Are jeans allowed in MDR

dcl1710

While jeans are permitted I've seen very few people actually wearing them particularly in the Caribbean. I notice someone here or there but hardly many.

just got off a 30 day cruise on the Westy many many people wearing jeans in the dining room on smart casual nights---you are behind the times--

Bg

I haven't been on thirty day cruises. Only 7 - 10 - 14 day cruises and can only report what I personally see. :)

I'll report back here what I see on our Westerdam Collectors cruise, upcoming.

Welcome back.

Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

just got off a 30 day cruise on the Westy many many people wearing jeans in the dining room on smart casual nights---you are behind the times--

Bg

We were on the same cruise last year and saw very few jeans in the dinning room. Guess things have change alot in a year.

My jeans are so inconspicuous that I can wear them on formal nights with a dress shirt & no one gives then a second glance.

I seriously doubt there are many HAL cruisers who really care what anyone wears anymore. Those days are so long gone.

Who cares? Really.

Wear what you want.

Just please, shower, wear clean clothes, be reasonably appropriate.

That's about the only interest I have in what anyone is wearing.

If you look fabulous, I'll notice.

If you look ridiculously sloppy or dirty, I'll notice.

But who care if I notice except me? :D

I seriously doubt there are many HAL cruisers who really care what anyone wears anymore. Those days are so long gone.

Who cares? Really.

Wear what you want.

Right on, Sail. Right on.

Who cares? Really.

Wear what you want.

Totally agree :)

Ehh, I care.

I liked it when dinner was a social occasion - a time to see and be seen, and not merely an opportunity to stuff food in your face.

But I'm also keenly aware that nobody cares whether or not I care.

I still dress for dinner because I want to look my best for my fellow guests. Others prefer to dress for personal comfort. So it goes. Society is becoming more casual, and I don't begrudge providers (ships, restaurants, etc.) for accomodating the change.

Who cares? Really.

Wear what you want.

like.png

right on, sail. you could single-handedly do away with these awful dress code business. you are the 'queen' of reason, and i love your posts.

Thanks, dr.dawg. :o

like.png

:) I REALLY like your 'like', Melodie. :)

Ehh, I care.

I liked it when dinner was a social occasion - a time to see and be seen, and not merely an opportunity to stuff food in your face.

But I'm also keenly aware that nobody cares whether or not I care.

I still dress for dinner because I want to look my best for my fellow guests. Others prefer to dress for personal comfort. So it goes. Society is becoming more casual, and I don't begrudge providers (ships, restaurants, etc.) for accomodating the change.

Awwwww.... I Care that you care, Alcarondas. :D

I feel pretty much the way you do, except mostly I dress to please my DW. ;)

Neither of us take Jeans on a cruise, mostly because they are TOO HOT!

Gosh, I'd ROAST in the Caribbean if I tried to wear jeans - Instead I take my lightest thinnest dockers, or Tilley pants.

I guess those in the south, who are are more accustomed to the heat can wear jeans all the time. I wear them in the winter fall or spring.

Bg

Because you've seen jeans on your cruises and Sail has not, that categorizes her as "behind the times"? Sorry, your comment makes no sense at all...at least to me!

I have a stong opinion about this and may be in the minority. I do not like to see jeans in the MDR, if you have to wear them IMO there are other venues you can choose to have your meal.

Have you ever taken the time to walk by the dining room when it is vacant, look inside and see what awaits you? Linen tablecloths, fine china, silverware set properly, wine glasses, flowers, your napkin is folded and awaits your arrival. It's special, someone has taken the time to make it that way FOR YOU.

It's just as easy to throw in a pair of nice kahki pants with those jeans in your suitcase. I know things have relaxed but you can relax and still conform.

Just a little story on dress..I have had the privilege to serve in a soup kitchen on the holidays when we go out of our way to make the tables special. We don't do it for us we do it for those we are about to serve.

The tablecloths and napkins may be made of paper, the silverware plastic, the flowers fake but I witness the change in those that we serve stand a little taller, run their fingers thru their hair, brush off their clothes..and present themselves in the best way they can...because they feel special.

I always feel special when I go into the MDR....:)

Archived