Daredevil Evicted For Jumping Off Cruise Ship

Fla Mike

I don't think this was posted yet...

Looks like it was off the Conquest.

I do not know what to say, I'm sure he lost that "cat that ate the canary" look when he got picked up by the police and booted off.

http://www.crew-center.com/daredevil-evicted-jumping-cruise-ship

What an idiot!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was a choice. I don't get excited about it one way or another. It is an expensive way to thrill-seek, but to each his own.

As for "trying to stop him", that seems like a bad idea. No sense putting yourself in harm's way just to stop someone from being dumb. As for putting them off if they were co-conspirators, I presume security didn't have access to the audio portions of his video recording images and the ship's CCTV images would have been inconclusive at best.

The man is very lucky. Our cruise in September of 2011 a man jumped off the Conquest in Cozumel Mexico. His body was never found.

I was on that cruise...He was never found because he bounced off of a lifeboat (we had a balcony and saw part of hid t-shirt hung on the lifeboat) so he was probolly knocked out when he hit the water

That looks like fun. Carnival should have an inflatable water slide

I'd be in.

Funnily enough, I thought about it while on our balcony on the way in to Grand Turk the other week (obviously not seriously considering it). The water is so clear.

I wonder how high it was, it looks like he jumped off the deck with all the lifeboats.

Turks and Caicos must be the port where people decide to do dumb things.....

2 years ago when I was on the Carnival Valor we got off the ship super early, like one of the first 10 people off, and while we had just gotten off the gangway and were walking towards land some people ahead of us had their hat blow off into the water (I'm sure you've all seen that happen at at least one port....) and without hesitation one of the young guys (30ish), stripped down to his underwear and dove into the water after it.

He had to swim out quite far because of how the waves had taken the hat and as soon as he hit the water security and crew from our boat were out yelling at him to quickly swim because another ship was quickly approaching to dock where he had dove in......

He tired, but quickly something he thought was fun and funny turned into a very dangerous situation. The port security came and they all tried throwing ropes in for the guy to grab so they could drag him to shore before the boat ran him over. He finally got a hold of one and was dragged to shore by the port people and the carnival head of security just kept yelling at the guy that "YOUR DAY IS DONE!!! YOUR DAY IS DONE!!! YOUR CRUISE IS OVER!!"

They got him to shore and once he caught his breath laying on the beach, they arrested him and he was taken back on ship and we were told he was going to be flown home and he was being kicked off the ship.

It was our first port of call on day 1 of the cruise..... AND......

HE DIDN'T END UP GETTING THE HAT!!!!!

-Lauren

I wonder how high it was, it looks like he jumped off the deck with all the lifeboats.
Not as high as the big numbers I saw mentioned! ;)

I've been on Deck 3 under where the lifeboats are hanging overhead.

It's more like 25 ft. -maybe 30 tops.

-and it wasn't even a decent GoPro movie, for the effort and hassle.

Not as high as the big numbers I saw mentioned! ;)

I've been on Deck 3 under where the lifeboats are hanging overhead.

It's more like 25 ft. -maybe 30 tops.

-and it wasn't even a decent GoPro movie, for the effort and hassle.

I also thought the same thing.

ETA - and it made it look less of a big deal than the story made it seem. (not talking about right or wrong, just how scary it was)

Edited by 1kaper

I don't think this was posted yet...

Looks like it was off the Conquest.

I do not know what to say, I'm sure he lost that "cat that ate the canary" look when he got picked up by the police and booted off.

http://www.crew-center.com/daredevil-evicted-jumping-cruise-ship

Some people are so stupid! What a waste of money for 15 minutes of fame