Cozumel Bar Hop!!

mskillern

I've searched several reviews of the Bar Hop Tour but cannot find one that says how much the food and drink is. I'm wondering how much this excursion is after I pay for food, drink and tips after the $57 for the tour.

Thanks so much!!

I've searched several reviews of the Bar Hop Tour but cannot find one that says how much the food and drink is. I'm wondering how much this excursion is after I pay for food, drink and tips after the $57 for the tour.

Thanks so much!!

I did a review of it form our oasis cruise which I posted on the royal board as well as here (as a carnival cruiser sailing on the oasis.

First off I would highly recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop. Great time and we had never experienced the eastern side of the island before and fell in love with it. Included in the tour is a shot from each of the four stops. We had beers at each stop and food at the second stop. While I cannot relief the cost it was not unreasonable. Maybe like a regular day in Sam Miguel??? Hope this helps.

The food and drink is whatever you buy from the restaurant at each stop. If you buy anything at all.

I always get a blue margarita at coconuts and the coconut shrimp and a full size green iguana at Rastas. I have no idea what it cost. The margarita might have been $9, but by Rastas, I can't remember much LOL

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did the Bar Hop about a year ago. It included a T-shirt then, as part of the $57. It is really neat to see the "other" side of the island. It's so beautiful! We were able to swim at one of the stops, I can't remember which one. We ordered food at one of the stops, and I think we ordered a drink at each of the stops, along with our free shots. I don't remember what things cost, but just standard prices...maybe around $7 for a standard mixed drink, and food was probably around $10-15. There were some little shops too at each of the stops. It was a really fun day, we enjoyed it a lot! Our tour guide was very sweet, I think her name was Colleen. The drinks at every one of the stops were excellent...not at all watered down. Had the best margarita ever at Coconuts. The food there was excellent as well, I just don't remember exactly what we ordered (fish tacos maybe?).

How much money you spend is entirely up to you. We did the Hop last year and in addition to the included shots at each bar stop, we bought a beer at each bar to try the local beers that is offered in Mexico. Had nachos at the first stop. Don't remember how much total we spent but it was a totally enjoyable experience & highly recommend this tour.

Exactly what others have said...you get a free shot at each bar but whatever else you want to drink is up to you...

I really enjoyed doing the bar crawl 2 years ago and plan to do it when I am there over memorial day weekend.

We did the tour in February and loved every minute of it. Like everyone else we ordered drinks at every stop and lunch at the third. Don't remember how much we spent but it was well worth it.

I will tell you to take cash. They do not take credit cards

here is a very detailed with pictures review of the Cozumel bar hop.

Wrigley80's Carnival Breeze Photo Review - March 8-14, 2015

the bar hop review starts at page 20 post # 381. :D

she does very good and detailed reviews i usually start reading them and can't stop! especially this one i am thinking of going on the breeze for my next cruise.

Thanks so much for all of your replies!! We can't decide on doing this excursion or going to the Money Bar. Have any of you done both? That looks nice too.

I have done both. The two are rather different. Do you have any specific questions? What sort of day are you looking for and what do you like to do? Also what ship will you be on because that will make a difference to which pier and costs.

Edited by c-leg5

here is a very detailed with pictures review of the Cozumel bar hop.

Wrigley80's Carnival Breeze Photo Review - March 8-14, 2015

the bar hop review starts at page 20 post # 381. :D

she does very good and detailed reviews i usually start reading them and can't stop! especially this one i am thinking of going on the breeze for my next cruise.

Thank You so much. The Bar Hop was so much fun. Aside from the shot at each bar. I bought a drink at each bar which was like $7.00-$10.00 at each bar. The best drink come at the third bar.....Playa Bonita. It was very good. I will most definitely be doing the Bar Hop again on a future visit to Cozumel

On our land trip to Cozumel, we did both the Bar Hop and visited the Money Bar. Loved them both, but if I had to choose I would totally do the Bar Hop again. The money bar was a nice place to hang out, great snorkeling, but not really a "beachy" beach. It's very rocky, but that's usually an indicator of great snorkeling. If money is a concern, the Money Bar is (oddly enough) a great option because there is no cost to get in, other than the cab fare to get there, and you would only spend what you chose to buy (food/drink). But there's little else to do there.

The Bar Hop gives you a totally different view of the island and it was a lot of fun for us! Either way you'll likely have to pay a cab fare, as the Bar Hop met downtown, and if you're on a Carnival ship, they usually dock on the pier south of downtown. If I remember correctly they can drop you off at the cruise pier afterwards though. Cabs are pretty cheap in Cozumel though...$8-10 to get to you to downtown and/or Money Bar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it's any consolation....we've been to Cozumel about 10 times and have yet to duplicate a tour/excursion. That being said, we would DEFINITELY do the Bar Hop again....in a heart beat.

We purchased drinks (2)at the first stop, a snack and drinks (2) at the second stop, a bigger snack and drinks (2) a the third stop and by the time we went to Rastas, we probably had 2 each (4 drinks) maybe more. I think we spent a total of about $60 extra on food and drinks between the two of us, and we didn't scrimp at any stop.