Hotter brand shoes?

blythe

I've been receiving their catalogs for a couple of years now and really like some of their styles. I have been really tempted to order a pair or two but I am concerned about how they will fit. If only these shoes were available in a nearby shoe store, so I could try them on, I would love to see how well their shoes last and how comfy they are.

Their styling kind of reminds me of Clarks, a favorite shoe brand if mine.

They are better quality than Clarks imo, if you are familiar with Ecco I would put them more on a par with them. I have some flat mid calf boots from there and the are very supple and well cushioned. We have a store in the town near me. If it helps I wear a UK size 5/EU 38 and when I buy shoes in the US I wear an 8. My boots work best for me over jeans as (like clarks) I find the calf quite wide cut. I tried them on with a dress and tights after having them for a while and they were too baggy looking.

Thanks for the responses. The pamphlet came with this month's issue of Midwest Living so I was rather surprised by it but I really like their styles and am tempted to order a pair or two. They are offering 30% off plus free shipping and return. That is a very good offer so I might take them up on it!

I love my Hotter shoes - they are a godsend on a cruise or for travelling as they are so comfy when you're trailling around! I wear them for walking the dogs too, in fact I have a lime green coloured pair which I've hardly had off my feet this year! They come with an extra cushioned insole which keeps your feet nice and fresh when you don't wear socks with them! I've had a few pairs now.

I've just looked at the UK site and I see they're doing a 3 for 2 - time for stocking up! LOL!

If they do free shipping and returns, you've got nothing to lose! :D

I've been getting those catalogs for the past year. I do like some of the styles and they seemed like they'd be good for my work wear (8+ hours of standing and walking). But, I was hesitant due to lack of knowledge on their quality. I don't mind spending money on good shoes - my current work Danskos were $140.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who responded to my original post. Hotter is offering 40% off and free shipping so I decided to take the plunge and ordered 3 pair of their shoes. My husband ordered a pair as well. I've never ordered shoes online or from a catalog for fear of them not fitting. So, we will see! I really like the styles so I am hoping that at least one or two of the pairs will fit me. By the way, the code is LLEFWT in case anyone else would like to take advantage of the 40% offer. I don't know how long it is good for.

I looked at the online catalog. Customers' comments gave the impression that the shoes tend to be narrow. Is that true? I would then have to order the wide models.

Will have to look at this website. I have narrow feet and practically no one makes narrow shoes any more.

• 3 weeks later...

Another endorsement for Hotter shoes. I have 5 or 6 pairs in different colours and styles and they are soooo comfortable.

So much so that I often forget to take them off when I get home. The other nice thing is that you can remove the insoles and wash them to freshen them up.

I received my shoes on Friday. They are very comfortable. I have a wide foot and ordered a wide and they are a bit less wide than I would have hoped but not terribly so. Clarks wide widths fit me well and these are a bit narrower than those. I am keeping them. They are very well made!

Edited by OceanSea

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday 2 of the 3 pairs of Hotter shoes that I ordered finally arrived. They fit well, seem to be of good quality and I like the styles very much. There is still 1 pair on back order so I hope that I am as pleased with the pair that is still to come. Merry Christmas, everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my third and final pair of Hotter shoes finally arrived today. Although I like the style, the fit is not quite right and I will have to send this pair back. I should have known better than to order a loafer style shoe because my left foot is smaller than the right and I have better luck with lace-up or velcro-closure styles. Anyway, 2 of the 3 pair that I ordered are just fine.

Thanks for the heads up on the other brand that might be worth looking at.

The only draw-back to ordering from Hotter is that it took a long time for the order to arrive. I'm not sure if they offer expedited shipping for an extra fee.