Do you know anything about "uncurly" product?

roysue

I am one of those girls with horrible cruise hair. I was wearing it short and letting it do it's thing. I have recently grown it out and on my last cruise my hair set a new record for horrible.

I was researching keratin treatments, Brazilian blowout and others, when I came across a product called "uncurly". It is a do-it-at-home product for getting rid of excess curl and frizz.

Have any of you heard of it? Used it? Know anything about this one?

I find reading the reviews of all products is extremely helpful. Either look on the product's home page or look for it on Amazon. They're very honest and have talked me out of buying something many times.

Good luck! I also get terrible frizzy hair on cruises from the humidity. Haven't solved that problem yet.

I remember something similar-sounding my older sister used in the late 60s, called UNCURL. It was horrible. (I think they even had a commercial featuring the Girl from U.N.C.U.R.L (some of you may know what that is ...!)

I have very thick curly hair that does get frizzy with humidity. It's gotten curlier as I've gotten older. Whoa, it's really curly now! ;)

After I had my third child, I decided to just Embrace the Curl ... it's much easier and less time-consuming than trying to fight it! I just use a light mousse, finger curl, and go ...

I used to frizz up multiple times on cruises and then discovered that two things in combination worked:

John Frieda Hot Air Brush

Loreal anit frizz, heavy duty product. Can't remember the exact name. I am amazed how my hair stays straight now.

Thanks to all who shared their thoughts. Although I found a ton of positive reviews about the product, I was very worried about having to flat iron over the product using 425 degrees. I have thin, fine hair and even inf the product is great, I don't want to melt what hair I have!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to all who shared their thoughts. Although I found a ton of positive reviews about the product, I was very worried about having to flat iron over the product using 425 degrees. I have thin, fine hair and even inf the product is great, I don't want to melt what hair I have!

Thanks!

I totally agree. I need to keep what little hair I have left...LOL!

I have medium length curly hair. I just brush it back into a ponytail then twist it and clip it with a small banana-type clip (I have casual ones and ones with rhinestones or crystals for evening time). It looks like a french twist but I leave the ends sticking up at the top and it's all curly so it looks pretty nice. I also leave a few long, loose curls along the hair lines...front and back. It's easy and the DH loves it like that. During the day...I'm a straw hat gal!

I also use organix. The kuku oil or the awaphi (?) ginger seem to work best for me on humidity. I also only shampoo my hair maybe once a week and just condition every time I shower using more conditioner then I would if I shampooed. Doing this has really cut done and pretty much eliminated any dandruff issues I used to have and also any frizz which helps a lot since Cincinnati we get tons of humidity and my hair is wavy/straight.

I also use frizz ease and balanced guru style me organic hair oil. The hair oil I only use when my hair is dry and only a small small amount mostly just from the ends of my hair avoiding the root area.

Edited by Rainbowfalls

• 4 months later...

I have very thick, wavy+curly frizzy hair. Speaking of it pre-keratin, it was always the kind that looked terrible air-dried and wasn't much better blow-dried because it took close to an hour to beat it into shape and minutes later the smallest bit of humidity even just in my own house would make it recurl and puff up. I'm not mental but my biggest insecurity all my life was my hair, which looked horrible all my life. Not like most of you, I'm guessing -- just really, really bad hair.

Fast forward to seven years ago, had a brazilian blowout, completely life-changing, my hair looked great, no frizz, I could do a professional looking blow dry, like I died and went to hair heaven BUT it was $450 every 3-4 months. Somehow I found out about Uncurly and I can't say enough about it because it's a better treatment than my brazilian blowout, better frizz control and easier straightening (I don't like it stick straight but I want it smooth). I probably spend about $80 a year on Uncurly compared to $2000 a year on Brazilian Blowout counting a $50 tip each time. So, that's my biggest reason right there.

It's not true that you need to apply it at 450 degrees. I use 375, works fine. For all you who said embrace your curl, I guarantee you wouldn't say that if you had my hair. Uncurly is the best by far of all the DIY keratins I've tried. My hair laughed at Organix -- same amount of work, NO results.

I remember something similar-sounding my older sister used in the late 60s, called UNCURL. It was horrible. (I think they even had a commercial featuring the Girl from U.N.C.U.R.L (some of you may know what that is ...!)

I have very thick curly hair that does get frizzy with humidity. It's gotten curlier as I've gotten older. Whoa, it's really curly now! ;)

After I had my third child, I decided to just Embrace the Curl ... it's much easier and less time-consuming than trying to fight it! I just use a light mousse, finger curl, and go ...

OMG I remember this product!! LOL!

• 4 weeks later...
I just purchased Uncurly and am applying it this weekend. I have really tight 4a/3c curls with a halo of frizz the minute my hair starts to dry. Ill let you know how it goes for me though!

Can you update us? I have a similar hair type and I'm looking for something to lengthen/soften my curls. Can you use it with color or henna on the hair? I have both. [emoji4]

I can tell you what my experience was. I used to alternate henna and color, now I just color, and the instructions say you can use both but when possible, use them first because uncurly on top will help them last longer.

I'm a mix of 3a/3b. Curl-wise, I found that when I first washed it out it might have air dried a pinch looser than I'd expected, but I liked it. After 1 or 2 more shampoos, it hit the perfect point and stayed there for a long time. I go back and forth between blow drying it smoother and air drying it curlier and they both look very good. Not having it frizz makes a huge difference where I live (FL).

Can you update us? I have a similar hair type and I'm looking for something to lengthen/soften my curls. Can you use it with color or henna on the hair? I have both. [emoji4]

So I did the treatment this past Friday and colored my hair the Friday before. I've done a BKT in the past and dyed my hair the day before with no no problems. I don't know why but this time while I was straightening the keratin into my hair, the color burned off from a black purple to a brown violet. Still a nice color but I wanted black. My hair straightened really nicely and it feels amazingly soft. But I haven't washed out the keratin yet. It's finals week so I like not having to do much to my hair. But I do miss my curls :(

I'll re update after I wash out my hair cuz I'll be going out for my bday for the whole weekend and there is plenty of opportunity for frizz so hopefully it pulls through :)