Ephesus - Vendors

I have been to Ephesus twice in the last 15 years and will be there again in October. I recall seeing vendors on the approach to Ephesus, but my notes don't list the location where they set up. Can anyone reading this tell me where I saw them?

I remember seeing them when we left Ephesus, including the 'Genuine Fake Watches' stall.

That is my recollection as well. There are vendor tents/stalls at the end of the tour where the buses are parked.

I have been to Ephesus twice in the last 15 years and will be there again in October. I recall seeing vendors on the approach to Ephesus, but my notes don't list the location where they set up. Can anyone reading this tell me where I saw them?

Every#%*where!!

Have been 4 times…… there are vendors along the road at the top of the hill where you get left…….. you then walk thru and at the exit there are more…..

there is one stall on the right hand side as you leave about half way that has all white cotton clothing……. I have bought items from them a few times (a beautiful caftan for me, a shirt for dh and other items) and while they are not cheap - they are really quality items ! Some are embroidered (also white) and I have received many compliments !

Most of the vendors are located adjacent to the top entrance (the one used by nearly all tours). But on several visits we have never seen anything worth a 2nd look (except some T-shirts) from these vendors. In this region one can find a lot better shopping in Kusadasi where there is a large shopping area that starts right outside the cruise terminal.

Hank

We ALWAYS patronize the vendors at the top of the hill, by the entrance, for bottles of water to carry wile we are touring the ruins.

The vendors along the road after the exit had very nice offerings, and we found the shopkeepers to be a little less aggressive than the ones in town. We also loved the slushy icy drinks they sold!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 1 month later...

We have just returned from a cruise which included Kusadasi as a port. We went on the ships excursion to Ephesus and also saw the vendors at the start and finish points. However the excursion did not allow time to look at the things for sale - not that we we at all bothered.

The same things were on sale in the town of Kusadasi if anyone is interested though and I suspect much cheaper as you would have time to shop around and negotiate a bit. I did buy some small things, (cheap purses and small bags), and negotiated a big discount on marked prices as we purchased a number of things. Kusadasi was extrememly touristy and we found things marked in Euros rather than Lira, yet when we asked about the price in Lira we got far better value.

The only thing thing that would have been worth buying before the visit to Ephesus was a book on the site with some very nice pictures. One of our party bought one and found it very useful as a guide to the site site as we were passing through it. I think it would have been much better as a guide than our tour guide. There were a lot of signs around the site written in Greek and English so it would have been very easy to have skipped the guide and just gone on our own, so we could see what we wanted to see in our own time rather than being kept away from much of the site and made to stand listening to out guides ramblings. Not sure what the transport would have cost though.

Edited by tring