luggage tags

MKMC

• 2 months later...

Well, it looks like things have not changed since the last post in April. Last month, after filling out my Express Pass and the printing of my e-Doc, I requested my luggage tickets via the button on the site. I printed the verification form that shows when we requested them. It is now well over the 20 days and we leave for Greece in 5 days. When we contacted Azamara today (after the obligatory 40 minute "all agents are serving" hold time) we were told that there was a screw up and our tags would be waiting at the port. No explanation of what a "screw-up" was, nor where at the port.

I am assuming that the response can be translated into "find a porter, hope they understand a little English, and fill out some blank ones". We thought about using the ones that you can print from the docs but I really don't want to carry a stapler or tape dispencer to use at the airport after we arrive and I am in no way confident that if I placed the paper ones on our bags prior to our departure from home that they would make it through three different airport bag handling systems.

So I guess we'll just look for a helpful porter. Not a very auspicious beginings for a newbie Azamara cruiser...:(

Well, it looks like things have not changed since the last post in April. Last month, after filling out my Express Pass and the printing of my e-Doc, I requested my luggage tickets via the button on the site. I printed the verification form that shows when we requested them. It is now well over the 20 days and we leave for Greece in 5 days. When we contacted Azamara today (after the obligatory 40 minute "all agents are serving" hold time) we were told that there was a screw up and our tags would be waiting at the port. No explanation of what a "screw-up" was, nor where at the port.

I am assuming that the response can be translated into "find a porter, hope they understand a little English, and fill out some blank ones". We thought about using the ones that you can print from the docs but I really don't want to carry a stapler or tape dispencer to use at the airport after we arrive and I am in no way confident that if I placed the paper ones on our bags prior to our departure from home that they would make it through three different airport bag handling systems.

So I guess we'll just look for a helpful porter. Not a very auspicious beginings for a newbie Azamara cruiser...:(

I'm sorry you didn't get your tags but having sailed out of Athens only last month, I can assure you the grouchy scenario you paint isn't going to happen. Embarkation is very orderly. The porters will be there and all you need do is show them the page from your docs that has the picture of your luggage tag. They'll take it from there and you'll be on your merry way. Not having your tags is a non-issue.

I'm sorry you didn't get your tags but having sailed out of Athens only last month, I can assure you the grouchy scenario you paint isn't going to happen. Embarkation is very orderly. The porters will be there and all you need do is show them the page from your docs that has the picture of your luggage tag. They'll take it from there and you'll be on your merry way. Not having your tags is a non-issue.

That is very true. We actually, somehow, lost one of our luggage tags they sent us and I did not put them on until we arrived at the airport where we were picked up for our transfer to the ship. The porters were very nice and accommodating and put a tag on and wrote our cabin number on it.

I know that person does not want to take a tape dispenser but I would take the printed tags and tape them on when they arrive at their destination just prior to boarding the ship. I always take a tape dispenser in case I have any shampoo or liquid things left and I tape them shut. Word of caution though....do not put the tape dispenser in your carry on if it has a sharp end for cutting tape.

I ordered my tags with the little button. After several weeks and no tags I called ACC. Very nice lady said there had been a printing error and she would reorder the tags and they would be sent promptly. Several weeks later, no tags. Oh well, I have a little stapler, paper tags and will survive.

A month ago I called Azamara to request luggage tags. I was told that I should call back the following week when they would be available. I was also told that after I completed my online checkin, there would be a prompt to order tags. I completed my checkin today. No prompt for luggage tags. I called Azamara. Fortunately, I did not wait long....an improvement over my lengthy wait last time. The agent told me that he would gladly send them if they were available. He said that tags are only available between 45-30 days before the cruise. He said that I should just print them myself and put them on my bags. I know that I can get tags at the pier. If I want tags mailed to me, I have to call again. ...and again...again...... At least the agent was polite. Azamara ought to mail all cruisers a set of tags automatically instead of wasting everyone's time with phone calls. It would make guests happy. Wasting time on phone calls that are unproductive is poor.

Azamara apparently prefers not to send mail to its passengers. On our first Azamara cruise, I was waiting for my cruise booklet for quite a while before realizing that I only could obtain it online. No mailed cruise docs at all; must download them. I guess it saves Azamara quite a bit of money.

After my experience this evening, I am very doubtful that luggage tags exist. I know that the porters will tag my bags at the pier. Is this another way that Azamara is saving money? or is it a snafu on the website? or agents that are making it up as they go? If I ever get my luggage tags, it will be a pleasant surprise. What are my chances?

Oh luggage tags do exist, I have a set for my cruise next week. I don't expect them to come automatically, I go to the site about five weeks before and by that time the order luggage tags button is there and I click it and they arrive about a week later.

If you are booked through an agent who releases funds to Azamara later in the booking process (I was once booked via an online agency who appeared to require the money from me a full month ahead of them paying the cruiseline) you will not find that button being active until later, I presume once payment is sent

Accessing the order button is not dependent on having checked in online, our routine is always labels about 4-5 weeks ahead, online checkin the week before we cruise.

Never had to phone to ask for labels.

Twice on a very late booking had to print labels at home but we have a little one inch stapler it usually comes on holiday in my handbag it's really useful for a variety of things - I got it in a Christmas cracker - well worth having, it removes any stress about labels etc, so used that. On the other trip, we were overnighting in a hotel so used their stapler

It all works .....honest

We cruise in 31 days. Online check in complete but no button for tags. :( Called Guatemala, was told they'd email them to my TA, still no tags! I'm going to call Weybridge today and request them. I know I can get them at the pier if all else fails. Really not impressed with Azamara website.

We cruise in 31 days. Online check in complete but no button for tags. :( Called Guatemala, was told they'd email them to my TA, still no tags! I'm going to call Weybridge today and request them. I know I can get them at the pier if all else fails. Really not impressed with Azamara website.

Do you have your edocs yet? For some reason the order luggage tags button didn't appear for us until the link for the edocs did. This was despite having our express pass available months ago. Prior cruises I believe the link showed up in the time frame mentioned earlier, 30-45 days. We did order tags and they arrived in 3-4 days. But I wouldn't have been at all concerned not having them I think for me it is just part of the pre cruise ritual.

Do you have your edocs yet? For some reason the order luggage tags button didn't appear for us until the link for the edocs did. This was despite having our express pass available months ago. Prior cruises I believe the link showed up in the time frame mentioned earlier, 30-45 days. We did order tags and they arrived in 3-4 days. But I wouldn't have been at all concerned not having them I think for me it is just part of the pre cruise ritual.

We don't have edocs either. All I see is our reservation number saying confirmed. No cabin number, although I already know that, no button anywhere for tags. Someone in IT really needs to bring Azamaras website into the 21st century!

I really don't understand the fuss about getting the luggage tags ahead of time. On the last two cruises we just walked up to the podium and had them put on within a minute and the luggage was whisked away and promptly delivered.

Maybe some cruisers want the airline and the people around their luggage to know that they will be cruising on Azamara. ;)

We don't have edocs either. All I see is our reservation number saying confirmed. No cabin number, although I already know that, no button anywhere for tags. Someone in IT really needs to bring Azamaras website into the 21st century!

If that is the case, it may be nothing to do with the website- you have booked through a travel agent, it is more likely an issue between how they operate and the arrangements they have with Azamara.

Is your problem the same for everyone on your roll call?

I know the website is not great but I have had no issues ever accessing tags or docs except when I booked with one particular UK travel agent

Our B2B cruise starts from Venice on the 5th July, I eventually managed after numerous calls to Guatemala to have our edoc accessible to print for the first half of the B2B, but still waiting for luggage tags. The second half of the B2B (12th July) again no edoc, so yet another call to Guatemala, as we required the Air Arrangements sheet to be able to check in at the airport for the return flight. At the same time I reminded the 'operator' that I was still waiting for luggage tags and was informed that the company that supplied the tags had "ceased trading" and that Azamara would not be able to issue tags in the future:( I know that tags are available at the port, so I'm not too put out but for heavens sake I am just about finished phoning a call centre miles a way only to be fobbed off with 'their answers'. Luckily our future cruises have been booked through a UK TA and they can have the hustle. I'm sorry Azamara but is your call-centre fit for purpose:mad:

If that is the case, it may be nothing to do with the website- you have booked through a travel agent, it is more likely an issue between how they operate and the arrangements they have with Azamara.

Is your problem the same for everyone on your roll call?

I know the website is not great but I have had no issues ever accessing tags or docs except when I booked with one particular UK travel agent

It wouldn't be the "Eskimos house" by any chance?

Our B2B cruise starts from Venice on the 5th July, I eventually managed after numerous calls to Guatemala to have our edoc accessible to print for the first half of the B2B, but still waiting for luggage tags. The second half of the B2B (12th July) again no edoc, so yet another call to Guatemala, as we required the Air Arrangements sheet to be able to check in at the airport for the return flight. At the same time I reminded the 'operator' that I was still waiting for luggage tags and was informed that the company that supplied the tags had "ceased trading" and that Azamara would not be able to issue tags in the future:( I know that tags are available at the port, so I'm not too put out but for heavens sake I am just about finished phoning a call centre miles a way only to be fobbed off with 'their answers'. Luckily our future cruises have been booked through a UK TA and they can have the hustle. I'm sorry Azamara but is your call-centre fit for purpose:mad:

I'm just off the phone speaking to someone in Guatemala, even though I used the UK telephone number Bonnie provided. :( They informed me that the edocs were sent to my husbands email address in May. Then, when I said we had never received any such email, she then said that she's just checked and the email never sent for some reason. :-/ She sent it to me and I got it within a few minutes. Just a fiasco as seems that no one knows for sure what the proper procedure is.

I really don't understand the fuss about getting the luggage tags ahead of time. On the last two cruises we just walked up to the podium and had them put on within a minute and the luggage was whisked away and promptly delivered.

Maybe some cruisers want the airline and the people around their luggage to know that they will be cruising on Azamara. ;)

I had a friend who's case went missing and her name tag had come off but the cruise tag was still intact, therefore it was safely delivered to the ship a couple of hours later. Belts and braces, as I certainly don't need people to know I'm on an Azamara cruise.

Really?? Why would people want the airline and others to know that?? Is it that big a deal sailing on Azamara - I don't think so :D. We never attach our labels until we've already flown anyway and usually borrow a stapler from our pre-cruise hotel to attach the labels as it's one less thing to do at check in.

I think the point is that Azamara make a point of telling you to order your labels, you order them, you get a confirmation that they're on their way and they don't arrive. It's just a waste of effort on everyone's part - let's just not pretend they are available and just pick them up at the port :rolleyes:

Just printed E-Docs and Luggage Tags for our first Azamara cruise on the Journey in August

This is what I did -

Once you have completed all the online check-in

https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/myAccount/onlineDocumentation/home.do?cS=SIDENAV

Enter the information on the link above and submit

select View Details - Online Check-in Summary

The next page should show E-Docs and Luggage Tags

Well it did for me

Cheers - Peter

Just printed E-Docs and Luggage Tags for our first Azamara cruise on the Journey in August

This is what I did -

https://secure.azamaraclubcruises.com/dc/myAccount/onlineDocumentation/home.do?cS=SIDENAV

Well it did for me

Cheers - Peter

Nope doesn't for me :(. Sail in July.

This is what I did -

Well it did for me

Cheers - Peter

Nope!!! Tried and tried but no next page for me! So sailing in 4 weeks have completed on line check in, printed xpress pass with 'diy luggage tag' Do I need anything else. We have transfers included but no hotel pre cruise?

• 6 months later...

Gone are the days when Cruise lines send out paper luggage tags. Everything is done online now you print everything. If you have a TA, they should do it for you. Especially when you are paying $$$$ for a cruise...if you DON'T have a pre-cruise hotel, you need to book it yourself, through the cruise line or your TA...

Edited by dansgirlie