Hotel for LA San Pedro terminal

rosinajewel

Hello

There are a few people on my roll call that are staying in Long Beach because it's a little cheaper than the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza. Then it's something like $20 bucks for a cab to the San Pedro terminal. (Don't quote me on that)

Hope you find something!

There are a few people on my roll call that are staying in Long Beach because it's a little cheaper than the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza. Then it's something like $20 bucks for a cab to the San Pedro terminal. (Don't quote me on that)
When we sailed out of San Pedro we stayed at the Queen Mary. The cab fare was around $25 (a few years ago) but it was a minivan cab and there were plenty of others going the same direction so we split the fare with another couple. You might pay a bit more for the experience, but what a way to start a cruise.

Hello

Hope you find something!

We will work with the Long Beach suggestion; sounds great to us.

While shopping for a Hotel inquire if they provide a shuttle for guests from the Hotel to the Port.

Crowne Plaza does. When we drive to the Hotel we stay under their Park and Sail program. They store our vehicle in their garage and then transport us to the ship. If the Cruise is coming back to San Pedro, they will be there to transport us back to the Hotel to get our vehicle.

We have stayed there 5 times and never have had a compliant about the service.

Bob

Most of the comments above are spot on. Don't book cheap. You can end up in a dicey location. Stay away from hotels in the LAX and downtown LA areas.

The Queen Mary might be historic but it's a bit overpriced. You can always tour it without booking a room there. For other LB hotels be careful of location as some are in the industrial area. If taking a taxi to the port, make sure your driver knows you need to go to the Port of LA; else, you might end up at the Port of Long Beach, which is the Carnival berth.

Most of the comments above are spot on. Don't book cheap. You can end up in a dicey location. Stay away from hotels in the LAX and downtown LA areas.

The Queen Mary might be historic but it's a bit overpriced. You can always tour it without booking a room there. For other LB hotels be careful of location as some are in the industrial area. If taking a taxi to the port' date=' make sure your driver knows you need to go to the Port of LA; else, you might end up at the Port of Long Beach, which is the Carnival berth.[/quote']

10828987125_c9d28e5512.jpg

Very valid points.....:):):)

Bob

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Very nice with friendly employees. Ask for a room facing the harbor. We saw the ship in the morning. Lots of restaurants in walking distance. Nice walkway along the water. There is a maritime museum and a old military ship to tour. Free shuttle to pier.