I want to get on the ship first because.....

MMfan14

Be first to the Red Frog Pub to get a free draft. :D

I ask the Diamonds if they're going there so if they are I know I have no chance. Got there first once and they make a big deal out of it.

Then to the cabin to drop off stuff and see if all my orders are there. Once a fruit basket I ordered was sitting on a cart down the hall for over 2 hours until I helped myself to it.

I want to get on the ship early (not first) so that I can:

1) officially start my vacation;

2) eat lunch before it gets crowded;

3) explore the ship if it is new to me; and

4) lock my phone in the safe before work finds another reason to call

• 3 weeks later...

I want to get on the ship early because it will be the boyfriends first cruise and I want to see his face. I find it fun and relaxing at the same time!(Sept 26 cruise).

I want to get on early so my sister who has cancer can relax and start enjoying herself and just remove herself from the pressures of life. She is platinum so that makes it very nice. (August 29 cruise).

We like boarding as Platinum because we can drop off our bags and go up to the Lido Deck while it is pretty empty. Take some photos and get lunch before the herds show up. Then find a quite spot in serenity for the next two hours as the herds abuse the buffet. Then as they start exploring the ship we exit for our stateroom to unpack and relax on the balcony until the muster drill.

Honesty: Because I'm impatient and the anticipation is torture!

That being said, I would like to thank all of the priority boarding passengers in Galveston on our cruise last February for leaving me standing there in my fracture boot while most everyone had their luggage resting comfortably on adjacent chairs ... because once they started boarding I was able to hobble in ahead of just about everyone, since I was still standing there with all of my things and all ... I think DH & I were like 3rd & 4th on board after the wedding parties. So, that turned out well, afterall. lol 🙃

This! Also its a shame no one had manners enough to offer you a seat.

I want to get on the ship early because it will be the boyfriends first cruise and I want to see his face. I find it fun and relaxing at the same time!(Sept 26 cruise).

I want to get on early so my sister who has cancer can relax and start enjoying herself and just remove herself from the pressures of life. She is platinum so that makes it very nice. (August 29 cruise).

OH wow, I thought you were my sister for a minute. We are on the Sept 3rd cruise, I'm the platinum one with cancer. It's her first Carnival cruise. I've surprised her with a balcony.. hey, it may be my last cruise. I'm going to enjoy it! Blessings to your sister, hope she recovers.

You don't pay by the day, you pay for a set number of nights so technically as long as you are on the ship before it sails you are getting what you paid for.

Otherwise a cruise would be advertised as an 8 day cruise not a 7 night cruise.

Embarkation day is day 1 of your cruise so you might as well get on a soon as possible to have the most hours of your day 1.

Debarkation day is not a day of your cruise, it's day 1 for the next cruise. So be polite and debark as soon as you can so they can get the ship cleared for the next guests to start enjoying their day 1.

I don't care about being on the ship first, although I usually am among the first 25 or so since I'm Diamond.

I enjoy sitting in the Lobby watching others come aboard and seeing the joy and excitement on their faces. After a little people watching, visiting with crew we've known for years, and a couple of Bloody Mary's we go to our cabin just to drop our bags.

I don't really care when I get my luggage because I board the ship in clothes that are appropriate for the MDR, plus I have a change of clothes for the next morning in my carry on. I don't usually unpack until the next day.

Honesty: Because I'm impatient and the anticipation is torture!

That being said, I would like to thank all of the priority boarding passengers in Galveston on our cruise last February for leaving me standing there in my fracture boot while most everyone had their luggage resting comfortably on adjacent chairs ... because once they started boarding I was able to hobble in ahead of just about everyone, since I was still standing there with all of my things and all ... I think DH & I were like 3rd & 4th on board after the wedding parties. So, that turned out well, afterall. lol 🙃

Why didn't you take control of the situation and ask someone to move luggage so you can sit instead of complaining about having to stand afterwards?