Would you give up a Jen n berry room for a balcony?

mcatmcat

All I can do is ask "politely".:rolleyes: However, it won't ruin my cruise, as I've learned not to sweat the small stuff!;) Cheers!:cool:

If we meet up on the 22nd I'll explain how to rectify the noise. I'm pretty sure it comes from a service door in the B&J shop below. It has an automatic closer that slams pretty hard. It is on the same wall as the head of the bed. :eek::eek: They can adjust the force that closes the door. I eventually called GS's every time it slammed for about 20 minutes one night. It ended up being taken care of. ;)

If you would utilize the Concierge Lounge, you may want to stick with the 'Sweet'. Free drinks during happy hour, snacks, etc. If not, move on up to the balcony! That would be a tough decision for sure.

We booked the B&J Sweet because it was a cute room and had the "sweet" benefits. We only ate the ice cream a couple of times though you get a voucher for every day. The CL was a joke. Our keys didn't open the CL and there were no extra keys in the room. We went to the CL and knocked on the door. It was opened by a guest who looked down his nose at us and informed us that this was a "private area" we weren't allowed in. I went in anyway and told him I was there to see the concierge. He again told me that the room was only available to "certain" passengers. While waiting, another couple was talking to the concierge. They were incredibly rude and could not believe that the concierge couldn't make what they wanted to happen. I know concierges try hard to honor your requests but there are certain things he just can't do. After the first night of drinks before dinner, I decided not to go back. Oh, my Lord the people were snooty!

Long story short, upgrade to the balcony.

We booked the B&J Sweet because it was a cute room and had the "sweet" benefits. We only ate the ice cream a couple of times though you get a voucher for every day. The CL was a joke. Our keys didn't open the CL and there were no extra keys in the room. We went to the CL and knocked on the door. It was opened by a guest who looked down his nose at us and informed us that this was a "private area" we weren't allowed in. I went in anyway and told him I was there to see the concierge. He again told me that the room was only available to "certain" passengers. While waiting, another couple was talking to the concierge. They were incredibly rude and could not believe that the concierge couldn't make what they wanted to happen. I know concierges try hard to honor your requests but there are certain things he just can't do. After the first night of drinks before dinner, I decided not to go back. Oh, my Lord the people were snooty!

Long story short, upgrade to the balcony.

Which ship?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Is there large differences within freedom class?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Not in relation to that cabin. The manner in which the Concierge treats you could be quite different. The Liberty has a dedicated Suite Lounge up in the Viking Crown area. The manner in which they adjust the door closer in the ice cream shop could be different

Edited by John&LaLa

Not in relation to that cabin. The manner in which the Concierge treats you could be quite different. The Liberty has a dedicated Suite Lounge up in the Viking Crown area. The manner in which they adjust the door closer in the ice cream shop could be different

So, I am going on Liberty with the sweet the fact that there is a dedicate suite lounge is that a good thing or bad thing?

I just wanted to read a few more answers to make my final decision which is -

[emoji838]I'm going to keep my Ben & Jerry room[emoji838]

Here is why [emoji187]

[emoji842]I'm only Emerald [emoji954]and I never sail in a suite so the CL will be something new for us specially the free drinks [emoji898]and a story to tell others about my experience on the lounge.

[emoji843]If we get gold cards we will be able to use the pool section for gold card only ( I still have to confirm this )

[emoji832]We always book interior and sometimes jump to a balcony after final payment if the price is right but I don't really care about the balcony. If I spent 50 minutes in total at the balcony during the whole week it will be a miracle.

▪️We always liked the cows as we walked by the promenade so how happy we will be if we sleep in their rooms[emoji230]

[emoji843]We love ice cream and although the ice cream at the MDR [emoji511]is pretty good I still prefer Ben&Jerry ice cream.

I genuinely thank everyone with their input and helping me making a final decision. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, I am going on Liberty with the sweet the fact that there is a dedicate suite lounge is that a good thing or bad thing?

Good thing. Much larger and better views than the other two ships. Potentially less crowded as well

I just wanted to read a few more answers to make my final decision which is -

[emoji838]I'm going to keep my Ben & Jerry room[emoji838]

Here is why [emoji187]

[emoji842]I'm only Emerald [emoji954]and I never sail in a suite so the CL will be something new for us specially the free drinks [emoji898]and a story to tell others about my experience on the lounge.

[emoji843]If we get gold cards we will be able to use the pool section for gold card only ( I still have to confirm this )

[emoji832]We always book interior and sometimes jump to a balcony after final payment if the price is right but I don't really care about the balcony. If I spent 50 minutes in total at the balcony during the whole week it will be a miracle.

▪️We always liked the cows as we walked by the promenade so how happy we will be if we sleep in their rooms[emoji230]

[emoji843]We love ice cream and although the ice cream at the MDR [emoji511]is pretty good I still prefer Ben&Jerry ice cream.

I genuinely thank everyone with their input and helping me making a final decision. [emoji3]

Good choice!!

If we meet up on the 22nd I'll explain how to rectify the noise. I'm pretty sure it comes from a service door in the B&J shop below. It has an automatic closer that slams pretty hard. It is on the same wall as the head of the bed. :eek::eek: They can adjust the force that closes the door. I eventually called GS's every time it slammed for about 20 minutes one night. It ended up being taken care of. ;)

Thanks for the advice! We would really enjoy seeing your place, especially since we may be relocating once DH retires in 4 years! I think we would love the Cocoa beach area!:cool: Sue has my cell and we'll be at the Rad on the 22nd!;) Also, can I take Bella back home with me?:rolleyes:

Mcatmcat, I think you made the right choice. Initially I had never heard of the B&J Sweet, and probably would have said "take the balcony", but after reading the replies and seeing the video, I would stick with the Sweet if for no other reason than the novelty. The lounge perks and free daily ice cream are great bonuses! That cabin is so cute that I think I'd be cruising through the port gift shops looking for cow knick-knacks to add to the collection. Kudos to the poster who made that video! Loved the country banjo accompaniment.

Pam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Lots of great info on this thread!

I just snagged this famous "sweet" for a friend I am sailing with on the Freedom in February :) Our final payments are due on Monday and I was checking to see what cabins are still available, when lo and behold, I saw 6305!!! :eek::eek: My friend was already booked in a PR cabin, so I couldn't dial RCI fast enough to move her (I am authorized to make changes on her reservation). She is Emerald and this will be her Diamond qualifying cruise, so access to the CL is a huge perk!

I am seriously shocked that this cabin was just sitting there for the taking?! Is this usual? I was under the impression you always had to call and that it rarely if ever appeared online?

Lots of great info on this thread!

I just snagged this famous "sweet" for a friend I am sailing with on the Freedom in February :) Our final payments are due on Monday and I was checking to see what cabins are still available, when lo and behold, I saw 6305!!! :eek::eek: My friend was already booked in a PR cabin, so I couldn't dial RCI fast enough to move her (I am authorized to make changes on her reservation). She is Emerald and this will be her Diamond qualifying cruise, so access to the CL is a huge perk!

I am seriously shocked that this cabin was just sitting there for the taking?! Is this usual? I was under the impression you always had to call and that it rarely if ever appeared online?

It's available to book just like any other regular cabin. If you see 6305 available on a Freedom class ship, just snag it. That's what I did for my upcoming Liberty cruise, when I was planning to sail solo. I ended up switching to a balcony when a friend decided to join me because we thought the inside cabin would be too small with all our stuff (including scuba gear). I do want to sail in this cabin someday. We already have lounge access so that wasn't a consideration.

I had it booked on the freedom as well, but gave it up, also for adventure [emoji3]

That's quite a coincidence! Hope you have a great time!

We just love AOS and the southern itinerary. I am looking forward to seeing all of the new things - mini golf course 2.0, the flowrider and the slides.

... I am seriously shocked that this cabin was just sitting there for the taking?! Is this usual? I was under the impression you always had to call and that it rarely if ever appeared online?

I've seen it available online a number of times. I'll bet that most people who book it don't know about the perks and are surprised when they arrive and see the decor and benefits. We were on a Liberty cruise last year and mentioned that stateroom to one of our friends, saw it was available, but when I explained about the possibility of hearing the slamming door all night, they declined to take it.

I've seen it available online a number of times. I'll bet that most people who book it don't know about the perks and are surprised when they arrive and see the decor and benefits. We were on a Liberty cruise last year and mentioned that stateroom to one of our friends, saw it was available, but when I explained about the possibility of hearing the slamming door all night, they declined to take it.

Please explain the slamming door?

There are many crew doors along passenger corridors and I don't see any threads on doors slamming! Maybe once in a while it gets a mention, but I've never heard anyone avoid booking a particular cabin because of it. I think I read somewhere last night when I was researching this cabin that there was an issue with the door inside Ben and Jerry's itself, but that it had been resolved. I know RCI doesn't move so fast to address issues sometimes, but I can't imagine they wouldn't fix this one if there were genuine complaints about noise. Good thing my friend is a deep sleeper, but there is no way she's giving up this cabin [emoji6]

Please explain the slamming door? ...

This is not from personal experience Robyn, but from reading a number of posts here. Apparently there is some crew access door either right next to the suite or very close, and it's used all night long. I remember one post where the people in 6305 complained to GS about the slamming, and it did stop for a couple of nights, but then started again. I've not read about it in the last year or so, so perhaps something has been done to prevent the noise.

This is not from personal experience Robyn, but from reading a number of posts here. Apparently there is some crew access door either right next to the suite or very close, and it's used all night long. I remember one post where the people in 6305 complained to GS about the slamming, and it did stop for a couple of nights, but then started again. I've not read about it in the last year or so, so perhaps something has been done to prevent the noise.

Thanks for the clarification. No one likes noise they can't control, so hopefully it's resolved. Like I said, my friend sleeps well, so chances are she wouldn't even hear it.

I think I'm more excited than she is [emoji4]now she can join me in the CL [emoji106]

Thanks for the clarification. No one likes noise they can't control, so hopefully it's resolved. Like I said, my friend sleeps well, so chances are she wouldn't even hear it.

I think I'm more excited than she is [emoji4]now she can join me in the CL [emoji106]

Please report back on this, I'm curious to get more recent info.:)

Slamming door or not I found the stateroom available and didn't hesitate to get it. There were a few opportunities to get free upgrade after final payment but I kept the 6305. I'm sailing tomorrow and will report back about the noise.