Find me a black cardigan, please!

critterchick

Dsda

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

I have no clue what I posting at 1 a.m. this morning :confused:

Belks has a Crown & Ivy black cardigan 3/4 sleeve button up.

It comes in black, white, and pink.

Regular $58 but online for $39.99

An essential part of any Southern woman's wardrobe, this cardigan is an eye-catching piece. The bold color and sweet little buttons give this a feminine style.

• 21.5-in. L
  • Button up closure
  • Crew neckline
  • Three-quarter set-in sleeves
  • Cotton Blend
  • Machine Washable
  • Belk Exclusive

Belk.jpg.aac77102116940f702cd3c3d4d59bc0e.jpg

Hi:) I went to Kohl's today and saw 2 or 3 black cardigans and thought

about this thread......I had to remind myself to post on here:D

One was more of a fine gage knit and the other was more of open

weave.....both were quite pretty though:)

Croft & Barrow is surprisingly high quality for the price. Think I'll go by my local Kohl's this week and see what they have. Thanks for all of the suggestions!:)

At Macy's yesterday in Maryland, there were some very nice soft sweater jackets with delicate patterns and sort of longer in the back than front open no button style. White, black, blue and tan. The summer issue of this popular sweater was under $20 for clearance. The heavier ones (new for fall) with gathered back shaping in the same colors plus charcoal grey were in the 50$ range. With coupon I hope to get one for about $15. Not a cardigan but might work for you.

So -- inquiring minds, which cardigan did you get???? :) :)

I am more of a jacket person, and stylish jean jackets seem to be all the rage at the moment. Bomber (baseball style) jackets are also coming back.

So far I have 2 with one more on the way. I found a J. Crew Merino wool cardigan shortly after I fell for the Eileen Fisher. My local store. (I started the hunt in Seattle) didn't have a large, so knocked off $25 and gave me free shipping for a net of $55 or so. Then I took. Lois' suggestion and went to Kohl's where I found a cotton blend for $19.99. I got a red one, too.:). And yesterday I went back to Saks Off 5th and ordered a Joie (sp), so will see how that fits.

I may become a a Goth....:eek:

So far I have 2 with one more on the way. I found a J. Crew Merino wool cardigan shortly after I fell for the Eileen Fisher. My local store. (I started the hunt in Seattle) didn't have a large, so knocked off $25 and gave me free shipping for a net of $55 or so. Then I took. Lois' suggestion and went to Kohl's where I found a cotton blend for $19.99. I got a red one, too.:). And yesterday I went back to Saks Off 5th and ordered a Joie (sp), so will see how that fits.

I may become a a Goth....:eek:

Not at all, lol, black is such a great (non) color for traveling. (Just look in my closet if you don't believe me.) :) I'm glad you were successful, enjoy the cardigans!

Croft & Barrow is surprisingly high quality for the price. Think I'll go by my local Kohl's this week and see what they have. Thanks for all of the suggestions!:)

I order the C+B cardigans on-line in petite XL sizes. They fit me better than the regular sized ones, wash well, and last a long time.

Edited by Alaskanb

In looking for your black cardigan I found 3 that are now living in my closet (& I wasn't looking for any 😳)

One merino wool (that I love) flyaway, one tissue thin (just cause) by Elle & one from Kohls that should arrive Mon. All black. I also found a pewter Ann Taylor with Pearl buttons that was intriguing. It's a disease 😉. Melody

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

White House Black Market has several black cardigans online for less than $100. BodenUsa has some online as well.

$100.00 for a black cardigan? Is it cashmere?

Many of the stores mentioned have them in the 20.00--40.00

range.

range.

It doesn't need to be. Their clothing is very well made and will last triple the life expectancy of the $40 Jaclyn Smith WalMart sweater that will be a pilled, faded mess after one season. It's well worth spending the extra money on classic styles from quality retailers that you'll wear for the next 15+ years. I have an Eileen Fisher black cardigan sweater, merino wool blend, that is 16 years old and still like new. I paid $120 or so for it. Had I been buying crap from low and lower end stores I would have replaced it at least seven times by now. Do the math.

It doesn't need to be. Their clothing is very well made and will last triple the life expectancy of the $40 Jaclyn Smith WalMart sweater that will be a pilled, faded mess after one season. It's well worth spending the extra money on classic styles from quality retailers that you'll wear for the next 15+ years. I have an Eileen Fisher black cardigan sweater, merino wool blend, that is 16 years old and still like new. I paid $120 or so for it. Had I been buying crap from low and lower end stores I would have replaced it at least seven times by now. Do the math.

We all buy different things and spend different amounts. Just because

something is 40.00 does not mean it is crap.

I did the math. Why does your post sound so harsh to me?:eek::(.....

I was not trying to be rude and had no malice behind my reply.

range.

Actually, I said less than $100. Some in the prices you listed. Anyone interested could go to the website and get the exact price. I never pay full price at White House Black Market as their sales are awesome.

Actually, I said less than $100. Some in the prices you listed. Anyone interested could go to the website and get the exact price. I never pay full price at White House Black Market as their sales are awesome.

Oh....sorry I misread it then. I have shopped there a couple of times but

their items are cut too small for me. I am large busted and heavy in the

mid section. Whenever I have gone into the store, I do think some of

their items are cute but they don't fit me well.

Cost per wear is the most important metric to me when I'm contemplating items for my closet. The lower the better:p Spend more on things that I'll wear all the time for years, spend less on something with more limited scope. Works for me, but I acknowledge we all have different metrics of importance....

Cost per wear is the most important metric to me when I'm contemplating items for my closet. The lower the better:p Spend more on things that I'll wear all the time for years, spend less on something with more limited scope. Works for me, but I acknowledge we all have different metrics of importance....

Exactly. People think I'm crazy for spending $150 on my Eileen Fisher side zip ankle pants. I get an average of 600 wearings before I retire them. I bought a similar pair at Penney's for $45 that looked like crap after approximately 40 wearings. Same thing with my Ralph Lauren jeans. I get about 500 wearings out of those, they run me around $90. Well worth the cost.

If I want something trendy that Will be out of vogue in 18 months I'll buy it at Kohl's, but otherwise I prefer to spend more for things that cost a lot less in the long run with a higher quality look, feel, and fit.

It can still be true that no matter how good the cost-per-wear metric, the price is higher than someone can or is willing to pay. As Lois mentioned, we all have different priorities in how we spend our money.

I'm just happy it's so much easier to find a variety at all price points these days. I would be lost without online shopping:D Or at least, closet to naked....

The cardigans currently in my Costco are acrylic fly away style which is not my favorite. But in the past, they have carried merino (and closer to Christmas, cashmere) at very good prices.

(my Costco *does* have merino t-shirts at a fabulous price of $16.99 and I just bought a couple of those - they are amazing for winter travel and esp anything active because of the way they wick sweat and don't smell. They don't dry as quickly as a manmade fabric would, but I'm a fan!)

I'm in the hunt for a new black cardigan--again! I had one stolen on a Med cruise from off my lounge chair (pretty sure I saw it walking around later--who does that?) and left one in the tour van at the airport in Santiago, Chile last December.

I had looked and looked for both of them; they were just what I wanted. A little below waist length, not too long in the sleeves (I have short arms and hate rolling sleeves) and nice and soft and comfy. Also very inexpensive and washed like a dream.

Back to Herberger's where It think I got them both. I promise to guard them with my life!

Nebrcruiser, check out the Vera Wang at Kohls, might be what you're looking for, about $40 on sale. Depressing that someone would take something & have the gall to wear it in front of you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nebrcruiser, check out the Vera Wang at Kohls, might be what you're looking for, about $40 on sale. Depressing that someone would take something & have the gall to wear it in front of you

Thanks! Nearest Kohl's is about 2.5 hours away, but maybe I can look online. I do make it to the 'city' once in a while.

I purchased and wore a Tory Burch black cardigan on a recent Crystal cruise in Ireland. It has gold signature buttons and can easily be dressed up or down. I like it so much I may get the same sweater in a different color. Good luck finding what you are looking for!

Nebrcruiser, if you go online to Kohls, make sure you don't get the polyester Vera Wang flyaway cardigan, I took it back as it was cheesy. The other Vera Wang is a lightweight (washable) wool (just below) hip length flyaway & is lovely. Both run true to size. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk