Mariner of the Seas to Miami

cj7763

What do we think the potential Itinerary for the Mariner will be when she repositions to Miami. I really hard to tell with 7 ships already doing the 7 run out of South Florida, Adventure doing the 6/8, Enchantment doing the 3/4, Serenade doing 10/11/12, Navigator doing the 5/9, Independence doing the 4/5 and who know what the Empress is going to do. I'm really excited to see what Royal is going to do next.

What do we think the potential Itinerary for the Mariner will be when she repositions to Miami. I really hard to tell with 7 ships already doing the 7 run out of South Florida, Adventure doing the 6/8, Enchantment doing the 3/4, Serenade doing 10/11/12, Navigator doing the 5/9, Independence doing the 4/5 and who know what the Empress is going to do. I'm really excited to see what Royal is going to do next.

If they want to use new terminal it probably has to do 3/4 and leave Monday and Friday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I wonder when she will arrive in Miami. Based on the "Global Odyssey" sailings being Singapore to Dubai; Dubai to Barcelona; and Barcelona to Miami, I wonder if she would spend the summer in Barcelona before heading to Miami.

Will be interesting to see this play out. If they have her doing the 3/4 runs, that would be a dream come true. They may be being pushed in that direction with Carnival having Conquest and Victory class ships doing that run instead of just the Fantasy class like before.

I wonder what they'll do with the Enchantment, which does that now. Maybe move it back to PC, and resell the Majesty? I was on the Mariner on its 3rd sailing out of Miami when it was new. One of my favorite cruises.

I wonder what they'll do with the Enchantment, which does that now. Maybe move it back to PC, and resell the Majesty? I was on the Mariner on its 3rd sailing out of Miami when it was new. One of my favorite cruises.

Mariner never sailed from Miami. Voyager, Explorer, and Navigator began in Miami but Mariner sailed from Port Canaveral.

I also think it would be great if they put the Mariner on the 3\4 however it seems risky trying to ensue your going to fill the ship with 3200 to 3400 passengers twice a week but I'm sure they will make it happen. With that being said, they definitely would be leading in the 3/4 market. I feel they would need to use the new terminal A seeing the locals in the three day sailing tend to arrive late in masses. I don't think the current terminal G can handle the volume for the ship to leave on time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cj7763

I know I'm biased but I wish there weren't so many ships going to Miami. I'm in Daytona Beach so I still drive there but the traffic, parking and hotel is expensive and a pain. If they offered different destinations that would be better but it seems for the most part to be the same stops they had leaving from Port Canaveral or Port Everglades.

I know I'm biased but I wish there weren't so many ships going to Miami. I'm in Daytona Beach so I still drive there but the traffic, parking and hotel is expensive and a pain. If they offered different destinations that would be better but it seems for the most part to be the same stops they had leaving from Port Canaveral or Port Everglades.

Royal must have made some kind of good deal with the Port of Miami, because they went from having only one ship based there (Majesty then Enchantment) to several.

I also think it would be great if they put the Mariner on the 3\4 however it seems risky trying to ensue your going to fill the ship with 3200 to 3400 passengers twice a week but I'm sure they will make it happen. With that being said, they definitely would be leading in the 3/4 market. I feel they would need to use the new terminal A seeing the locals in the three day sailing tend to arrive late in masses. I don't think the current terminal G can handle the volume for the ship to leave on time!

I think they could do it, there were many years when Explorer and Navigator would both leave from terminals G & F on Saturdays.

That said, of course I'm sure they would much prefer to utilize the new terminal when complete.

Yeah, it is disappointing since Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale are so much easier, but if Mariner does in fact take the 3/4 runs from Miami, I'll just be thrilled to have a good ship doing the short trips.

I think they could do it, there were many years when Explorer and Navigator would both leave from terminals G & F on Saturdays.

That said, of course I'm sure they would much prefer to utilize the new terminal when complete.

I'm not doubting that it can't be done seeing how the Navigator is currently sailing from G. My view point is that I'm the longer cruise that the voyager class typically does for the US, passengers tend to arrive earlier so the have more time to process the passengers and get the ship sailing in time. However, with shorter cruises (especially the 3 day leaving on Friday's) tend to be locals who tend to arrive around 2pm which makes it which would typically delay a ship oh her size.

Instead of selling the Majesty, keep her on the 3/4 and move the Enchantment to PC as well doing a 4/5 or keep the Enchantment in Miami doing the 4/5 seeing how we currently don't have a year round 4/5 out of South Florida pending on what's planned for the Empress

I may be the only one but sad Mariner is going to be turned into a 3-4 night party boat...she would be great doing nice 12 nighter's and hitting a better variety of southern caribbean ports...RCI needs to shake up the caribbean.

I may be the only one but sad Mariner is going to be turned into a 3-4 night party boat...she would be great doing nice 12 nighter's and hitting a better variety of southern caribbean ports...RCI needs to shake up the caribbean.

I would be sad too :(

I would be surprised if Mariner started doing 3/4 night cruises as soon as she returns to Miami. I would expect Majesty and/or the Vision class ships to be doing those.

I would be surprised if Mariner started doing 3/4 night cruises as soon as she returns to Miami. I would expect Majesty and/or the Vision class ships to be doing those.

I'm not saying the "minute" she returns...but many above are posting this will be her future :eek:

It would be sad, but also an opportunity to blow that market out of the water, and the Voyager-class ships definitely have some mileage on them now.

Just speculating, like everybody else at this point, but I can't reasonably see the Royal Caribbean brand doing anything like 12 nighters anywhere except out of the Northeast. Sailings like those naturally attract an older/more experienced cruising crowd, less onboard spending, gambling, etc. Based on the earnings calls, that's the opposite direction they are aiming for in attracting first time cruisers and families.