Cruise Critic Live Chat with Arnold Donald - March 4

• Members

We're very pleased to announce that Arnold Donald, president of Carnival Corp., will be joining for a chat at 1 p.m. (eastern) March 4. You won't want to miss this chance to talk to the man who oversees all 9 of the company's cruise lines.

Can't make it? Leave a question below and we'll try to get it answered!

Booked my 52nd cruise yesterday, so next month's cruise is not my first rodeo. Why has the food on PCL gotten so bad in the MDR? Sailed on the Emerald Princess 11-30-14, and had to apologize to my friend on how bad the food was, plus the unhappy seeming and at times down right rude the employees were. BTW: never our servers in restaurants nor OUR cabin steward.

Why does ATD take so long on Carnival cruises?

Why is the American table not on all Carnival ships?

Are there any plans to have ships that have single cabins that are not the cost of doubles? If so, what line will they be?

Hello Mr. Donald

I live in the state of Georgia and would like to know when the river in Savannah ,Ga is widened will Carnival or any other cruise line that you are CEO of make Savannah a port of call?

Great question!! im in Augusta and love Sav. im always there!

Is there any way a non wine drinker can bring a 22 oz bottle of craft beer instead of the wine? as i have a few bottles of limited run stouts that im saving for a special occassion and im not getting married or having any kids so wanted to enjoy it on one Carnival fun ships.

thanks

Will Carnival port a new ship year round in NY eventually to compete with NCL in NY and RCCL in Bayonne?

Carnival Cruises is the only company that charges single cruisers a double deposit at the time of booking. It is bad enough having to pay a double fare. Having to pay double deposit at booking time I think is excessive. Can you please go back to a single deposit?

Thank you Mr Donald in advance for coming online for a chat.

Mr. Donald:

Please get us another Carnival ship in Mobile, Alabama. Our beautiful cruise terminal and parking garage just sits empty, (with the exception of an occasional wedding reception) since Carnival left a few years ago.

There are many, many people in Mobile who want another ship here.

We are platinum with Carnival and love the Carnival ships.

Thank you very, very much for anything you do to help us. :)

Hello Mr.Donald,

I don't want to have to keep waiting for a Carnival ship to either be built or re- fitted in Europe before I can sail with Carnival.

Why not leave a ship - any Carnival ship in Europe.

The airfare alone for one person from London to America or the Caribbean to cruise with Carnival, is the same as 3 people cruising from a port in America.

Just as the Disney Parks are situated at strategic points around the globe,surely Carnival can do the same?

Hoping!

I absolutely love cruising with Carnival. i have been on 26 cruises and am planning my next. Over the years, I have seen changes .. some are very good... some not so much. Sometimes its just the little things that can make a cruise feel special... so first... a question that may seem silly to some... one of the things i always enjoyed and made that first day feel special.. you know.. the "i am on a cruise, this is so exciting," feeling. It is about the no longer using the carnival hurricane glasses... the ones that say " the best day ever!" etc... I know lots of people love those.. it was just a little special added touch that was a great start to the first day of the cruise...

Also, dinner used to be not just let's go eat... it was an experience... something i always looked forward to... a big part of my cruise enjoyment.. there certainly is plenty to eat.. i never go hungry... but I miss those kind of meals and presentation that used to make it so much different than feeling like you are just going to a restaurant at home... It was so nice when the waiters actually had a few moments to have a conversation... to get to know them a bit...I miss that. I would love to see the "rum swizzle party" on embarkation day come back... just another nice added touch.

i would also like to see the Captains party go back to the show lounge..

All that being said... thank you for everything you will be doing for Carnival!

Edited by cruzn buckeye

I was very upset when I learned you can't even vape in your balcony cabin. On learning that, I downgraded to.an inside cabin. That was the main reason for booking the balcony cabin in the first place. Will they ever allow vaping in these areas? I hope so.Certainly it would keep people spending the extra cost for this privilege.

Will Carnival ever have a ship in Hawaii? That way we could fly to Hawaii and do a seven day cruise around the various Islands of Hawaii?

Yes being able to vape or use the e-cig. is very important to my husband. I have been able to cruise happily for some time because he has been able to smoke on the balcony. I'm afraid the next cruise may be our last because there is not as many places for him to smoke on the ship. Help a gal out please.

When if ever will the MDR menu change? We have cruised for many years with CCL and in the beginning looked so forward to our evening dinning experience. After 20+ cruises, one already this year and 3 more already booked for 2015, we've tasted it all. It just seems like dinner now is the same ole, same ole. Quit boring, the service is great as always but great service can't change the boring menu choices. FYI LOVE THE NO SMOKING CIGARETTES, E-CIG AND THE VAPING!!!