Really Cool Pics From Carnival Glory Dry Dock

Jamericannn

Thanks! Booked the Glory for our family cruise in June. Boys were disappointed we were not doing RCCL with the surf rider, rock walls, ice rink, etc....and it only had one crappy slide. They are a little bit happier now that there should be a couple more slides for them.

I appreciate the updates! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks! Booked the Glory for our family cruise in June. Boys were disappointed we were not doing RCCL with the surf rider, rock walls, ice rink, etc....and it only had one crappy slide. They are a little bit happier now that there should be a couple more slides for them.

I appreciate the updates! Can't wait to see the finished product.

There will still be a lot for them to do. I hope you guys have fun.

RedDevil. Nice pics. I feel bad that you will cruise when the waterworks construction will still be going on. Did you hear about the options carnival is giving passengers?

Yes unfortunately the options they've offered didn't work for us as we were informed far too close to sail date. We are tied to these dates with transatlantic flights and time off work booked, and the offer to switch ships didn't help as by the time that offer was made (10 days before sailing) all 6-7 day cruises were fully sold out. Just gotta cross our fingers now and hope they get the majority of the heavy/noisy construction done over the next week during dry dock, so the noise, mess and disruption will be minimal for our cruise

Yes unfortunately the options they've offered didn't work for us as we were informed far too close to sail date. We are tied to these dates with transatlantic flights and time off work booked, and the offer to switch ships didn't help as by the time that offer was made (10 days before sailing) all 6-7 day cruises were fully sold out. Just gotta cross our fingers now and hope they get the majority of the heavy/noisy construction done over the next week during dry dock, so the noise, mess and disruption will be minimal for our cruise

Yes it is difficult for most people to make that sudden change unless they live in Florida and have a flexible schedule. My friend will be on your cruise as well. She is a teacher and that's the only time she gets. She is flying from Toronto so she definitely can't change anything.

I always loved booking the balcony or inside cabins on LIDO deck mid and forward. Just a quick jaunt and onto the Lido deck for early morning coffee. And hitting the hot tub when it first opens before the water gets too contaminated:) It was also nice and quiet in these cabins.

I am thinking now that with water works right there, when you come out... maybe not such a good idea to book one of these... what do you guys think? I am in midst of planning a cruise and Glory might be one of my choices...

I couldn't get the previous photos to load so apologies if any of these are copies, but some really good shots here of the new waterworks area construction and also are they replacing the big screen on lido too??

gl1.jpg

gl2.jpg

gl3.jpg

gl4n.jpg

gl5.jpg

images upload

Is the first pic digital pixels?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url

I'm also curious what that gutted indoor space will he and what it was before. I can't figure out where that is on the ship. Any chance it's a red frog pub? Lol

Edited by mrak

I'm also curious what that gutted indoor space will he and what it was before. I can't figure out where that is on the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it might be redfrog pub as it is an interior room with windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url