Cruise personalizer and formal nights

merela

I guess I haven't been on a Princess cruise for a while because the new cruise personalizer format is not very user friendly or at least it's not very intuitive for me. I have been looking all over the pages in the cruise personalizer for the dates when the 2 formal nights will take place during my 7-day Pacific Coastal cruise on the Ruby.

day 1 Sat, 03/28/15 Los Angeles, California

day 2 Sun, 03/29/15 At Sea

day 3 Mon, 03/30/15 San Francisco, California 7:00am – 11:00pm

day 4 Tue, 03/31/15 At Sea

day 5 Wed, 04/01/15 Santa Barbara, California 7:00am – 6:00pm

day 6 Thu, 04/02/15 San Diego, California 7:00am – 6:00pm

day 7 Fri, 04/03/15 Ensenada, Mexico 7:00am – 2:00pm

day 8 Sat, 04/04/15 Los Angeles, California

Does anyone know which 2 dates that the formal nights will take place on this particular cruise?

TIA.

You might only have one formal night due to the departure times from the ports. You definitely have a formal on the first sea day. There won't be one when you leave Ensenada because the next day is disembarkation.

Edited by Kamloops50

You might only have one formal night due to the departure times from the ports. You definitely have a formal on the first sea day. There won't be one when you leave Ensenada because the next day is disembarkation.

This cruise is port intensive. I'm sure the first sea day will be formal night, as Kamploops says. I would guess then day 6 if they are doing one on a port day. Hard to tell.

It would be nice if they did post the nights that were "formal" which on Princess means just about anything. It would be very helpful - Princess are you listening?

If it were possible to make specialty dining ressies before boarding, it would be helpful to the relatively few people who plan to eat at Sabatini's to avoid formal night in the MDR. But that's not possible, so what's the diff?

I guess I haven't been on a Princess cruise for a while because the new cruise personalizer format is not very user friendly or at least it's not very intuitive for me. I have been looking all over the pages in the cruise personalizer for the dates when the 2 formal nights will take place during my 7-day Pacific Coastal cruise on the Ruby.

day 1 Sat, 03/28/15 Los Angeles, California

day 2 Sun, 03/29/15 At Sea

day 3 Mon, 03/30/15 San Francisco, California 7:00am – 11:00pm

day 4 Tue, 03/31/15 At Sea

day 5 Wed, 04/01/15 Santa Barbara, California 7:00am – 6:00pm

day 6 Thu, 04/02/15 San Diego, California 7:00am – 6:00pm

day 7 Fri, 04/03/15 Ensenada, Mexico 7:00am – 2:00pm

day 8 Sat, 04/04/15 Los Angeles, California

Does anyone know which 2 dates that the formal nights will take place on this particular cruise?

TIA.

For sure Day 2 for your first formal night and most likely Day 4 the second formal night! ;)

LuLu

It would be nice if they did post the nights that were "formal" which on Princess means just about anything. It would be very helpful - Princess are you listening?

It is not always known significantly before embarkation which nights will be the formal evenings and thus no way to have them in the Personalizer.

Yes, there are patterns that are often followed, but not 100% of the time.

The Cruise Director working with the Executive Chef can change which evenings are the formal ones.

The evenings can also change if an itinerary has to be changed during the cruise due to weather or other circumstances.

I can envision the posts on Cruise Critic if someone made plans based on a listing of formal evenings months in advance of the cruise but which changed before embarkation day.

You can also call Princess and they can tell you which nights are scheduled to be formal. I just called with a different question and the rep told me which nights on my cruise are formal. It's subject to change of course.