Celebrity Connections Registration Issues

LauraS

• Administrators

Hello Everyone:

Many of you have experienced difficulties registering to attend a Connections party on board your next cruise. These technical issues have arisen due to the recent updates to the Celebrity website.

As information, the entire functionality to register to attend a Connections party is housed on Celebrity's web servers, NOT on Cruise Critic. I have asked for assistance from a number of sources in getting this fixed.

I realize that when you call Celebrity's customer service folks, or even the Captain's Club, you are receiving directions to send us your personal information along with your booking ID reservations numbers. Please understand that while we would absolutely want to help you, we cannot and and ask that you do not send us your personal information.

In the meantime, until Celebrity fixes this issue, I'm afraid I can offer you no help at this time other than to keep you informed.

Laura

Still no luck here either. Perhaps a spokesperson from Celebrity could assure us that they would honor our being Roll Call 'Cruise Critics' when we boarded. My ship/sailing is Reflection: Dec 7, 2013. I think that people are concerned that they won't be able to attend if they cannot register online. I can make a printout of my post in the Roll Call to prove my Cruise Critic credentials :)

We were able to register for last Dec 15th Reflection and then ship completely forgot about it, as they had not received a list from Miami, and no invites went out. Only a few of us on roll call had asked guest relations and showed up for some coffee, no officers attended.

It is better to make Connections with others on the RollCall for your sailing, sharing cabin numbers at sail away, and getting together at times convenient for you. Most Connections I have attended on one weeks in the Caribbean were at 10-11 am on first sea day with coffee and danish, so you are not missing much. It is very relaxed, if you can even find out where it is, so you can get in.

I have tried to register for pour Cruise in August, I thought it was windows 8 problem, I then tried on my Samsung Tablet, no luck, then my wife's IPad still nothing finally I dug out an old computer using Windows Vista - guess what, Error.

I have emailed Celebrity and cruise critics - still waiting a reply.

The following arrived moments after I sent the above post. Anybody out there have a clue what they are talking about.

If you forgot your password and have your e-mail address of record handy, use the automatic password reset tool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/login.php?do=lostpw

If you are an AOL user having problems logging in, click here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44909

To register for the Cruise Critic Message Boards, click here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/register.php

If you have registered and need to activate your account, check your spam folder; the activation message may be there. To have activation codes resent to you, CLICK THIS LINK: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/register.php?do=requestemail

We conduct regularly scheduled board maintenance at 3 AM EST every day. It takes about an hour, sometimes more. Members may experience delays in accessing the board at that time.

Best regards,

Jenn

Community Support

CruiseCritic.com

Need more help?

See our FAQs: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php

Or, visit our Help Forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

I checked my junk mail, and there is nothing from Celebrity. I feel that Celebrity should come forward and admit the registration does not work. It is not worth anyone's time to continue to go through filling out the information and not get registered. All Celebrity has to do is assure us that we will be able to sign up on the ship by saying we are with the Cruise Critic Roll Call. I know that otherwise if I do that, without assurances, the people from the ship won't be informed. :( Come on, Celebrity! This is a small thing to do.

What can we do ? :o

Phoned Captains club .They are always very polite ;however ,they simply don't have any connection with the Celebrity IT department .All I asked is that the problems with their web site be escalated to the CEO's office . Chances of loosing business is real due to the aggravation consumers are experiencing 7& the confusion of their new promotions as well .:o

Hi All,

I received the following email in my request to get registered for the party, the concerning part is the wording "hopefully get their registrations up and running" If I or my work colleagues had the same response to a problem we would be out the door.

"Hi There!

Unfortunately Celebrity is having an issue with their sign up website. What you can do is visit with Guest Services upon embarkation and ask them for the time/location of the meet and ask them to add you to the list. I apologize that their site has been giving you issues. We are working with them to hopefully get their registrations back up and running

If further help is needed, please reply to this message.

JennK

Community Support

CruiseCritic.com"

The Celebrity web site is just bad when it comes to registering for the connections Party . today ,Dec 2 ,2013 at (:PM PST tried for the 24th or more times & still get that darn "ERROR" message . Just so frustrating :mad:.

At this point, I am not sure that we want to pursue the connections Party any longer :(

The Celebrity web site is just bad when it comes to registering for the connections Party . today ,Dec 2 ,2013 at (:PM PST tried for the 24th or more times & still get that darn "ERROR" message . Just so frustrating :mad:.

At this point, I am not sure that we want to pursue the connections Party any longer :(

Do not let them win, keep pursuing, send emails and make calls.

Roy

And here I was beginning to think it was just me. I'm with you, have tried for weeks and still no luck and got the same non help from Celebrity. I'm to the point now that I'll just wait & see if I can register on board. Tired of filling out info over and over and still getting the same error message.

Good luck to all!

Do not let them win, keep pursuing, send emails and make calls.

Roy

Roy today is Dec 3rd & I again talked with a Exec Ass't to Michael Bayley,for a update . She could shed no light on when or if the Connections Link would ever work .All she could say is that IT is working on it :rolleyes:.

My conclusion is that there is no apparent sense of urgency to resolve this matter ;as I don't feel that X cares very much whether Cruise Critic members ever see a Connections Party aboard ships in the future :o.I come to this conclusion because of the many issues that have not been resolved with their new web structure :eek:.

There are sailings now ,that have insufficient numbers of participants due o the web site registration problems & there will be no Connections Parties on those sailings ,with no invitations in the state rooms .:o

Many of us have tried retried & retried just too many times to log in & have the Connections link work .A most frustrating experience:(

Just a rather sad display of quality on the part of X:eek:

Laura, can you please explain why we can view scheduled Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle parties (date/time/location), but cannot do the same for Celebrity Connections events? I understand they're different websites but it makes no sense that they'd have the function for one line and not the other. I find it useful to be able to see the information for the event on cruises prior to mine (since they are usually the same for each cruise) so I know what to expect before getting the invitation while on board.

Thanks.

I also am trying to register with Connections and when I just called Celebrity after waiting for a while, the person had no idea what Connections is and that I would have to contact Cruise Critic. I said that I have never had this issue before and it is a Celebrity problem not a Cruise Critic one. The message I get is "Only purchased booking can register Cruise Critic Party." I have had a booking # since Dec. 3.

I can't believe it would take this long to fix this problem. I thought I was doing something wrong!!

It appears that Celebrity doesn't want any more Connection parties. Celebrity should take a good look at this thread to see how many unhappy passengers they have already! Never had this problem with Azamara!!! And Azamara gives the BEST M&M party!! Captain, senior officers, drinks and food are always at the parties! Azamara is under the RCCL family as is Celebrity!!

Has anyone tried emailing the CEO (more likely his office) at contactmichael@celebrity.com? It's listed on his "Letter from the President" page. Also try to get some attention by posting on their Facebook page.

Sent from my L2 G2 using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

We leave on Reflection in 10 days and over 40 ( known) passengers have tried to sign up for the party with no luck.

I made a list for our Roll Call but there is no indication we will be able to have a M & M gathering organized by X. m

Even if everyone brought their info to Guest relations on boarding by the time they could reserve a space, etc. the point of the gathering ( which for us is to meet people on board at the start of the cruise) would be negated.

The website issues have moved from frustrating to laughable to pitiful.

No matter we will have a wonderful cruise.

My registration appeared to go through successfully tonight, no problem whatsoever. It got to the screen that tells me the count of other people registered.

Now if only I could get my luggage tags ordered...

Unless you received a confirmation email, the registration most likely did NOT execute.