Priscilla, Beatles, Burn on EPIC

Cruiser Bruiser

Anyone else excited about the new entertainment line-up slated for Epic when she arrives in Barcelona April 2015?

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_111714

I'm sailing Epic for the first time in less than three weeks, and I'm skipping Blue Man Group. I'm sure it's popular with a lot of folks, just not me. But Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is something I would have booked twice. :D Bravo to Norwegian for installing it aboard one of their mega-ships. Burn the Floor has proven to be popular, too.

The Beatles experience is being housed in "a new venue" called The Cavern Club, based on the actual venue where the Beatles were discovered. I'm guessing this is replacing Fat Cats?

Thanks for keeping it fresh, Norwegian! I was already torn between a 12-night Canary Islands sailing on Epic and a 12-night Southern Caribbean sailing on Breakaway. You just made the decision even harder. I guess I'll eventually have to do both! :p

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Anyone else excited about the new entertainment line-up slated for Epic when she arrives in Barcelona April 2015?

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_111714

I'm sailing Epic for the first time in less than three weeks, and I'm skipping Blue Man Group. I'm sure it's popular with a lot of folks, just not me. But Priscilla, Queen of the Desert is something I would have booked twice. :D Bravo to Norwegian for installing it aboard one of their mega-ships. Burn the Floor has proven to be popular, too.

The Beatles experience is being housed in "a new venue" called The Cavern Club," based on the actual venue where the Beatles were discovered. I'm guessing this is replacing Fat Cats?

Thanks for keeping it fresh, Norwegian! I was already torn between a 12-night Canary Islands sailing on Epic and a 12-night Southern Caribbean sailing on Breakaway. You just made the decision even harder. I guess I'll eventually have to do both! :p

that sounds awesome! Love Priscilla. Seen it twice, and would go again in a heartbeat.

Does this mean no more Blue man group? ? Can't say I'm overly excited about burn the floor which seems to be the one on for our August 16 cruise (as looking like Priscila not on until October? !)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Does this mean no more Blue man group? ? Can't say I'm overly excited about burn the floor which seems to be the one on for our August 16 cruise (as looking like Priscilla not on until October? !)

I am guessing that BMG has run its course. It's a bit interesting in that BMG is very abstract and nonverbal, so in that sense it would have been perfect for multilingual Europe. But my sense is, and folks can correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't seen it, that BMG was just a bit too juvenile. I perceive it as a lot of noise, and grunting, and drum pounding, and mess. I never got the appeal, and as I say, I'm not planning on seeing it when I board the beautiful Norwegian Epic on December 7.

I am guessing that BMG has run its course. It's a bit interesting in that BMG is very abstract and nonverbal, so in that sense it would have been perfect for multilingual Europe. But my sense is, and folks can correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't seen it, that BMG was just a bit too juvenile. I perceive it as a lot of noise, and grunting, and drum pounding, and mess. I never got the appeal, and as I say, I'm not planning on seeing it when I board the beautiful Norwegian Epic on December 7.

yes it would be good for a multi-lingual audience but totally disagree BMG is juvenile. Its more popular with adults because there are so many cultural references the kids would never get. Its pure comedy.

yes it would be good for a multi-lingual audience but totally disagree BMG is juvenile. Its more popular with adults because there are so many cultural references the kids would never get. Its pure comedy.

So do you recommend it? How long is the show, if you remember? Thanks for any arm-twisting. I don't want to needlessly miss out just from sheer ignorance. :p

BMG can be described as sophisticated in a juvenile, fascinating and entertaining way. It really is a fun experience and I like all kinds of comedy. I don't think seeing videos of it does it justice, as can be said for many things.

Go watch it. Sit in the back on the aisle and if you don't like it leave. Some of the best experiences in life are the ones you have to be talked in to.

Edited by ColinIllinois

BMG can be described as sophisticated in a juvenile, fascinating and entertaining way. It really is a fun experience and I like all kinds of comedy. I don't think seeing videos of it does it justice, as can be said for many things.

Go watch it. Sit in the back on the aisle and if you don't like it leave. Some of the best experiences in life are the ones you have to be talked in to.

Okay, I'm booked. Maybe childlike, is a good word for what you're describing... I'll do my best not to be my typical cranky-old-man self. ;) But it's an hour and 45 minutes!! I'll have half a bottle of wine before I go, I guess.

By the way, on the bottom of my reservation it states: "Please note: 3/29/2015 will be our last cruise featuring Blue Man Group (all dates are subject to change)." I guess I can say I saw it when.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would not find some parts of it funny. The interaction between the 3 of them, the skits, the audience participation, etc. How can you pass it up especially since it is free on a cruise ship. Take a chance, even if you get one laugh is it not worth it? You would pay $100 at least to see this show anywhere else. Just make sure you come back here to tell us what you think. Everything happens for a reason. You booking the official LAST night of BMG tells you something!

Thinking more about Priscilla today and why they would wait until completely out of US waters to stage the show...then it hit me. A lot of the southern US would flee the Epic in droves if this was the show. They had to wait until the ship got to the more accepting Eurocontinent to switch over.

Thinking more about Priscilla today and why they would wait until completely out of US waters to stage the show...then it hit me. A lot of the southern US would flee the Epic in droves if this was the show. They had to wait until the ship got to the more accepting Eurocontinent to switch over.

So NCL knows that a lot of the Confederacy is homophobic?

I guess there were always going to be changes with the refit of Epic, but as that is not till the Autumn effectively Blue man Group is being replaced by Burn the Floor and the 2 other new entertainment options won't happen until after the refit.Having booked a cruise in May on Epic I was looking forward to BMG (and so was my daughter).Don't see why they couldn't have kept BMG on until the refit and this suggests Epic will be a little lighter on entertainment next Summer season, which seems rather unfair on those sailing pre-refit.

Completely agree with you. I love Priscilla! It's a lot of fun. I'm on the 12/14/14 Epic cruise and I'm looking forward to BMG though. I've NEVER seen it but mostly only heard great things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess there were always going to be changes with the refit of Epic, but as that is not till the Autumn effectively Blue man Group is being replaced by Burn the Floor and the 2 other new entertainment options won't happen until after the refit.Having booked a cruise in May on Epic I was looking forward to BMG (and so was my daughter).Don't see why they couldn't have kept BMG on until the refit and this suggests Epic will be a little lighter on entertainment next Summer season, which seems rather unfair on those sailing pre-refit.

I agree with you. We loved BMG and have seem them at least 3 times. we are traveling with my sister and family in August ( who are first time cruisers) and know they were looking forward to seeing the show so now wondering what our entertainment will be as wasn't impressed with Burn The Floor when we saw in breakaway (well I think it was on there! )

As someone living in North Carolina.... I find your opinion very ignorant. I would have expected someone so enlightened to have more common sense than to generalize like that.

Why would anyone want the entertainment on a cruise ship to remain exactly the same for over 5 yrs? I want the entertainment to change along with dining options, drinks and so on.not sure why anyone would be upset that entertainment is being refreshed. I always take it as avoid sign that NCL isn't stale and boring.

Does this mean no more Blue man group? ? Can't say I'm overly excited about burn the floor which seems to be the one on for our August 16 cruise (as looking like Priscila not on until October? !)

So am I reading the Press Release correctly? Nothing new, apart from Burn the Floor, by August 2015 sailings? Think I would rather have seen BMG again, but nice to see NCL changing things about. :)

So am I reading the Press Release correctly? Nothing new, apart from Burn the Floor, by August 2015 sailings? Think I would rather have seen BMG again, but nice to see NCL changing things about. :)

You're right that there will be a period from April through early October where offerings will be in flux. However, than can happen on other ships, as well, do to a change in production casts, especially on repositioning cruises. Usually the cruise director fills in with extra comedians or musical performers.

That said, something like Burn the Floor isn't really offered on Epic right now, so in that sense it's an added bonus. Priscilla Queen of the Desert is the replacement for BMG. Since it will be a 90-minute version of a Broadway show, that's a fair trade. The Beatles show is almost certainly a replacement for Fat Cats, and I think it's an upgrade, too.

My lingering question is whether there are going to be any changes to Cirque Dreams, Howl at the Moon and/or Legends in Concert. I would be highly amused if the Beatles venue is actually a replacement for the Spiegel Tent, for example. Time will tell.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

With the new line up announced, how does that impact the Cirque show and Second City? For sure BMG is out.. are those acts out as well? We are booked on the Oct 11th sailing, right after the refit. The Second City shows are getting really tired ..time for something new and fresh there. But we were looking forward to Cirque dinner show. (BMG is a blast by the way... we saw it twice in Boston.)