Speciality Restaurant Discounts Available?

Jimbo59

Does Princess offer discounts for reserving dinner at more than one of the speciality restaurants?

On RCCL, we received about a 30 percent discount for purchasing dinners at three speciality restaurants.

No discounts. The vast majority of Princess passengers never or rarely go to a specialty restaurant. Princess doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that a good deal of the time, the specialty restaurants are at least partially empty. Edited by Pam in CA

I wish they did. We dined at the Crown Grill all four formal nights on our Star B2B recently. The food and service were outstanding!! It was worth every cent and more. They were also full all night long most nights.

Cheers, Denise

It's not uncommon to find a sale that might include "specialty dining for two" (meaning - you get to eat at one of the specialty restaurants without paying the $25/pp cover charge).

Although they pre-assign you a dining date and time, you can often change it to a time to allow for dining with friends. We did that this summer, when we dined in Sabatini's during our Alaska Cruise on the Crown Princess.

It's not uncommon to find a sale that might include "specialty dining for two" (meaning - you get to eat at one of the specialty restaurants without paying the $25/pp cover charge).

Although they pre-assign you a dining date and time, you can often change it to a time to allow for dining with friends. We did that this summer, when we dined in Sabatini's during our Alaska Cruise on the Crown Princess.

How did you get the offer? I've never noticed it on any on the ships we've been on.

We find the food in the regular DR to be sufficient without having to spend the extra money but if there were an offer similar to what you describe, we'd be there. :D

It has been part of the "three for free" promo. I don't think they are running that promo now.

Thanks. As I recall it was the promotion with gratuties paid for. I looked into that deal and didn't think it was anything special but now I know why I didn't see the restaurant offer. It turned out to be more expensive than booking the trip without the extras thrown in.

Thanks. As I recall it was the promotion with gratuties paid for. I looked into that deal and didn't think it was anything special but now I know why I didn't see the restaurant offer. It turned out to be more expensive than booking the trip without the extras thrown in.

Agree. It's always best to weigh the dollar value of each offer (lower price vs amenities and/or OBC), to see which is truly the best buy!

Does Princess offer discounts for reserving dinner at more than one of the speciality restaurants?

On RCCL, we received about a 30 percent discount for purchasing dinners at three speciality restaurants.

Clarification: I am asking about discounts that might be offered once on-board the ship, not at the time of reservation for the cruise.

We got a card for 1 free speciality restaurant in our stateroom last time we cruised ( March 2013) we didn't use it because we enjoy the MDR. Not sure how or why we received it but you might get lucky ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No matter how good the food was in the dining room most people wouldn't turn down a free meal in the Specialty restaurant which most times surpasses it. :)

We got a card for 1 free speciality restaurant in our stateroom last time we cruised ( March 2013) we didn't use it because we enjoy the MDR. Not sure how or why we received it but you might get lucky ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's really too bad! You missed out on a fabulous meal!

Does Princess offer discounts for reserving dinner at more than one of the speciality restaurants? On RCCL, we received about a 30 percent discount for purchasing dinners at three speciality restaurants.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clarify - yes RCCL offers a discount but to qualify you must book on-line and pay in advance, book 3 different speciality restaurants from what is offered but can not book the same restaurant twice - one of your choices must be on the 1st night embarkation and after you do the math the saving was $7.00. JMO - but not a great deal and certainly not flexible. .

Does Princess offer discounts for reserving dinner at more than one of the speciality restaurants? On RCCL, we received about a 30 percent discount for purchasing dinners at three speciality restaurants.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.

Just to clarify - yes RCCL offers a discount but to qualify you must book on-line and pay in advance, book 3 different speciality restaurants from what is offered but can not book the same restaurant twice - one of your choices must be on the 1st night embarkation and after you do the math the saving was $7.00. JMO - but not a great deal and certainly not flexible. .

How is $7 total a 30% discount on three specialty restaurants?

Or is it just a 30% discount on the lowest price restaurant?

How is $7 total a 30% discount on three specialty restaurants? Or is it just a 30% discount on the lowest price restaurant

.....................................................................................................

Yes - the difference between the cost to book 3 speciality restaurants of our choosing compared to the RCCL advance booking "packaged-dining-deal" was $7.00 less in total. However - did forget about the free bottle of wine incentive on embarkation day. JMO - but embarkation day is not a preferred time for speciality restaurant dining - 1st night bookings are thin - thus the wine incentive.