Is there a way to tell what wall the headboard will be on?

MiffyLynx

This may sound silly, but I prefer to walk in the cabin with the headboard on the left wall.

Is there any way to tell which ones are like this?

I will be in my first cove balcony on the Breeze, if that matters

I don't think there's any way to tell. We've been in three cabins and its been left twice and right once, all were starboard on the Pride. I assume they alternate, with headboards on walls back to back, so if you can find a photo of a room near yours, you might be able to figure out which one yours will be by alternating them down the hall.

On the ship I have noticed that between the rooms is a door to a chase

where all the plumbing is. If you notice wherever that door is the bathrooms

are on each side of the chase for the pipework. Every balcony I have been

in the beds are on the side where the bathrooms are. So if you know what

side of the door the chase is that is the side the headboard is. I am not

sure you can know unless you have been on the ship before. Hope this helps.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Actually, if you have a balcony room and your balcony is listed as connecting with another balcony, the balcony doors will be farther apart and the headboards in the two cabins will be back to back. That is one way to tell.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think they may alternate by cabin.

We have cruised with our friends for the past 3 years, and had cabins next door to each other.

Ours was always on the left and theirs on the right.

Maybe every other cabin alternates?:confused::confused:

Never have figured this out seems to be random but wondering why this is important to you.

I sleep on the right side of the bed and cannot sleep next to the window. It's just an OCD thing I guess

Edited by MiffyLynx
Blonde moment

I sleep on the right side of the bed and cannot sleep next to the window. It's just an OCD thing I guess

...Just thinkin' out loud. If you walk into the cabin, and the headboard is on the "wrong" side, couldn't you just put the pillows at the foot of the bed and sleep that way? Viola!

You could always try looking up pictures of certain cabins on the cruiselinerooms website.

If it is really important for you to know, send an email to the hotel director on the ship. On the Miracle, the hotel director email is mihotel@carnival.com so I'm sure it's similar :). Best of luck!

I think they may alternate by cabin.

We have cruised with our friends for the past 3 years, and had cabins next door to each other.

Ours was always on the left and theirs on the right.

Maybe every other cabin alternates?:confused::confused:

It does. Depends on where the bathroom is.

What cabin are you in?

There aren't too many coves and they are quite popular among CC posters. There's a good chance someone here has stayed in it and can give you an exact answer. Or try looking up the number on Google or You Tube.

Look at which way the door swings. If it swings to the left, then the bathroom is on the right and the bed is against the wall on the right. Reverse for door swinging left. BUT, the deck plans do not really show that. It is only obvious when you are in the hallway outside the room, or it someone who has stayed in a specific room can tell you.

not silly at all. my husband has one hand,so needs(prefers) to have headboard on right on entering. someone reminded me on cc that plumbing is together for every two rooms. look at deck plans,starting from end. imagine,plumbing to inside to attach to next cabin..then go down deck to your cabin by twos. no flames please.probably not clear but trying to help/..... [,,,,,br/br....][....br/br....[cabin.br/br.cabin] bath usually opposite headboard.

This may sound silly, but I prefer to walk in the cabin with the headboard on the left wall.

Is there any way to tell which ones are like this?

I will be in my first cove balcony on the Breeze, if that matters

What cabin # are you talking about ?

When I sail solo, I usually book a 1A cabin on the Upper, Empress or Verandah level (6393, 7345, 8357). I sailed the Valor a bit and in these cabins, the head would be facing the bow and the foot facing the stern, in line with the ship's direction.

I found out that on 3 other Conquest class ships the bed is perpendicular to the travel direction, just like the rest of the interior cabins. This was after posting several times on CC about 1A beds being all in line the ship's direction, my oops!

Hahaha! You and me both! I was wondering the same thing about my upcoming cruise. I want to sleep on the side of the bed that (when I lay on my right side) faces away from the rest of the bed but prefer to face the window.

I am OCD too! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Lisichka