Seeking Rotterdam Info

Some stations. Main stations at 12. Came off her 9 days ago as well.

I've sailed a good many days on HAL. On all of them, one side of the lunch line has opened at 11:30, while the other side opened at 12:00. That includes the "hot service, entrée" section.

That's why one side of breakfast closes down early, so it can be prepped for lunch. Same thing at lunch---one side closes at 1:30, while the other stays open until 2:00.

In case you are interested, I have PDFs of the OnLocation dailies of my recent Norse Legends cruise on Rotterdam. You may want to take a look at them for further information. You can download them from my wordpress blog.

Thank you so much, very informative. We are booked on this next year early June on the Koningsdam (B2B after the Baltics). I'll be sure to pack some warm clothing.

Looking for information on Interior Cabins on Deck 6 . Thinking of booking this for March sailing. It is described as "Large Interior". Would like to know if it has a sitting area. We have not had an interior cabin since our very first cruise back in the 70's! Any tips or advice from others sailing in interiors on this ship will be appreciated.

Looking for information on Interior Cabins on Deck 6 . Thinking of booking this for March sailing. It is described as "Large Interior". Would like to know if it has a sitting area.

The cabins are the same as most of the other large insides on the lower decks. They are quite large, with a sitting area that has a love seat and table.

The I-category cabins are in a good location; the K-cabins are too far aft for my taste.

The cabins are the same as most of the other large insides on the lower decks. They are quite large, with a sitting area that has a love seat and table.

The I-category cabins are in a good location; the K-cabins are too far aft for my taste.

Thank You, the I category cabin is what we are looking at. Having a sitting area will make a huge difference. Thank you, again for the information.

Does anyone know if the HH categoryand FF is completely obstructed, or if you can see a little bit around the obstruction. We are considering the Rotterdam or the Veendam for Sept. 10 the New England/Canada cruise. Thanks

Does anyone know if the HH categoryand FF is completely obstructed, or if you can see a little bit around the obstruction.

I just checked the Rotterdam deck plans, and expect the Veendam plans would be the same.

The Rotterdam HH cabins I know (stayed in one once) on Lower Promenade are obstructed by ship superstructure across the promenade. However, if you stand close to the window, and look hard to one side, you can see sky and ocean. It's certainly enough to give you an idea of the weather outside.

I can't find any FF cabins that are obstructed. I find them on Dolphin Deck.

I just booked the Rotterdam H handicapped accessible for the Sept. 10 cruse from Boston to Montreal. There aren't many cabins left except guarantee and I don't trust them.

Thanks for checking for me.

I just booked the Rotterdam H handicapped accessible for the Sept. 10 cruse from Boston to Montreal. There aren't many cabins left except guarantee and I don't trust them.

Thanks for checking for me.

As an add on to this. Cabin is #3399 - H. It has a very strange layout. Does anyone know anything about this cabin??? Very curious

Nan

• 3 weeks later...
Oddly I'm of the opposite to everyone else it seems when it comes to the Rotterdam ... I didn't like her and found her to be badly maintained when I sailed on her 3 years ago ... Has she been renovated since ???

Rotterdam goes in to dry dock 26 October. That should spruce her up a bit.

I am so glad I read that update as I was torn between the March 30 transatlantic..the Westerdam to Rome or the Rotterdam to Barcelona...it will be the Rotterdam now.

After the Westerdam sail to Rome, she goes to Palermo for a refit I've been on three crossings followed by dry docks and sadly much disruption occurs, like laying carpets or closing a public area. I hope to avoid that.

HA HA On the last voyage of the Ryndam we had port workers from all over the Med as on board "guests" and library books and China packed while we sailed the coast of India.

So it's good to be aware of what you will be experiencing.

She better not be going into dry dock on October 26. We have a roll call of more than 150 people that board on October 28 for a 42 night cruise. Some of the 150, board a few days before in Boston. I hope you mean 2017.

Edited by beach bunnie

I am so glad I read that update as I was torn between the March 30 transatlantic..the Westerdam to Rome or the Rotterdam to Barcelona...it will be the Rotterdam now.

After the Westerdam sail to Rome, she goes to Palermo for a refit I've been on three crossings followed by dry docks and sadly much disruption occurs, like laying carpets or closing a public area. I hope to avoid that.

HA HA On the last voyage of the Ryndam we had port workers from all over the Med as on board "guests" and library books and China packed while we sailed the coast of India.

Good choice on the 30 day Rotterdam - nice itinerary ;)

If you are coming along, here is the link to the roll call - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2336918&page=13

She better not be going into dry dock on October 26. We have a roll call of more than 150 people that board on October 28 for a 42 night cruise. Some of the 150, board a few days before in Boston. I hope you mean 2017.

I checked Cjcruzer's great thread on drydocks and charters and it is indeed in October, 2017. No worries ;)

RTDM is scheduled for her next dry-dock from 25 Oct - 03 Nov 2017 at the Grand Bahama shipyard in Freeport. Her last dry-dock was from 07-20 Apr 2015 at Blohm + Voss GmbH in Hamburg.

WEDM is scheduled for her next dry-dock from 14-26 Apr 2017 at Fincantieri Cantieri Navali Italiani S.p.A. in Palermo, Sicily

We just got off the Rotterdam last week. All dining venues were great! We attended a few lectures, but no shows.

About balconies, you have Lanai (shared promenade) and Vista Suite and up. The Vista Suite is long and narrow. We found the sofa sagging badly, and the desk chair wobbled. If we'd had more room, we would have brought the deck chair inside, and avoided the sofa. One of our best cabin steward teams.

Edited by knittinggirl

We just got off the Rotterdam last week. All dining venues were great! We attended a few lectures, but no shows.

About balconies, you have Lanai (shared promenade) and Vista Suite and up. The Vista Suite is long and narrow. We found the sofa sagging badly, and the desk chair wobbled. If we'd had more room, we would have brought the deck chair inside, and avoided the sofa. One of our best cabin steward teams.

Is there a lot of extra seating in the lower prom? We realized the lanai rooms have their own loungers , but we love sitting out on the prom. and walking too of course. Thanks for your response.

Is there a lot of extra seating in the lower prom? We realized the lanai rooms have their own loungers , but we love sitting out on the prom. and walking too of course. Thanks for your response.

Not a lot, but there is some. There are a few loungers in prime locations, usually immediately next to the doors. The rest are in areas with poor sightlines.

This is similar to the spacing on the Veendam.

When HAL got around to adding Lanai cabins on the Maasdam, they reduced the number of them, leaving more open seating for the general public.

I checked Cjcruzer's great thread on drydocks and charters and it is indeed in October, 2017. No worries ;)

I did get that wrong, which means I won't benefit from the dry dock for my coming March departure.

Still, I don't want to be on the last crossing before Westerdams dry dock (unless they offer me a free ride to Palermo)😉

Susan

I did get that wrong, which means I won't benefit from the dry dock for my coming March departure.

Still, I don't want to be on the last crossing before Westerdams dry dock (unless they offer me a free ride to Palermo)��

Susan

The itinerary on the Rotterdam is very nice though. Especially the 30 day but even for the TA, I'll take Funchal over tha Azores any day of the week ;). Along with Cadiz ;). And a few others.

Hope you will join us ;)

Edited by kazu

Not a lot, but there is some. There are a few loungers in prime locations, usually immediately next to the doors. The rest are in areas with poor sightlines.

This is similar to the spacing on the Veendam.

When HAL got around to adding Lanai cabins on the Maasdam, they reduced the number of them, leaving more open seating for the general public.

Thanks Ruth C

• 4 months later...
How do I find the Roll Call for this cruise, Rotterdam Feb 12-March 5?

Looks like you found it :)

You can also go to your User CP (upper left hand corner) and click that for your subscribed threads and get back there easily.

Just in case though - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2254829&page=11

Good choice on the 30 day Rotterdam - nice itinerary ;)

If you are coming along, here is the link to the roll call - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2336918&page=13

Hi Jacqui!

As a substitute for the Westie PC we had to cancel, DH and I are thinking about this sailing (up to Barcelona, followed by a few days in that, my favorite European city)(so far)... Can I ask you, when is Final Payment for the Mar30 start-date? Is it 75 days before, or 60 -- I can never remember.

I saw HAL was selling a combined cruise that was the last Caribbean B2B with the TA upto BCN. To my mind that would be an odd combination!

TTYS -- E.

Elizabeth AKA crystalspin