Is it worth it?

We have an opportunity to move from Central Park view balcony inside to an outside balcony on the Oasis for 200.00. For those of you who have sailed this ship before is it worth it?

Thanks for your response

Doug

We have an opportunity to move from Central Park view balcony inside to an outside balcony on the Oasis for 200.00. For those of you who have sailed this ship before is it worth it?

Thanks for your response

Doug

We implies at least 2 of you and I assume $200 total. I would definitely do it.

Thanks for your response

Doug

I wouldn't do it just yet. If you're diligent, like I am, on checking the price of the cruise you paid for, you should see a drop in price pretty soon. We had a Central Park View balcony a week ago, probably the nicest location you can get in the corner, a couple of floors above the Coach boutique looking down at my favorite bar in the whole wide world--Vintages. But when I noticed the price dropped, Royal Caribbean offered to make up the difference by offering an Ocean View Balcony free of charge.

Of course if you don't see enough difference, and RC isn't offering that free upgrade, then by all means get the Ocean View Balcony for $200 Alex. But I'd check first to see if there's an upgrade in your future. Because, come on, 200 extra dollars can buy you a lot of cotton candies on boardwalk.

And once the humidity hits the poofy delicious treat, evaporating it back into the sugary mess it came from even before you sit down, it will cost you $200 just to finally be able to eat a full one. Yep, been there done that.

Side note: There really needs to be a thread warning people on the pitfalls of this problem. First world problems matter too. Don't get swindled by the cotton candy guy. It's a trick I tell you. A twisted and humorless trick.

My opion differs from the majority. We always have a balcony cabin so when we booked Oasis we booked a Central Park balcony for the experience as it is a unique experience to that class of ship and we loved it.

If this had been my first balcony I would have taken the upgrade, but as we have always sailed in a balcony I would not upgrade so as to have a unique have the unique experience. I will add that our future cruise are ocean view balcony.

My conclusion is (slthough not worth anything to anyone) go for it if you have never had a balcony before otherwise stay put and enjoy the new experience.

• 1 month later...