Live Review - Anthem of the Seas - Maiden Voyage - 22nd April

Since I booked the cruise I have been looking forward to trying out all of the nice smart features.

I'm a bit of a quantum class fan and certainly love the idea of Dynamic Dining and complete control with a phone app.

After reading hundreds of negatives about the launch of quantum I got a bit worried about being on the anthem maiden. I have decided that these reviews were probably down to the mind set of some of passengers and others not 'getting' the new features. It's fair to say I probably embracing these smart changes and can't wait to get on board!

All of our restaurants and entertainment have been pre-booked.

For port days I would normally have some private and DIY excursions lined up - however I've not really had a chance to plan anything this time so everything will be spur of the moment! I think the reason for my lack of forward planning for these ports are that they don't really excite me - the holiday is more for the ship itself and being on the maiden (and the prices were also great - being from Scotland that is the most important thing!)

The negative pre cruise has been the online cruise planner - it was very time consuming to plan all of our restaurants, I done mines around six months ago. However, when I booked ifly and shows around a month ago things seemed to go a bit more smoothly so I don't know if royal have tried to sort that out.

I'm off to work just now but will keep an eye on the forum then it's an evening of frantic packing ahead!

Edited by cynicalscotsman

Definitely, definitely yes please!!! Could I ask one favour? Please could you find out if Devinly Decadence is complimentary for dinner. There are so many conflicting opinions out there I would just like to know for definite. Many thanks and have a brilliant cruise :):):)

Definitely, definitely yes please!!! Could I ask one favour? Please could you find out if Devinly Decadence is complimentary for dinner. There are so many conflicting opinions out there I would just like to know for definite. Many thanks and have a brilliant cruise :):):)

We have devinly decadence booked for night 6 so will keep you updated!

DO IT...

I hope they have the high speed internet in place for you on this cruise

Please let us know aboyt internet speed - I did Quantum Maiden Transatlantic from Southampton, and we only got slow internet until we were close to Bayonne. I'll be back for a short Anthem sailing April 30.

Please let us know aboyt internet speed - I did Quantum Maiden Transatlantic from Southampton, and we only got slow internet until we were close to Bayonne. I'll be back for a short Anthem sailing April 30.

I'm hoping they will have it working from day 1 as she will be in southampton until November!

After reading hundreds of negatives about the launch of quantum I got a bit worried about being on the anthem maiden. I have decided that these reviews were probably down to the mind set of some of passengers and others not 'getting' the new features. It's fair to say I probably embracing these smart changes and can't wait to get on board!

I hope you have a great time on Anthem Inaugural.

I have friends doing this sailing too who were also on Quantum Maiden and I will be very interested to hear how different things are on AN compared to QN.

QN was most definetly "broken" on her Maiden voyage and it had nothing what so ever to do with the mind set of passengers.

If RCCL had not thought their 6 day old ship was "broken" they would not on the morning of day two have said every single guest would receive a certificate to be used for a future cruise.

I reallllly hope they did learn something from the QN launch and I hope you all on the Anthem Inaugural have a fabulous time.

From a fellow Brit, we need a proper tech review. I am just like you and loving the tech this ship has on offer. I sail in July 2015.

There are also alot of questions that only you could answer for us whilst on board.

Here is one for starters: Jamies Italian looks to be now ala carte, those who have prepaid, do they get a refund of OBC or do they get the meal the purchased without ala carte prices?

Also I had a friend from the States on board for the two day sailing press launch on Sunday and she said the internet was as fast as at home in all venues and in cabin. So that seems to be working at full potential.

Enjoy your cruise first and post when you have the time, we are all watching and waiting for titbits of news.

Here is one for starters: Jamies Italian looks to be now ala carte, those who have prepaid, do they get a refund of OBC or do they get the meal the purchased without ala carte prices?

On another thread an RCI rep on board Anthem now has confirmed in writing that bookings made prior to the change will be honoured as a set fee.