Portable Fans

psouthcomb

I've looked at previous threads about fans but a lot of them were old. What's your favorite brand of fan to bring? Do you use battery operated or electrical or both? Did you have any problems bringing on board?

Edited by psouthcomb
bold header

O2 Cool is the brand I use. They have them on Amazon and you'll find them in stores by camping stuff. I know Bass pro shops has them. Just don't pack it with the batteries in or have them in backwards so it won't turn on. My fan has gotten turned on in the suitcase and ran the batteries down. I also once forgot to turn it off when I left for the day because they're so quiet. They also have fans that can be both battery operated or plugged in.

Edited by Saint Greg

I can't sleep without my fan noise. The best I've found is on Amazon (Dizaul mini USB rechargeable). Great, compact fan that's perfect for cruising as it takes up very little space but really packs a punch. Can use the rechargeable battery or plug it in with the cord they give you. $14.99 on Amazon. I love it so much I bought a second one for the office.

We sleep with fan noise, and instead of using valuable packing space for a fan, I just contacted the special needs department of Carnival and should have a fan waiting in our room.

Do you have to have a special need for the fan to contact them ahead of time? I looked on the website and don't see how to get a hold of that department. Would I just need to call their main number?

We have been on atleast 15 cruises, a fan goes with me every time! I also found a white noise machine on Amazon that worked good, but when we were traveling in another country forgot to put the converter on and fried it!:eek:

It always surprises me how many people like to sleep with the noise of a fan!

I don't go on any vacation without my fan. We like the noise even if we don't need it for cooling. This is the 8" O2 Cool model I have. Just stuck it in my carry-on.

e6286457-e7a4-415f-9d46-b9fb466de4a3_1.862150983c9ec09a8e3286693c19f929.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

It's an older model, but still going strong. Got it in the camping section at Walmart. Runs on AC power or batteries (D's, I think). I also take a long extension cord (8 ft.). That way I can put the fan right by me in bed.

I/we don't any condition that requires a fan, we just sleep better with one. I found an email for the special needs department, gave them my name, booking info, dates and whatnot and just asked for a fan. I got a response within a few hours that said we would have one when we arrive. We'll see. We leave in 2 weeks.

• 8 months later...
I/we don't any condition that requires a fan, we just sleep better with one. I found an email for the special needs department, gave them my name, booking info, dates and whatnot and just asked for a fan. I got a response within a few hours that said we would have one when we arrive. We'll see. We leave in 2 weeks.

So was the fan in your room waiting on you?

I've taken a small plug-in fan (about 10" in diameter) in my carry-on size piece of luggage on every cruise and have never had a problem. However, we just returned from the Breeze on Sunday. I was talking to a lady Saturday night who said she brought a small electric fan in her large checked piece of luggage, and it was confiscated. However, Carnival gave her another electric fan to use in its place. She was at the guest services desk trying to get her original fan back so she could pack it to go home. Not sure why CCL made her use their fan instead. She said they were very similar and both electric. FWIW.

• 1 month later...
I can't sleep without my fan noise. The best I've found is on Amazon (Dizaul mini USB rechargeable). Great, compact fan that's perfect for cruising as it takes up very little space but really packs a punch. Can use the rechargeable battery or plug it in with the cord they give you. $14.99 on Amazon. I love it so much I bought a second one for the office.

Just ordered it. Can't beat the price and the minicharger and flashlight too! Thanks a lot for the tip. Cruising for the first time in 3 weeks.

Nick

Being of "age" (cough cough) where I get hot, hot , hot very easily at night I have been traveling with a small battery operated fan for a few years and I love it! 2 "D" batteries and it easily lasted beyond an 8 day we took and easily lasts longer than 7 days. For our upcoming 14 day cruise I will bring a backup set of batteries but since we will be doing Hawaii I can easily pick up some there. That fan has saved my life a couple of times when our air conditioner at home went out because of a blackout and you would have thought that all the oxygen was being sucked out of the house!

I have to take my fan. I have a small metal fan that i pack in my cooler. It usually ends up on the outside after the end of the cruise but it travels well and is very powerful for both the noise and the extra air. The last cruise I went on was uncomfortable because soon as we would get cool and comfortable , the air would go off and it would get too hot and wake us up. I don’t know if it was just that cabin but never again will I go without fan. We did have one cruise that was sold out where our air went out in the cabin on the first day. We had to have a fan brought in from guest services . This was June as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have lost several small fans on Carnival... so now I bring a USB fan. Some of the newer cabins have USB ports right at the head of the bed, which is perfect.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/O2COOL-5-Portable-USB-or-Electric-Fan-Black-Gray/698073462

And my clock with two plugs and a USB is a backup. It's a little bit larger than I would like, but the glow of the clock is enough so that we can get around the room.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sharp-Alarm-Clock-with-Power-Outlets-and-USB-Charge-Port/24225430

Wendy