstaff, relaxed for the first couple of hours, swam a bit, wandered the beach, then started having cocktails in the swim up hot tub, and got a little rowdy. Not enough to scare anyone. We actually had all the adults at the beach that day join in, so there was a pretty good party going by the time we had to head back to the beach. It was great. Make your own fun.

Can't wait to go back next month. That is what we did at the end -- hang out at the pool bar and met a lot of people. The drinks were good and plenty. Good times! Glad you enjoyed it as we always do.

We typically tip at the end of the day, but start off with renting a floating mat for $7 (I usually give him $10 and let him keep the change). At the end of the day we tip 15-20% of the admission fee for good service and I usually give another few bucks to the bartenders who let me practice my Spanish at the swim up bar.

Is it o.k. to bring our own float mats? Got a couple cheap ones, mostly to use on the loungers. Figured if we couldn't deflate/pack them flat again afterward, we would leave them for someone else to use.