What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

AHHHHHHHH

I had a dream the other night I got a balcony for 500$. Today I did the math and for us to pay outright for a balcony it would be 1224.84. So I today I moved my bid to 250$ a person. I JUST GOT AN EMAIL! I will be in a balcony for my honey moon!!!!

Im on the dawn out of boston May 12th. 16 days to go!

AHHHHHHHH

I had a dream the other night I got a balcony for 500$. Today I did the math and for us to pay outright for a balcony it would be 1224.84. So I today I moved my bid to 250$ a person. I JUST GOT AN EMAIL! I will be in a balcony for my honey moon!!!!

Im on the dawn out of boston May 12th. 16 days to go!

That's great, you got your email earlier then most people. They must have know it was for your honey moon:)

I wasn't smart enough to mark it on the reservation lol. But maybe it's just my good karma lol. We are on deck 10. Our old inside was 5667 and I was worried it would be noisy. I've never been in anything but an inside so I'm super excited. And I'm surprised it came this soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just went to do my daily check on my upgrade bids and all the offers on the sign on screen and even the message in my message center is gone. Does this mean they took all the bids they are allowing? Or maybe it's a system glitch? We are 73 days out.

I was able to access my bids through the confirmation email I received after placing them, but besides that, it's like it never was offered. :confused:(They still say pending btw)

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this. This upgrade system is driving me crazy!

Can someone please let me know if this is doable?

We are booked on the Escape for this August, we are in a B1 aft balcony 9320. I understand we can bid only two categories up, so we want to try and bid on the Haven H5, however the category just above the B1 is the spa balcony and then the Mini. It seems like we wouldn't be able to, but this is all new to me.

Thanks for any help!

We are booked on the Escape for this August, we are in a B1 aft balcony 9320. I understand we can bid only two categories up, so we want to try and bid on the Haven H5, however the category just above the B1 is the spa balcony and then the Mini. It seems like we wouldn't be able to, but this is all new to me.

Thanks for any help!

Hi! I'm a B1 (same cabin this weekend, in fact!) - and all of the Haven types were presented to me as a possibility to bid on. I've only put a bid on for the aft suite, though, because I really want to keep my aft balcony. :)

Thanks for any help!

Wait for the email-its all self explanatory. All the levels will be listed.

Hi! I'm a B1 (same cabin this weekend, in fact!) - and all of the Haven types were presented to me as a possibility to bid on. I've only put a bid on for the aft suite, though, because I really want to keep my aft balcony. :)

Thank you for the info!

Spa is just considered a type of balcony, not a category. So, two categories up from balcony are mini suite and haven.

Thanks for any help!

Quick followup since 4/20 post - sailing in 2 days on the GEM, we have 3 different staterooms bidding, as of 2 days ago - 2 out of 3 bids accepted and upgraded ... both OV - same offer made @$125 p/p for Balcony expired (that's between Poor & Fair.) Been too busy to keep track of our friend's bid & whether he scored or not ... aware of these, the couple is okay with their Inside but do wish for the Balcony. Others on the Roll Call including last-month booked solo traveler(s) had not reported back - at least one bid for OV was accepted last week (this might help some of you following) ... one bid for a Suite from BX went thru several days ago also, to a 2 BR - so they are happy.

Sailing apparently is sold out as of this morning and no longer listed on NCL ... musical staterooms is being played out, prices for new booking dipped to its lowest point last week & bounced up since, but it's mostly GTY. Good luck !

Has anyone bid on multiple room types? If so, any thoughts on if this helped or hurt your chance at winning the room you really wanted?

I've put bids in on H2, H4, H5 and H9. Clearly, we'd prefer the H2 or H4, but if our bid wasn't high enough, we'd be happy with either of the other two. My husband got motion sickness when facing backwards on a recent train trip, so we decided not to bid on the aft-facing cabins.

Has anyone bid on multiple room types? If so, any thoughts on if this helped or hurt your chance at winning the room you really wanted?

I've put bids in on H2, H4, H5 and H9. Clearly, we'd prefer the H2 or H4, but if our bid wasn't high enough, we'd be happy with either of the other two. My husband got motion sickness when facing backwards on a recent train trip, so we decided not to bid on the aft-facing cabins.

If you are bidding on Epic H2 be aware some of those are also aft facing although at the front of the ship - they look to the back of the ship overlooking the pool.

If you are bidding on Epic H2 be aware some of those are also aft facing although at the front of the ship - they look to the back of the ship overlooking the pool.

Great point! I think he's a little more willing to risk for an H2 upgrade. How wonderful would it be to have all that extra space!? Personally, I'm in love with the Haven Spa Suite. We would have upgraded outright, but all Haven suites appear as "sold out." This cruise falls at the tail end of our European honeymoon, so an upgrade would be an amazing addition to an incredible week. Fingers crossed!

But, at the end of the day, we are very happy in our mini-suite. We booked early, so we have a great location mid-ship.

Just got my rejection email. I'd bid $1250pp for an H6. We already have a B1, so I didn't bid on any other Haven since we wanted the aft. I should add that we sail Getaway this Sunday.

Edited by tabgc
addition

Watch out - it is nearly impossible to go back and cruise with the masses after being in the haven!! ;)

OMG I totally agree. This is my first cruise since having my children. Our last cruise (before we had children) we were up graded three days before the cruise on the pearl. I told my husband I can never cruise like a normal person again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got my rejection email. I'd bid $1250pp for an H6. We already have a B1, so I didn't bid on any other Haven since we wanted the aft. I should add that we sail Getaway this Sunday.

Sorry you didn't get it.

This is good info though. We are in a B1 and when the time comes if we get the offer to upgrade, we want to bid on an H6, however I really don't think we would get it either because we wouldn't go higher than what you bid.

We just saw that the status of one of our upgrade bids for the Star, 05/07 sailing changed to processing. We had bids for 3 cabin types. We were in a bc balcony 9202 and bid $75 on a mini suiute, bid $530 pp. for an aft penthouse Suite and $540 on a penthouse suite. The aft penthouse suite shows as pending. Minimum bid for both suites was $500 pp., so we were in the poor range and are surprised it was accepted.

Is it correct if you bid and change to a Haven cabin/suite you lose your current perks and don't receive the perks that typically come with a Haven cabin (which is everything that is offered), or any for that matter?

We're in a balcony on a future cruise, and are getting UBP and free daily service charge. IF we receive the invitation, and IF it was accepted, does that mean we would no longer get UBP and need to pay the daily service charge (at the higher Haven rate)? ... even though a person booking a Haven cabin/suite on the website would get every perk offered on that day ( no matter how close to sailing).

Would REALLY like to hear from one of you who have sailed in a Haven cabin/suite after changing through the bid process, if possible, rather than just a reference to the fine print. We all know what happens in real life on ship can be different that what "it" (whatever "it"is) says.

No, we were successfully upgraded from a balcony cabin on Breakaway to a 2 BR Haven cabin, and had already booked the UBP and paid the lower service charge. We did not need to pay any higher service charges, but we also could not take advantage of receiving all 5 perks, had we originally booked the Haven 2BR. THAT'S where you lose the most. WELL worth the attempt at an upgrade!

We are split between two cabins. Can I bit for a two bedroom suite, which would fit all of us? Or would those in the second cabin have to stay where they are? Hope this makes sense. In other words can you trade in two cabins for one?