Wow card.

I was just on the Freedom of the Seas (Nov 27th to Dec 4th). DW and I were both given a "wow card" to give to a staff member that went out of their way to make your cruise more memorable. My understanding is that they can collect them and turn them in for some sort of bonus.

Does anyone know more about them? Who do you give them to?

We gave the two we had to the waiter and assistant waiter.

When and where do you get them? I also got the email about them and the email Sid you get them when you check in but is that the case?

I'm sure there will be some employees that deserve this recognition and we want to be sure to recognize them.

Thanks.

We received them when we boarded the Liberty a week ago. The staff were focussed on delivering the WOW and within two hours we already wished for more cards.

Don't know how the program works, e.g. who receives the cards nor what the reward is for staff.

I think there was some other recognition card given to D+ and above in the past so perhaps this is a replacement.

Cannot see cards being delivered to all cabins on the last night. The survey is delivered near the end of the cruise which is a great way of giving feedback to RCL.

I don't think it matters if you have a WOW card or not when it comes to the staff delivering WOW service. We cruise often and must say that last week's cruise was full of WOW moments.

Kathy:)

we were given them as we boarded the ship. Apparently it is for C&A members only but I am not sure...

You fill them out and give them to whomever you want...I think that you tear them apart and give part to the crew member and drop the other half off into a box at guest relations...

We gave ours to our server and assistant server....it is a new program...

It is a new incentive program, and the crew can receive awards/prizes.....

I also think it helps overall crew recognition...not sure if everyone who gets a survey really lists crew who were spectacular....my problem is that there isn't enough room on those surveys, so I write on extra pages and tape it all shut. Yes, ALL the comments are typed and forwarded to the ship-VERY quickly-within days after your cruise ends..and for the smaller ships/ships out of Miami, they get those results/comments later that day (of your departure..)

• 2 years later...
Does Royal still offer these cards at boarding time or have they been eliminated when automatic gratuities came into effect?

We got them as recently as last October.

There's no guarantee you'll get them. In the short time they've been around it's been spotty. If we remember, we'll ask but we don't always remember. We always got them at boarding and not in the cabin.

They will be in your room by the last night. It's a new recognition program.

We were told they were only given out on boarding and were not available on the ship. They are only given to Crown and Anchor members - one card each. On our last RC sailing, September on Serenade, we were given them.

We were told they were only given out on boarding and were not available on the ship. They are only given to Crown and Anchor members - one card each. On our last RC sailing, September on Serenade, we were given them.

That has been our experience too.

According to the crew and staff members we've talked to WOW cards are not worth the paper written on. Of course these were from people we knew fairly well that confided in us with that information.

They want their names mentioned in the Guest Survey at the end of the cruise. This is what really counts to them.

They will be in your room by the last night. It's a new recognition program.

Actually the "WOW" Recognition Program is not new all that new of program. It's been active for sometime now.

The card are distributed when checking in at the pier only to Crown & Anchor Members. Sometimes the desk agent gives it you ,sometimes they're just sitting on the counter top if at one of the C&A priority check-in counters and sometimes you have to ask the agent for the card(s). It seems to vary by port and agent.

Edited by xxoocruiser

We were told by an employee whom we gave ours to that they get to spin "the wheel of wow" and can win prizes like internet minutes, dinner in a specialty restaurant, etc. . We went to guest services and asked for one more, but were told that they were only available at the port before boarding.

Just off the Liberty and the only WOW card was an envelope left in our cabin the last day for tips. It actually said WOW on it

In the past we received them at checkin

The cards and envelopes, although both say "wow," are 2 different programs. Wow envelopes are just tip envelopes that are given to everyone. The cards are a C&A program that when given to crew, are supposed to help them win prizes, etc.

According to the crew and staff members we've talked to WOW cards are not worth the paper written on. Of course these were from people we knew fairly well that confided in us with that information.

They want their names mentioned in the Guest Survey at the end of the cruise. This is what really counts to them.

Agreed. I have a few close friends who work for RCI and they told me the exact same thing. The cards pretty much mean nothing nowadays.

Actually the "WOW" Recognition Program is not new all that new of program. It's been active for sometime now.

The card are distributed when checking in at the pier only to Crown & Anchor Members. Sometimes the desk agent gives it you ,sometimes they're just sitting on the counter top if at one of the C&A priority check-in counters and sometimes you have to ask the agent for the card(s). It seems to vary by port and agent.

Little FYI, the comment you responded to is more than 2 years old. ;)

The cards and envelopes, although both say "wow," are 2 different programs. Wow envelopes are just tip envelopes that are given to everyone. The cards are a C&A program that when given to crew, are supposed to help them win prizes, etc.

I have gotten the cards in the past just didn't last week

But this is the first time Ive noticed the envelope saying wow on it

We've been given WOW cards on each of our cruises at check-in only. Sometimes I had to ask for them (pretty insistently, once!). Sometimes we get one per person, and sometimes one per cabin. I usually give them to our waiter or assistant waiter, and the friendly greeter in the Windjammer. I've also given them to people cleaning up general areas on the ship, and to a particularly hard working pool deck guy who did a great job minimizing chair hogs.

We've been told by numerous employees on different ships that the WOW cards are not a big deal to them. That they submit them for monthly drawings but that's it. So, the chances of them actaully getting something is small. We were told to mention them on the survey instead.

BTW...We just got off the Oasis and recieved the new online survery the next day via e-mail. The paper survey is no longer used on that ship. I only had one week to fill it out and submit it. Not sure what happens if I'd be on a B2B or extended vacation?

I was on the Explorer in November and received the WOW card at embarkation. I was told that it was for D+ members only.

I was going to give it to a certain crew member on board and he told me not to bother as it wouldn't do anything for him. He suggested someone else I could give it to which I did.

I didn't get the impression that it was that big a deal to them.

I was going to give it to a certain crew member on board and he told me not to bother as it wouldn't do anything for him. He suggested someone else I could give it to which I did.... I didn't get the impression that it was that big a deal to them.

Aww, that's a shame. Obviously not worth what they once were. We gave a WOW card to the omelet guy in the Windjammer last cruise. He was amazing! But, we also included a tip, a kind word, and a hand shake, which he seemed to appreciate. :)