Kinda "Live From" - CSI: NA (Nieuw Amsterdam, 11/16-11/23/2014

POA1

08-2014-11-23-FLL.jpg

On this day in history 125 years ago --*The first jukebox makes its debut in San Francisco's Palais Royale Saloon in 1889. With the Adagio Strings Quartet being replaced with the Adagio Trio and then the Adagio Duo, bettors begin taking action on how long it will be until the Adagio Jukebox makes its debut.

We pulled alongside at around 6:40 this morning. We've just had our last room service breakfast for a week or so. (I offered to take Huskerchick a protein bar and leave it on the nightstand by her side of the bed tomorrow.)

It's 77 degrees (25C) and partly sunny in Fort Lauderdale. We're in luggage group Blue 3, so we'll be hanging out for a little bit, waiting for our number to be called.

All in all, a great "orientation cruise" to prepare us for our B2B starting next Sunday. I still have to scan the cruise statistics and post them. That will likely come this evening. We will also collect and report on our overall impressions of the ship, staff, food, and entertainment. We should have more to offer on the ports during our B2B.

As we embark on our journey of many thousands of feet (half a decakilometer**) home, thanks for reading along. We'll see you again in a week. (New Bat Thread, Same Bat Channel.)

**Even though a decakilometer sounds like it should be about 10K, it's unclear if that's a real unit of measure, even in Saskatoon.

Still laughing :)

Just finished doing your roll call's Bon Voyage for next week! I have a suspicion you are all going to have a lot of fun!

Oh, pooh! (See what I did there?) We have to wait a week for more? Maybe you could keep us informed about a Pretend Cruise during the interim? After all, many of us take those regularly, and there are things we should know before we don't actually go...

Oh, pooh! (See what I did there?) We have to wait a week for more? Maybe you could keep us informed about a Pretend Cruise during the interim? After all, many of us take those regularly, and there are things we should know before we don't actually go...

Very funny. :D "Live from the Living Room?"

We had requested an 8:30 AM departure. Our tag, Blue 3 was called at almost exactly 8:30. From the time we left the room until the time we got to the taxi cab outside was just about 35 minutes. We were home by 9:20, and were unpacked by 9:45. Only 7 days and 1 hour until we leave again.

The line to customs and immigration moved at a pretty normal pace. We got our bags and were through the line in approximately 20 minutes. There were two agents handling US pax + 1 handicapped line. I'm not sure how many positions were open for non-US passengers. Perhaps Cruz Chic will post that info. I believe she was getting off for a bit.

Is international night always on the last night of the cruise? We have dinner reservations on the last might but I'm sure DH would prefer international night.

Usually, but not always. I have learned that the hard way.

The tendency is that if the last night is a late port night, the International Dinner is held the night before. If the last day was a sea day, or normal/early all-aboard time, International Dinner is the last night.

The line to customs and immigration moved at a pretty normal pace. We got our bags and were through the line in approximately 20 minutes. There were two agents handling US pax + 1 handicapped line. I'm not sure how many positions were open for non-US passengers. Perhaps Cruz Chic will post that info. I believe she was getting off for a bit.

Sorry can't help. I did customs on the ship. Sitting in the terminal using free internet. Too lazy to go into town. If you wanted to leave you had to go at 8:15 and not return until 11:30.

Is international night always on the last night of the cruise? We have dinner reservations on the last might but I'm sure DH would prefer international night.

It has been the last night on our past few cruises. I'll finally get to do the International Dinner in a few weeks. DW consented to go one of the two times on our B2B. There were a number of dishes that looked good to us. Truth be told, we're pretty versatile and can find something we like almost anywhere.

It has been the last night on our past few cruises. I'll finally get to do the International Dinner in a few weeks. DW consented to go one of the two times on our B2B. There were a number of dishes that looked good to us. Truth be told, we're pretty versatile and can find something we like almost anywhere.

I'll be interested to hear. I agree that it sounds good but it gets lost in translation. It's good to try it once. You might enjoy it.

We had requested an 8:30 AM departure. Our tag, Blue 3 was called at almost exactly 8:30. From the time we left the room until the time we got to the taxi cab outside was just about 35 minutes. We were home by 9:20, and were unpacked by 9:45. Only 7 days and 1 hour until we leave again.

Welcome home! Can't wait to read about your next cruise. ;):)

To my Canadian metric conversion friends: My college major was engineering. I've been working in English and metric units for decades. I was just trying to be funny, and apparently failing in a most epic fashion. I figured that it would be obvious when I was mixing in the temperature conversion and the distances... :D

For me you didn't. Loved the nautical meter and the decakilometer as well :D

POA, like many many others a BIG thank you for a fun ride along on the NA!

Glad to read that you survived the many miles, meters or decakilometer and arrived home not too road weary.

I vote for a Kinda "Live From" - CSI: Homedam but only after you've done the laundry ;) and packed for next Sunday's boarding.

I believe that this is the last of the scans for this trip. It's the Cruise Log. If you want to see who all the officers are, or which side of the ship was alongside in each port, this is the document for you.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AFg-E93-ggpKRJCF7zXOyI6StWXRF7KU990/

Please note that the Cruise Director is changing starting with the 7 day Eastern Caribbean that just left today. His name is Jeremy, but I didn't catch the last name when he was introduced.

I have to tell you that it's good to be connected to the high speed fiber Internet connection here at the Institute. I was having a dickens of a time with some of my uploads from my cabin, and I was too lazy to run up to the Explorations Cafe all the time. Tech Tip: The strength of the wireless connection that your device "sees" in your room is not necessarily indicative of the Internet speeds you're going to experience. From our particular cabin, I had an excellent connection to the nearest access point. However, there was quite a bit of latency between where I was and the satellite router. If I moved to Explorations Cafe, the actual speed of the InterWebs was much better, particularly on the uplink side of things. I wish there was a network map of the ship so that we in the geek community would know where to park our sorry butts.

Why did you upack.:D:D

Welcome home!