I want to get on the ship first because.....

MMfan14

Fill in the blanks.

I don't care about being first, but I do care about getting on early because....

1. I've paid extra to fly in a day early, paid for a hotel room, and will be rested because of that and ready to enjoy the ship.

2. I've paid for that day on the ship and want to enjoy it and get my money's worth.

3. I know my cabin will be ready because I'm platinum.

4. I'm off work so I want to fully enjoy my hard-earned time off.

5. I tend to cruise more in off season so I'm always ready to get under the sunshine when it's cloudy at home.

I don't care about getting on first. I just want to get on early enough that I can relax and start my day that I'm paying for. Don't want to pay for day 1 and not get to enjoy it on board the ship relaxing.

You don't pay by the day, you pay for a set number of nights so technically as long as you are on the ship before it sails you are getting what you paid for.

Otherwise a cruise would be advertised as an 8 day cruise not a 7 night cruise.

As far as I'm concerned, I am paying from the time I set foot on that ship to the time disembark. The more I can maximize on the time the better. I want to get on board, drop my bags at my room, grab some lunch and hit my balcony ASAP.

If I have to be on the ship to "get the day I paid for" can I get off the ship in any of the other ports? This logic says no. This logic says if I get off to explore a port I am not "getting the day I paid for" because I am not on the ship.

Another few questions -- do I have to stay on until the last person gets off the day we disembark to make sure I get that day I paid for as well? Maybe I didn't pay for that day? Maybe I paid for that day and not the day we board. How do I know? If I board late, can I get off late to make sure I get the right amount of time that I paid for?

This is all making my head hurt.

I think I will just continue to explore ports (including the one we board in - even if I have been there a zillion times before), board late to avoid the lines and my cabin will be ready. I may have lunch at a really cool place in the port where we board which will cost less than FTTF, be less of a mob scene. I may ask for a late check out at the hotel, never been denied, never paid more for a late check out. I can enjoy a lazy morning -- Yup -- not starting my vacation all in a frenzy because I have to "get what I paid for" because this logic just doesn't work for me.

Just a different way to look at it -- not everyone's cup of tea but it's my way and just as I respect those that have a different way of doing things, I know the posters on this thread will respect my view as well if they choose to respond.

If I have to be on the ship to "get the day I paid for" can I get off the ship in any of the other ports? This logic says no. This logic says if I get off to explore a port I am not "getting the day I paid for" because I am not on the ship.

Another few questions -- do I have to stay on until the last person gets off the day we disembark to make sure I get that day I paid for as well? Maybe I didn't pay for that day? Maybe I paid for that day and not the day we board. How do I know? If I board late, can I get off late to make sure I get the right amount of time that I paid for?

This is all making my head hurt.

I think I will just continue to explore ports (including the one we board in - even if I have been there a zillion times before), board late to avoid the lines and my cabin will be ready. I may have lunch at a really cool place in the port where we board which will cost less than FTTF, be less of a mob scene. I may ask for a late check out at the hotel, never been denied, never paid more for a late check out. I can enjoy a lazy morning -- Yup -- not starting my vacation all in a frenzy because I have to "get what I paid for" because this logic just doesn't work for me.

Just a different way to look at it -- not everyone's cup of tea but it's my way and just as I respect those that have a different way of doing things, I know the posters on this thread will respect my view as well if they choose to respond.

I agree. One's Carnival VIFP level definitely plays a role in the answer to the OP's question. And that tends to be a realistic approach for most of us. Once you've earned certain perks through loyalty and $$ spent, most of us want to enjoy those perks.

And I think most of us would agree that cruise day of debarkation offers nothing more than a quick breakfast so we'd like to enjoy that paid cruising day on embarkation day instead.

You don't pay by the day, you pay for a set number of nights so technically as long as you are on the ship before it sails you are getting what you paid for.

Otherwise a cruise would be advertised as an 8 day cruise not a 7 night cruise.

Typically have a long drive home so we want to get off early.

Having said that we want the first day to be as long as possible.

You absolutely can stay on ship on port days if you choose to, or you can get off, that's the great part about port days it's a choice. Just like getting to port early and getting on is a choice. See how simple that is :p

Honesty: Because I'm impatient and the anticipation is torture!

That being said, I would like to thank all of the priority boarding passengers in Galveston on our cruise last February for leaving me standing there in my fracture boot while most everyone had their luggage resting comfortably on adjacent chairs ... because once they started boarding I was able to hobble in ahead of just about everyone, since I was still standing there with all of my things and all ... I think DH & I were like 3rd & 4th on board after the wedding parties. So, that turned out well, afterall. lol 🙃

Edited by christyran1228

Sooooooo many reasons

So I can book a cabana at HMC

So I can explore and not worry about too many people

So I can enjoy the ship when it is quiet

So I can book the behind the scene tour

So I can sit and enjoy my first DOD while the pool deck is not packed

So I can get me a Guy's burger

So I can have first pick at the yummy desserts

So I can sit an enjoy a mango magic and some frogs balls on the swing at Red Frog Pub

I would say to get me the tervis tumblers from Blue Iguana & Red Frog Rum Bar, but I already have one of each!

Hmmm, have I left anything out????

Because it will have been approximately 360 days since I stepped off of my last cruise. And if I'm not back on a ship as fast as I possibly can be then I may just have a nervous breakdown!!:D