I want to get on the ship first because.....

MMfan14

We've only done two family cruises, and our boarding experiences were completely different.

Without FTTF, boarding was delayed. Since we hoped to get right on the ship and eat but didn't, we were starving. When we finally did get on, everyone was at the buffet. Long lines, no place to sit, tons of carry on's everywhere. Such a grumpy, hungry, frustrating way to begin our cruise.

With FTTF, boarding was awesome!!! We boarded just after Platinum cruisers. Dropped off our carry on's to our room, met and gave a tip to our room steward, and headed up to Guys. No lines and plenty of places to sit. Grabbed a drink while my son was the first one in the pool. Next time, I'll be the first one in the pool!!! Enjoyed the less populated ship and got to watch everyone board the ship. What an experience! Definitely well worth the $59.95!!!

I don't care about being first, but I do care about getting on early because....

1. I've paid extra to fly in a day early, paid for a hotel room, and will be rested because of that and ready to enjoy the ship.

2. I've paid for that day on the ship and want to enjoy it and get my money's worth.

3. I know my cabin will be ready because I'm platinum.

4. I'm off work so I want to fully enjoy my hard-earned time off.

5. I tend to cruise more in off season so I'm always ready to get under the sunshine when it's cloudy at home.

Same here.

Take care,

Mike

I don't care about being first, but I do care about getting on early because....

1. I've paid extra to fly in a day early, paid for a hotel room, and will be rested because of that and ready to enjoy the ship.

2. I've paid for that day on the ship and want to enjoy it and get my money's worth.

3. I know my cabin will be ready because I'm platinum.

4. I'm off work so I want to fully enjoy my hard-earned time off.

5. I tend to cruise more in off season so I'm always ready to get under the sunshine when it's cloudy at home.

That's what i was gonna say!!! All of the above:D

So I can go to the excursion desk and get cabana #10 at HMC!

Race Ya!

I'm platinum, get there early and have Nikes. Take that as a challenge!

It's the best one of all, don't tell too many people, I'm not that fast.

Edited by BallFour4

I love dropping off luggage and DH's scooter(impossible on first day to get around with a scooter). Then heading for the MDR to be served a nice lunch with a bottle of wine. Now I am relaxed, full, have a little glow going and really feel like I am on my CRUISE. The lido is just to crazy and crowded, love to be on early to enjoy the MDR.:D

I love dropping off luggage and DH's scooter(impossible on first day to get around with a scooter). Then heading for the MDR to be served a nice lunch with a bottle of wine. Now I am relaxed, full, have a little glow going and really feel like I am on my CRUISE. The lido is just to crazy and crowded, love to be on early to enjoy the MDR.:D

the MDRs on Carnival are not open on embarkation day...... ????

Because boarding day IS the 1st day of your cruise...and you might as well get your money's worth!!!

Exactly! You paid for this day. If you are sitting in the terminal, you are paying to sit in the terminal.

That is not my only reason though, I really hate to wait in any line for any thing.

While the OP has been here 8 years, they only have 78 posts and what appears to be zero Carnival cruises. Probably not kidding :D

I just went to her old posts and yes, there is no other reference to Carnival:o:o However there is three other threads on this front page referring to FTTF to check.

We've only done two family cruises, and our boarding experiences were completely different.

Without FTTF, boarding was delayed. Since we hoped to get right on the ship and eat but didn't, we were starving. When we finally did get on, everyone was at the buffet. Long lines, no place to sit, tons of carry on's everywhere. Such a grumpy, hungry, frustrating way to begin our cruise.

With FTTF, boarding was awesome!!! We boarded just after Platinum cruisers. Dropped off our carry on's to our room, met and gave a tip to our room steward, and headed up to Guys. No lines and plenty of places to sit. Grabbed a drink while my son was the first one in the pool. Next time, I'll be the first one in the pool!!! Enjoyed the less populated ship and got to watch everyone board the ship. What an experience! Definitely well worth the $59.95!!!

Great job, this sums it up so well!

Exactly! You paid for this day. If you are sitting in the terminal, you are paying to sit in the terminal.

That is not my only reason though, I really hate to wait in any line for any thing.

I said this to another poster about lines....does anyone really "like" standing in line for anything....I think its a safe bet to say 99% of people hate standing in line

Edited by First and Ten

I don't care if I'm first what makes me mad is the people that worm there way ahead of you pushing a little trying to get on board 30 seconds before you. That is the worst part of getting on the ship. Being in the priority line is worse. On my last cruise there was more shoving and maneuvering and trying to get to the front, with people that had just arrived ignoring the people that were first in line. i laughed when they all rushed to the wrong exit of the room thinking that was the front of the line. Then when we got up stairs to the next waiting area is was worse again. To many ignorant people for me. I can't believe how a few minutes difference can make people that aggressive. If everybody behaved it would be a much better experience.

Because...

1. I am taking my 3 teenage boys on our first vacation...and they are beyond excited to explore and meet the other teens.

2. I have not been on a vacation in over 5 years and am excited to relax, have fun, and meet new people.

3. I want to enjoy every second...and like someone else said...the anticipation is killing me. Smile.

Everyone enjoy our cruise!