laundry

twentyatheart

No SELF-SERVICE laundry facilities on any NCL ships !

Option 1 - do your own laundry in cabin (vanity sink in bathroom) and air dry

in cabin over furniture or deck chairs or use the retractable clothes line in the

shower/bath. Another way to dry clothes is use the hair dryer somewhere in the

cabin and use low speed blowing heat carefully.

Option 2 - use the NCL ships laundry for a cost. In one of the closets you will

find a laundry bag and menu of services (Caution extremely high price agenda).

On cruises of some length NCL will offer you a set price of $xx.xx for whatever

you can put in the flimsy paper laundry sack - look for this offer about 3 days

into the cruise in the DAILY Ships News or ask about it with cabin steward.

If you are in suite or platinum the service maybe complimentary.

Option 3 - while in port take clothes to a self-serve laundry outlet - a fine way

to waste valuable shore excursion time.

And Last Option - take dirty clothes home with you at the end of the voyage.

Edited by don't-use-real-name

No SELF-SERVICE laundry facilities on any NCL ships !

Option 1 - do your own laundry in cabin (vanity sink in bathroom) and air dry

in cabin over furniture or deck chairs or use the retractable clothes line in the

shower/bath. Another way to dry clothes is use the hair dryer somewhere in the

cabin and use low speed blowing heat carefully.

Option 2 - use the NCL ships laundry for a cost. In one of the closets you will

find a laundry bag and menu of services (Caution extremely high price agenda).

On cruises of some length NCL will offer you a set price of $xx.xx for whatever

you can put in the flimsy paper laundry sack - look for this offer about 3 days

into the cruise in the DAILY Ships News or ask about it with cabin steward.

If you are in suite or platinum the service maybe complimentary.

Option 3 - while in port take clothes to a self-serve laundry outlet - a fine way

to waste valuable shore excursion time.

And Last Option - take dirty clothes home with you at the end of the voyage.

Usually on a 7 day cruise once during the week the have a "bag special", all you can get in the bag will be washed and folded for $27.99. If you are careful and roll very tight you can get quite a bit in the bag. My husband recently fit two pairs of jeans, 3 pair of shorts, and 4 t-shirts. I am sure I forgot something he was able to stuff in there. We are platinum so his was free but even at $27.99 it's a good deal

Usually on a 7 day cruise once during the week the have a "bag special", all you can get in the bag will be washed and folded for $27.99. If you are careful and roll very tight you can get quite a bit in the bag. My husband recently fit two pairs of jeans, 3 pair of shorts, and 4 t-shirts. I am sure I forgot something he was able to stuff in there. We are platinum so his was free but even at $27.99 it's a good deal

We'll be doing this as well, with underwear, PJ's, teeshirts, & shorts. I don't trust fine washables to the laundry, so I'll wash them by hand in the cabin, or take them home.

As a platinum this will be a perk for us.

I was surprised to find that it cost less to dry clean my suit onboard than it does at home. The a la carte laundry prices are comparable to what I've seen on Marriott's price list. I've always been able to get quite a bit in the bag- remember it doesn't say that the bag has to be able to be closed :).

Edited by sparks1093

We'll be doing this as well, with underwear, PJ's, teeshirts, & shorts. I don't trust fine washables to the laundry, so I'll wash them by hand in the cabin, or take them home.

As a platinum this will be a perk for us.

Agree with this. We used the bag special and now platinum bags for socks, tshirts, DH's shirts and shorts, pants, etc. Mostly I sent socks and tshirts. Everything else I wash in the sink as a lot of ladies' clothes do not do well in the ship's laundry on any ship. We calculate and take home full suitcases of dirty clothes, stopping washing when there are enough to last the rest of a long cruise.

We use our platinum free laundry special. However, I always ask our cabin steward for a second bag and double bag the laundry. The bags really tear easily. Then...my wife can roll clothes so tight and pack that bag soo full, it is amazing how much we get in it. It's heavy to lift. Also, we take a medium size duffel bag with us. I folds down to very small size and is very light and packs in our luggage easily. Then we use it to take home all our remaining dirty clothes at the end of the cruise.

We use our platinum free laundry special. However, I always ask our cabin steward for a second bag and double bag the laundry. The bags really tear easily. Then...my wife can roll clothes so tight and pack that bag soo full, it is amazing how much we get in it. It's heavy to lift. Also, we take a medium size duffel bag with us. I folds down to very small size and is very light and packs in our luggage easily. Then we use it to take home all our remaining dirty clothes at the end of the cruise.

That reminded me that I had to use duct tape for the first time on our last cruise, got a little to aggresive with the bag and tore it.:o

This sounds strange but it has hands-down been the BEST travel tip that I have ever received:

Bring old socks and undies and dump 'em when they are dirty. It's a great way to thin out the dresser drawers at home (you'd be dumping them soon anyway if they are worn out). It frees you up from either washing them or packing them dirty back into your suitcase. And bonus: more room for souvenirs on your way home! :D

One little warning about the NCL laundry service. They attach a little red identifying marker to each piece of laundry and it is almost impossible to get off. I have shirts and socks from our cruise 4 years ago and those little buggers are still on there.

One little warning about the NCL laundry service. They attach a little red identifying marker to each piece of laundry and it is almost impossible to get off. I have shirts and socks from our cruise 4 years ago and those little buggers are still on there.

This is common practice on cruise ships. It isn't only NCL. You're right, they're tough little buggers to remove. You'll forget all about them until they start coming off by themselves, and you feel them scratching your butt...theoretically of course. Nothing like that has ever happened to me:rolleyes: