Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

My gut says ES is better because it's better located, is grander, and has a nicer pool area. It will cost you at least $30 more than HP because of the price difference and transportation though.

Thanks, Sharon--I'm leaning that way too. $30 in the grand scheme of things isn't a lot.

I have stayed at both Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place. My vote is Embassy Suites.

Even though Hyatt has a shuttle it takes a long time to pick you up at the airport. I waited an hour one time for it to come so I just took a taxi. Next time I also took a taxi. It cost less than $15 to to either hotel since they are so close to each other.

Embassy has a nicer lobby and pool area.

Edited by nat9511

Great thread - My husband and I will cruising in Feb 2016. I am just watching the threads because I am thinking it might be best to fly in the night before to avoid any possible delays on the day of the cruise. We are cruising in February and never know what the weather may be here in unpredictable Ohio. :rolleyes: Thinking about 6 months from cruise I should start thinking about booking a hotel room. I want be some place close, nice but not too expensive (want to save my money for the ports). Love these threads because they really provide "honest" opinions. :)

Great thread - My husband and I will cruising in Feb 2016. I am just watching the threads because I am thinking it might be best to fly in the night before to avoid any possible delays on the day of the cruise. We are cruising in February and never know what the weather may be here in unpredictable Ohio. :rolleyes: Thinking about 6 months from cruise I should start thinking about booking a hotel room. I want be some place close, nice but not too expensive (want to save my money for the ports). Love these threads because they really provide "honest" opinions. :)

You could book up Hyatt Place on ValueTrips as soon as they post their 2016 rates. They exclude a lot of dates though. For Feb 2015 it's only $182/night.

Also try Holiday Inn Express...the best one is on SE 17th St. If you can get a good rate, Embassy Suites and Renaissance are also nice.

Hello Again, Royalcruz and Other Fort Lauderdale Friends.

We will be down to your beautiful city again in December. As we are flying in late afternoon, we might not rent a car this time and stay close to the airport. Although we have traveled to and from the airport many times, we have never paid attention to the area close to the airport. Any word on the new Residence Inn near the corner of Griffin and Anglers Avenue. Is this area okay. I see that Rustic Inn and the Islamorada Fish Company (in the Bass Pro Shop) are both about a half mile away for dinner options. Neighborhood walk to these places okay?

Appreciate any info.

Thanks, Paul

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Is Hyatt Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel the same thing as Hyatt Place? Any word on how good their Trio Suites are? There will be 4 or 5 of us staying in the room for the night and their 2 bedroom suite with a pull out couch seemed like a good deal at $339.00 (We'll be going just before Christmas)

Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Again, Royalcruz and Other Fort Lauderdale Friends.

We will be down to your beautiful city again in December. As we are flying in late afternoon, we might not rent a car this time and stay close to the airport. Although we have traveled to and from the airport many times, we have never paid attention to the area close to the airport. Any word on the new Residence Inn near the corner of Griffin and Anglers Avenue. Is this area okay. I see that Rustic Inn and the Islamorada Fish Company (in the Bass Pro Shop) are both about a half mile away for dinner options. Neighborhood walk to these places okay?

Appreciate any info.

Thanks, Paul

I would feel comfortable walking in that neighborhood. Rustic Inn is more interesting than Islamorada Fish, which has the ambiance of a chain restaurant.

Is Hyatt Fort Lauderdale Airport Hotel the same thing as Hyatt Place? Any word on how good their Trio Suites are? There will be 4 or 5 of us staying in the room for the night and their 2 bedroom suite with a pull out couch seemed like a good deal at $339.00 (We'll be going just before Christmas)

Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

There is no "hyatt fort lauderdale airport hotel" that I know of. "Hyatt House Ft Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port" in Dania Beach south of the airport has Trio Suites, so that's probably it. Search that name on tripadvisor.

Hi were staying at the gallery one doubleheader for a few nights before our Cruise, we would like to buy Bacardi white rum, to have in our Hotel room, we are new to the area and to the USA, what is the nearest shops to buy this please

Hi were staying at the gallery one doubleheader for a few nights before our Cruise, we would like to buy Bacardi white rum, to have in our Hotel room, we are new to the area and to the USA, what is the nearest shops to buy this please

The Hut is just across Sunrise Blvd on a side street called Seminole Dr.

I would feel comfortable walking in that neighborhood. Rustic Inn is more interesting than Islamorada Fish, which has the ambiance of a chain restaurant.

As Always: Thanks, Royalcruz.

I appreciate the info. We will also try Rustic Inn over the Fish Company.

Thanks again, Paul

We are cruising over Spring Break so air and hotel costs are higher than usual. We are thinking of driving to Ft. Lauderdale from Chicago and staying farther away from port to save money. Does anyone have any experience with Park N Go or Premier Parking near the port?Cost would be $50-75 dollars for the week. Any recommendations for hotels 30 minutes from port?

We are cruising over Spring Break so air and hotel costs are higher than usual. We are thinking of driving to Ft. Lauderdale from Chicago and staying farther away from port to save money. Does anyone have any experience with Park N Go or Premier Parking near the port?Cost would be $50-75 dollars for the week. Any recommendations for hotels 30 minutes from port?

We did Park N Go last month. You get the best price by booking online. They had very good service. When we finished the cruise we did have to wait in line for their shuttle about 15 minutes but the shuttles kept coming as we waited, so they must have a bunch. The only thing is that the cars seemed to really be packed into their lot, and it was off-season, so I don't know how they cope in the winter/spring.

Look for hotels in Boca Raton. It's a very nice neighborhood about 40 minutes north of the port, and there are a bunch of hotels off of I95.

Has anyone ever done Saturday brunch at Big City Tavern? I will be at the Riverside and understand it is directly across the street.

It is directly across the street. I haven't been there for brunch but it's good for lunch and dinner, so I'm sure it would be a good choice. American Social a couple of blocks east at 8th Ave and Las Olas is also known for brunch.

Thanks Royalcruz. I was looking at Plantation or Sunrise also. Maybe a little cheaper but not as nice an area. We are getting in around dinner time the night before so just need somewhere to eat and sleep. Nothing fancy but not low end. Thoughts?

Plantation and Sunrise are fine. There are a bunch of restaurants on University Drive and at Sawgrass Mills area. The only thing is that these hotels are out of the way, as they are about 20-30 minutes west of I95. There are also hotels in north Fort Lauderdale close to I-95/Cypress Creek Rd., which is more convenient if you are driving from up north: Sheraton Suites, Marriott North FL, Westin North FL, Hampton Inn Cypress Creek, LaQuinta Cypress Creek