VISTA Interior cabins--2 pieces of advice

CeleBrat

Just returned from last-week's VISTA 8-day, and we sailed in Interior cabin 6417. Be aware that this cabin is directly over the Ocean Plaza stage, so the band will keep you awake until after midnight. And to be clear, we couldn't hear the music. RAther, it was that annoying low thump-thump-thump of the bass that was making us CRAZY!!!

Also, interior cabins on the Vista don't have the standard 3-door closet set-up like the other Carnival ships. Instead of having 2 closets (to hang clothing) and 1 section with shelves, there was only (1) hang closet and (1) shelf closet. We were very crowded as a family of 4 in that cabin. (Thank goodness they didn't confiscate or remove my over-the-door sorter...don't flame.)

CeleBrat

Just returned from last-week's VISTA 8-day, and we sailed in Interior cabin 6417. Be aware that this cabin is directly over the Ocean Plaza stage, so the band will keep you awake until after midnight. And to be clear, we couldn't hear the music. RAther, it was that annoying low thump-thump-thump of the bass that was making us CRAZY!!!

Also, interior cabins on the Vista don't have the standard 3-door closet set-up like the other Carnival ships. Instead of having 2 closets (to hang clothing) and 1 section with shelves, there was only (1) hang closet and (1) shelf closet. We were very crowded as a family of 4 in that cabin. (Thank goodness they didn't confiscate or remove my over-the-door sorter...don't flame.)

CeleBrat

There is a sticky thread at the top of the main CC Carnival page that Sparks started about cabins. Please add this information there because this is very useful information. Thank you.

Good to hear about the shoe organizer.

I always try to book cabins with cabin decks above and below. Never over the promenade or under the Lido. I don't think the cabin being and interior or a balcony would have made any difference.

Good to hear about the shoe organizer.

I always try to book cabins with cabin decks above and below. Never over the promenade or under the Lido. I don't think the cabin being and interior or a balcony would have made any difference.

We never considered this, as we usually sail down on deck 1 or 2 :) I totally understand it now, and next time we will head back down to the basement, where it's quiet!

There is a sticky thread at the top of the main CC Carnival page that Sparks started about cabins. Please add this information there because this is very useful information. Thank you.

Thanks for letting me know--just cross-posted the info there.

CeleBrat

CeleBrat

They did away with one of the closets as each cabin now has it's own air conditioning / heating system. A few of the cabins do still have 3 closets. My 1A with portholes did.

We never considered this, as we usually sail down on deck 1 or 2 :) I totally understand it now, and next time we will head back down to the basement, where it's quiet!

Don't be afraid of the upper decks. They are very convenient to everything and if you look at the deck plans before you book, they can be super quiet. Zip up to pools, food, etc.

But I am sure the decks 1 and 2 are great as well!

CeleBrat

We had a Spa Interior and the closet space was very tiny. We doubled/tripled the shirts on the hangers to get everything in as this was a 11 day cruise.