Earliest Getaway Disembark Time

Shayhooper

Highly unlikely. Our last Getaway trip started walk off and priority disembarkation at 7:30.

So much depends on customs, weather, crowds, etc.

I feel for you with the the prices- that is a long, expensive flight.

Good luck [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would agree. I usually will try to book my air at 12p or later so as not to chance missing my flight. Most ships don't dock till 7a and don't start debarking till about 7:30-8a, with clearing customs the earliest you would get out of port would be about 8-8:30a. Then you have to get to the airport which is 20-30mins, maybe longer if you are waiting on a shuttle to fill. Most likely getting to the airport prior to 8:45-9a would be unlikely. I would shoot for a later flight since it would be hugely unlikely for you to get there early enough.

On top of it if the ship runs into Cubans trying to get here in rafts like I have run into on 3 of my 9 ships, it can delay getting into port by 1-2hrs. My next cruise I booked a return flight at 6p due to price. Hoping I can get in standby on an earlier flight but not sure it will happen, if not I get plenty of time to read and relax before coming home.

Another thing is airlines KNOW when the ships dock and anticipate the flights that cruises will be able to book, hence the higher prices for premium flight times(mid day) and lower morning and night flights. They do it on purpose at port airports

We are booked on the Getaway in Feb and are looking for our flights to PDX. The most reasonably priced ones leave at 9 AM.

Is it possible to get off the ship and to the Airport by 7:30?

Short answer is no, and getting to MIA 90 minutes prior to departure is probably 30 minutes too late. Disembarkation usually begins around 7:45 and sometimes not until a bit afterwards. Allow 30 minutes to get off the ship and 20 minutes to get to teh airport after you clear customs.

Edited by zqvol

Walk off will start around 7:30. You need to carry all of your own bags. It will take about 30 to get down the gangway, through the baggage hall, and thorough customs. Need to line up early since there are 4000+ passengers trying to get off the ship. Lots of cans on the curb waiting. Flat rate to the airport.

20 mins into the airport.

I have made 10 am flights with first class check in at the airport and pre-check through TSA.

9:30 everything would have to go perfectly. Which it never does.

Ok, so on the flipside of that, our flight isn't until 2:30P. How long can we linger over breakfast and what about bags. I understand (I think) that you have to vacate the cabin by 8:00 or so, right?

You can linger until they run you off the ship around 9:30 - 10:00.

You can linger until they run you off the ship around 9:30 - 10:00.

But not linger in your cabin. You need to be out of there at the time you have set to depart or the cabin stewards start to make their presence known. I discovered that when we hung around the breakfast buffet too long. I'm not criticizing them. They are in a bit of a scramble to get the cabins ready for the next sailing.