How to calculate the cost of AIDP?

cruiseintoheaven

Hello....considering whether or not I want to purchase the new(ish) All Inclusive Drink Package. Seems like a silly question or one that should be easy to figure out, but - how is it calculated exactly? For our upcoming 7 day cruise, is it $____x7? If so, it may sway me against it as I don't see using it that much the first day/night.....thanks! Lynn

Hello....considering whether or not I want to purchase the new(ish) All Inclusive Drink Package. Seems like a silly question or one that should be easy to figure out, but - how is it calculated exactly? For our upcoming 7 day cruise, is it $____x7? If so, it may sway me against it as I don't see using it that much the first day/night.....thanks! Lynn

Perhaps you will find this link helpful. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&highlight=drink+calculator

If so, it may sway me against it as I don't see using it that much the first day/night.....thanks! Lynn
You can continue to use the package on disembarkation morning (for specialty coffees or one last bloody mary) so that might make up a little bit for the first day.

($49 per day + 15% grat) Approx $53 x 7 days=$371 for the entire cruise.

You always have to buy it for the entire cruise, they will not prorate it if you wait.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

($49 per day + 15% grat) Approx $53 x 7 days=$371 for the entire cruise.

You always have to buy it for the entire cruise, they will not prorate it if you wait.

Wow.....I like to have a good time when I cruise, and adhere to the "it's 5:00 somewhere" rule but - I don't know that I could do that justice, though it would be fun trying :D

I know it sounds expensive, but if you take into consideration that it's not just alcohol, but specialty coffees, bottled water, mixed drinks, wine, beer, mocktails, etc...it's not hard to meet (and exceed) that cost...a Perrier by the pool, maybe a froo-froo drink in the afternoon, one or two bottles of water for the stateroom or to take on an excursion, a glass of wine on the balcony while waiting to go to dinner, a glass of wine or cocktail in a lounge pre-dinner, one or two glasses of wine with dinner, a cappucino or latte in the morning or after dinner, a drink at a show, it can add up fast, and not all of it is alcohol!

After much deliberation (and calculation), I've decided to do it...even if I use less than what I pay, just not having to dread the invoice slipped under the door at the end of the cruise is worth it! :D

I guess I never dread getting the last statement during the night since I check my spending throughout the cruise to see what's on my account. When I worked out the math, the beverage package wasn't worth it to us. I'm glad some people get their money's worth out of it.

I know it sounds expensive, but if you take into consideration that it's not just alcohol, but specialty coffees, bottled water, mixed drinks, wine, beer, mocktails, etc...it's not hard to meet (and exceed) that cost...a Perrier by the pool, maybe a froo-froo drink in the afternoon, one or two bottles of water for the stateroom or to take on an excursion, a glass of wine on the balcony while waiting to go to dinner, a glass of wine or cocktail in a lounge pre-dinner, one or two glasses of wine with dinner, a cappucino or latte in the morning or after dinner, a drink at a show, it can add up fast, and not all of it is alcohol!

After much deliberation (and calculation), I've decided to do it...even if I use less than what I pay, just not having to dread the invoice slipped under the door at the end of the cruise is worth it! :D

That's a pretty fair scenario for most folks, myself included.....though I'm not a specialty coffee drinker. I DO like being able to get bottled water though. Also not sure if I'd use it all that much on port days....it would be interesting to see a thread dedicated to post-cruise experiences in regards to the AIDP. I definitely agree with your point about not having to think about it though. Thanks! Lynn

The beverage package worked out for us on our Pacific Princess cruise last week. We like the convenience of it--have had it on our last two Celebrity cruises. Once the bartenders and servers know you have it they make it very easy to order and be served. We used it for specialty coffees, hot chocolates, fresh squeezed juices, cocktails, water, wine, etc. Based on pricing it works out to about 5 drinks of something a day per person. Doesn't take long to reach that dollar(approx.$55 pp) amount when ordering individual items. The wines by the glass were decent. When they realized all in our group were drinking the same wine, they brought us a bottle. Of course, the Pacific is a small ship with probably the best bar staff we have ever had on any ship. Think we might be spoiled.

:D DH always says being able to afford a World Cruse would not be a problem. Being able to afford our drink bills would be!!!!

World cruise = 111 days.

Drink package = $53/day per person

2 people for 111 days at $53 each per day = $11,7666

Wowie Zowie! That's a lot for drinks!!!

World cruise = 111 days.

Drink package = $53/day per person

2 people for 111 days at $56.35 each per day = $12,509.70

Wowie Zowie! That's a lot for drinks!!!

And if you get your money's worth, you may not remember where you have been.

Including the 15% tax the price per day on Princess for the All Inclusive Drink Sticker is $56.35 per day and has to be bought for the entire cruise.

While it's a good deal for us, it may not be for everyone. ;)

LuLu

yes, definitely an individual calculation. Another thread I was reading, about the soda package and the implications of purchasing it before the cruise, vs, before leaving the cruise terminal vs. out at sea, etc. has me wondering if there is any difference in the way the total cost of the AIDP is calculated based on those same variables....any body? :)

When I first checked out the AIDSticker, I quickly decided that since we like to have drinks while enjoying our suite balcony, buying bottles of Jack Daniels at $26 plus gratuities (or Crown Royal at $22) to have in the room is a much wiser and cheaper way to go for the most part. This is 375 milliliter = 12.680 ounce or 10 (1.2 oz) drinks at $2.6 per drink. And for Skyy Vodka at $17 plus gratuities with Free OJ from morning Room Service, 10 (1.2 oz) drinks at $1.70 per drink. When we compare at $56.36 each per day, well! ;)

Of course that doesn't mean that when with a group waiting for supper or at the shows, that we don't buy a drink to be social. :D But nothing like $112.72 per day for the two of us. :eek:

"Remember Travel First Class, If You Don't, Your Kids Will!"

yes, definitely an individual calculation. Another thread I was reading, about the soda package and the implications of purchasing it before the cruise, vs, before leaving the cruise terminal vs. out at sea, etc. has me wondering if there is any difference in the way the total cost of the AIDP is calculated based on those same variables....any body? :)

The price of the All Inclusive Beverage Sticker was the same for us when we boarded in Fort Lauderdale as it would have been if we had bought it in advance. Also, we used it before muster drill while still in port. :)

Same was true before the Beverage Sticker in Ft. Lauderdale drinks ... just the normal 15% no other taxes.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers