Parking in Galveston

4PTCruiserz

Is it best to reserve parking at one of the parking lots in Galveston, or is there plenty of parking for all??

We won't get to Galveston till 1:30 or 2:00 for our departure time of 4pm.

Didn't know if spaces were first come first serve, or if they would even fill up.

What are the specifics on these lots? Location, Price, Security, Reservation,etc.

I would rather just arrive and decide where I want to park vs. reservation with somewhere I'm not familiar. Unless it will cause a problem with availability of course.

Thanks for your input.

I use EZCruise and you save $5 by booking online. I wait until the night before usually. They have a overflow parking lot which if you are getting in that late you will probably get stuck with. They do have a shuttle and it will only be 5 more minutes at most to the port, its not bad. They have bright orange shirts so when you get off the ship you cant miss them.

They will shuttle you and all your luggage.

Some park at Lighthouse which is $5 cheaper I believe. Sometimes for Ecstasy EZCruise has specials, like $30 instead of $35. Its $50 for a 7 day cruise. Just print out or write down your confirmation number if you book ahead of time. Easy peasy.

We've used both lots. The only difference is EZ has a shuttle for you and your luggage. I don't like to fight the traffic so I let EZ do it.

My fav is to stay overnite at Holiday Inn on the Beach and use their shuttle and free parking, but any of the three will work.

If you are delayed in your arrival and do not arrive by 3:00 pm for those with completed funpasses or 2:30 pm for those without complete funpasses you will not be allowed to board. Having made the drive from OKC to Houston many times, I would not feel comfortable with the small cushion you are leaving yourself.

Thanks for all of the great advice. I'll consider making arrangements to arrive earlier than planned.

I think it just started that you have to be onboard 2 hours early if you dont have your fun pass complete, 90 minutes if it is complete, some new govt regulations.

Some said thats why Voyager was late leaving this past Sunday, because of the new regulations, people have to be on board earlier. I think it just started.

Is it best to reserve parking at one of the parking lots in Galveston, or is there plenty of parking for all??

We won't get to Galveston till 1:30 or 2:00 for our departure time of 4pm.

Didn't know if spaces were first come first serve, or if they would even fill up.

What are the specifics on these lots? Location, Price, Security, Reservation,etc.

I would rather just arrive and decide where I want to park vs. reservation with somewhere I'm not familiar. Unless it will cause a problem with availability of course.

Thanks for your input.

Im not sure you know but you have to be on the ship by 2:30pm. New law all passagers have to be boarded 90 mins before departure.I used ezparking and only paid $30 online. We used them in the past and they fill up quickly,

• 2 weeks later...
I think it just started that you have to be onboard 2 hours early if you dont have your fun pass complete, 90 minutes if it is complete, some new govt regulations.

Some said thats why Voyager was late leaving this past Sunday, because of the new regulations, people have to be on board earlier. I think it just started.

I was on the cruise that left late on 3/2/08. It wasn't due to any new regulations...there was a barge parked next to us doing some service work and we had to wait until they were finished to be able to leave. You still had to be on board at least 60 minutes prior to sailing. They have delayed changing the times due to so many people having prior travel arrangements and unable to change them to get their earlier. I for one would just come in a day early and spend the night.

We parked at EZ cruise parking for the first time (this was our 3rd cruise out of Galveston). I made online reservations for $50 for 7 days and I loved not having to drop people off in the horrible traffic and then park and come back on the shuttle. We got in and out of the cruise port very efficiently!!!

I would now say ez cruise as well. we just got back yesterday from being on the Conquest. I parked at the Port parking lot and the other family with us parked at ez cruise. They made it back to the terminal before we did and made back to their car 25 minutes before we did after the cruise. So ez-cruise parking for us for now on.

We always use EZ cruise. You can go to galveston.com, click on "what to do" and then click on cruising. From there you can find parking lots, hotels, etc..... whatever info you need is there. EZ Cruise is cheaper if you prepay and they are great.

We have parked at EZ Cruise for all of our departures out of Galveston and have not had any problems. We booked online so that we were guaranteed a parking space and saved $5 for the week. The parking lots are surrounded by chain link fence with razor sharp wire on top and they are monitored. They will rent you a cover for your car and detail it while you are gone if you wish. They take you and your luggage from the parking lot to the terminal and pick you up at the terminal on return. If you have ever been to the Galveston terminal you know how bad the traffic is. Let them fight it. You can walk to/from the main parking lot (three blocks) if you want. They are fast and efficient.

I would echo what others have stated. New government regulations require you to be on board early. They physically lock the doors to the terminal at 2:30 PM I believe. They are quite serious and you will be standing on the pier as the ship leaves - no excuses accepted! You might want to rethink your arrival time.

Thanks for the great advice!

Will be parking in EZ Cruise for sure.

Have adjusted schedule a bit to be on the island by 12:30 should that be enough time to get us parked and to the terminal and checked in?

Do we have to be finished with checkin by 2:30 or "in-line" for check-in or how does this actually work?

Cindy Hayes runs EZ Cruise Parking, and she does a great job of getting you and your luggage safely to the ship. Her people care about you, and they've done this for years.

Our routine is that we drop off luggage at the respective cruise terminal, and then we go to park at EZ Park. Then we take their van or walk to Starbucks, at 22nd and Harborside, for some good coffee. We sit on the patio and watch the crazy people take their turn going into the Cruise Ship Terminal area. Then when we're ready, we walk across the street to Terminal 1 or 2 (2 is longer, down to RCI), and take our turn inside the terminal.

We've done this routine many times, and love Galveston as a Port. Good luck in your planning, and we hope you develop fun Galveston rituals, too.

Bob from Dallas / Ft. Worth

we didn't even think to reserve parking. it's been 4 years, but seems like it was called dolphin, but the descriptions of ezcruise sound very familiar as well. anyway, we just drove into galveston, found a spot, paid $10 per day. they shuttled us & our luggage to the terminal. car was still fine when we got back a week later.

We reserved a spot at the EZ Cruise parking. It's $20 cheaper (I think) for booking it online. From what I hear it's close to the terminal and not hard to find.

Our last cruise we just drove up and got a spot. But I reserved us a spot this time so that it would be cheaper. But that's just me.

It's 5.00 off for booking on-line. Like 50.00 for the week. They take you and your bags to the terminal, both ways.:)

I would now say ez cruise as well. we just got back yesterday from being on the Conquest. I parked at the Port parking lot and the other family with us parked at ez cruise. They made it back to the terminal before we did and made back to their car 25 minutes before we did after the cruise. So ez-cruise parking for us for now on.

So, I'm wondering how this could be faster than walking to your own car after the cruise. Can you explain further? I was planning on parking at the port and would like to know how catching a shuttle van to a remote lot is faster.....

Thanks for your insight!!!

Archived