Sabrett Wiener stands on Breakaway

Lvnmylife85

Hey folks,

I remember admiring the features of the Breakaway since before they started building it and recall that in honor of the New york theme, there would be Sabrett hot dog carts on deck somewhere. Did these ever make an appearance? If so, are they still there? I don't see them listed anywhere on the NCL website. I know this couldn't have been part of my imagination lol Let me know if they got axed.

Thanks!:)

They had limited hours. The one by the pool they stored it at the bottom of the stairs going up to Uptown Grill on the starboard side. I think it was around 11:30 the day I noticed him getting it ready then he went and parked by the bar between the two pools.

I also saw a cart one day mid afternoon on 7 or 8 just forward of the atrium.

Edited by dexddd

They might be cleaner but when I had them - on 3 separate occasions - they were nowhere near hot!!

That is awesome news! Thank you both!!! I expect them to actually be cleaner since its NCL rather than those dirty water dogs that NYC street vendors sell lol

I was on a hunt to find the stand also (finally did on the last sea day). The hours are very limited as mentioned. On our sailing they only offered on the 3 days that were fully at sea (Mon, Tues, and Sat). The hours were 3:00-4:30 on Saturday of our sailing, not sure if they were open longer on Monday or Tuesday. I also agree with the above poster on the taste, I was slightly disappointed so don't get your hopes up for the real=deal NY hot dog experience, but it was certainly a fun little novelty. Have fun! The Breakaway is a beautiful ship :)

Yes, they are quite elusive. The one was parked when not in use in the place I mentioned above. We happened to be going to Uptown Grill and saw it parked there getting readied so I followed him and got in line which grew quickly.

They should make a game out of - can you find the hot dog carts - maybe they could even put it on their IConcierge app.

Yes, they are quite elusive. The one was parked when not in use in the place I mentioned above. We happened to be going to Uptown Grill and saw it parked there getting readied so I followed him and got in line which grew quickly.

They should make a game out of - can you find the hot dog carts - maybe they could even put it on their IConcierge app.

This is really a great idea!

On our cruise we were looking for it for 2 days...finally asked a man and a woman at the customer service desk, neither knew about the hot dog cart :eek:

We finally found it between the main pool and the slides around lunch time.

They serve so many hot dog, they do not have time to get really hot before being served to pax.

That is awesome news! Thank you both!!! I expect them to actually be cleaner since its NCL rather than those dirty water dogs that NYC street vendors sell lol

HEY<<<Don't dis my dirty water hot dogs!!! I LOVE THEM.

You can find the carts easily either by Spice H20 or in the Atruim,,,, check freestyle daily for times. Had them all the time on our trips, even the 2 day CTN

Safe sailing

HEY<<<Don't dis my dirty water hot dogs!!! I LOVE THEM.

You can find the carts easily either by Spice H20 or in the Atruim,,,, check freestyle daily for times. Had them all the time on our trips, even the 2 day CTN

Safe sailing

Our Freestyle Daily never mentioned the place and time...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app