Presidents cruise

So...how many of you booked the Sept 11, 2016 cruise on the Allure solely because it was the president cruise? And how many of you are changing now, thanks to RC?

You couldn't put me on a Presidents Cruise for free. 80% of the ship jammed into a closet at happy hour to complain. Pass.

In fairness to your question; not me.

Edited by LMaxwell

Got email from RCL this morning. Canceling 9/11 cruise and not booking 9/18 cruise, not interested in spending two days in Puerto Rico. Disappointed never been on Member's (President) cruise.

Can you copy the email? I am booked on this cruise and haven't received any change to the itinerary.

Can you copy the email? I am booked on this cruise and haven't received any change to the itinerary.

2016 President's Cruise

ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Dear Patricia,

We received such an overwhelming response to our "Save the Date" email survey for the first ever President's Cruise September 11, 2016, that we have made some adjustments to the date and itinerary.

Due to the adjustment of the itinerary, we moved the sailing date to September 18, 2016 in order to accommodate the itinerary changes

Not only will Crown & Anchor Society Members enjoy invitations to exclusive events, we will be embarking on a never before offered itinerary on the Allure of the Seas.

We will sail out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida and call in Nassau, Bahamas, an extended call in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and spend the day in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas before returning to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This new itinerary reflects the preferences that so many of our valued guests shared with us.

As we develop onboard programming and events, we will be sure to keep you updated or contact your travel partner for more information.

As always, we appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you onboard the President's Cruise next year!

Sincerely,

Crown & Anchor Society

You couldn't put me on a Presidents Cruise for free. 80% of the ship jammed into a closet at happy hour to complain. Pass.

In fairness to your question; not me.

Im glad you added that last part that actually answers the OP's question because the first part reads like something a certain drive by poster would post that has almost 70K posts :o

You wouldnt have to attend that meeting in the closet ya know. Honestly, I would love to be on this cruise and am seriously thinking about switching my April Allure cruise to this one. I would bet service would be the best ever.

Edited by ryano

I find it very hard to believe that Nassau, San Juan, and St. Thomas are most peoples "preferences".

I was thinking the same thing when I got that email last night!! I've never been to St. Thomas, so I listed that as a preference, but I think Nassau and San Juan are the two worst possible ports to go to. I was 50/50 on going on this cruise, but now no way. I realize they are limited in where the ship can dock, but come on. Nassau and San Juan are the worst, and if you're at the point where you're invited on this cruise, you've probably been to Nassau 300 times! :eek:

The thing that got me about the message was, even if I were planning on going on the cruise, on what planet is it just OK to change the dates like that? I have a life, and it doesn't run on your schedule.

Exactly! (And hi Cigar King! We were on Liberty together a few years ago.) Maybe one of the reasons the response was so good was because of the dates? What if people had already asked for the time off? Some people have to do that a year in advance.

Exactly! (And hi Cigar King! We were on Liberty together a few years ago.) Maybe one of the reasons the response was so good was because of the dates? What if people had already asked for the time off? Some people have to do that a year in advance.

Technically it is still a year off. ;)

But seriously, not sure why they couldn't have done Labadee instead of Nassau. Maybe another ship is there already

But seriously, not sure why they couldn't have done Labadee instead of Nassau. Maybe another ship is there already

We have people who have to have their requests in by the first of the month a year ahead of when they want to go. Want to go on vacation September 11, 2016? Your request has to be in by September 1, 2015. So if the change is made on September 3, 2015, you might be out of luck. So yes it's technically a year off, but it could make a huge difference to some people.

We have people who have to have their requests in by the first of the month a year ahead of when they want to go. Want to go on vacation September 11, 2016? Your request has to be in by September 1, 2015. So if the change is made on September 3, 2015, you might be out of luck. So yes it's technically a year off, but it could make a huge difference to some people.

Wow :( Glad I dont have some rule like that. Two weeks notice is all I have to give. They wouldnt even accept a leave request this far out from me.

Wow :( Glad I dont have some rule like that. Two weeks notice is all I have to give. They wouldnt even accept a leave request this far out from me.

Yeah, it's hard for those folks. They have to make sure they have people to care for the animals. Personally, I don't ever make plans more than maybe 6 months out. I'm trying to plan a cruise for March and that seems like an eternity from now! :eek:

Got email from RCL this morning. Canceling 9/11 cruise and not booking 9/18 cruise, not interested in spending two days in Puerto Rico. Disappointed never been on Member's (President) cruise.

Well I changed my mind, or at least my DH changed it for me, he said you wanted to go on this cruise because it was the President's cruise and not for ports or ship. We have been on the Allure and Oasis and to these ports many times so what is the difference. Switched dates and got an extended balcony like we had.

That has to be an extremely small subset of the cruising public :eek:

Hi...yes, I remember. That's just it. There are lots of people who want to take vacations. Both my wife and I need to coordinate with our departments. It's a lot easier to do when it's far into the future. By now lots of people have vacations booked for next year.

What's the point of going on the President's cruise if you can't bump another ship from your port? ;-)

That has to be an extremely small subset of the cruising public :eek:

You're the one making a big deal of the year thing. I was just giving an example of some people it might be hard for. Like it might be hard for teachers. Or families. Or people with purple hair. I don't know...

You're the one making a big deal of the year thing. I was just giving an example of some people it might be hard for. Like it might be hard for teachers. Or families. Or people with purple hair. I don't know...

Some people don't even cruise