Cabin selection

What would you suggest on a trip Fort Lauderdale - Falmouth - Labadee?

No side preference for us. I'd take whichever stateroom is center hump, if available, else closest to either the forward or aft elevator lobby. I'd also avoid being right under the pool deck.

Edited by clarea

When booking your cruise and your cabin do you choose port or starboard Side and why? We are going to book the western on the oasis.

Cabin location on the best deck is paramount over "side." If possible I usually book Starboard side as, in my experience, the ship usually docks starboard side to the pier. But that has been very hit or miss lately. Had a port side cabin on Celebrity a few weeks ago and we had the best views in every port. Sometimes that was pier side, sometimes not.

As for Ft. Lauderdale, the ships dock starboard side to the pier. So if you want to sit on your balcony and watch the action you can. But for sailaway the best side is the port side as it goes by all the big homes.

Labadee is hit of miss. Some ships dock bow first giving the best views of the island to the starboard side. Last cruise (Celebrity) we backed in and the views out the port side were fantastic.

So, the best thing to do is look at the available cabins, see what's above and below, and take the side that gives you the best location, i.e. on the hump.

When we're not in an aft, we choose a starboard hump...no real reason for starboard vs. port but now that we cruise a couple of times per year, it does make finding our cabins easier each time...no new location to learn ;) On our next cruise though, we're in an aft port side Boardwalk balcony - will see how often we get lost!

Edited by 1ParticularHbr

On the Oasis or Allure, probably starboard to see and watch people as they come and go on the ship...................(Western)

Sea Ya

We will be on independence. Got 1298 which I think is on starboard center of the ship. Th GS in between some JS.