Oceania Cruises Announces New Dining Venues on Sirena

Brittany C

Hi there,

Thought you O cruisers would be interested to learn about the dining venues announced this morning for Sirena -- debuting April 2016 -- which include a brand-new concept for the line: Tuscan Steak.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6564

Cheers!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

Edited by Brittany C

The most interesting thing about this announcement, different from the other thread on the subject, is that the Grand Dining Room will be transformed into Jacques Bistro at lunch! This should be fabulous news for those, like me, who find Jacques among my favorite restaurants on Marina/Riviera. It might actually tempt me to visit the GDR at lunchtime instead of the Waves Grill! ?Best of all, there will be no need for reservations.

Now, the biggest problem will be having a simple dinner on the evenings that I lunch at Jacques Bistro. I'm still an advocate of opening Waves on some evenings to serve comfort food (fish & chips, bbq ribs, mac'n cheese etc.), especially on the long cruises when the gourmet food gets to be too much.

What's nice about transforming the GDR to Jacques during lunch is you can have Jacque's food without an advance reservation.

Well you may still need a reservation ;)

I did not care for Jacques but that is just me

The most interesting thing about this announcement, different from the other thread on the subject, is that the Grand Dining Room will be transformed into Jacques Bistro at lunch! This should be fabulous news for those, like me, who find Jacques among my favorite restaurants on Marina/Riviera. It might actually tempt me to visit the GDR at lunchtime instead of the Waves Grill! ?Best of all, there will be no need for reservations.

Now, the biggest problem will be having a simple dinner on the evenings that I lunch at Jacques Bistro. I'm still an advocate of opening Waves on some evenings to serve comfort food (fish & chips, bbq ribs, mac'n cheese etc.), especially on the long cruises when the gourmet food gets to be too much.

While I understand the desire for Waves to keep open some evenings arn't you forgetting the huge mix and match that you can do at the Terrace????

You can really make some really delightful combinations that should suit any taste.... On a 34 day cruise we ate quite a few lite fun meals which went way beyond the Waves menu in scope .

It will be interesting to see what will end up in the Tuscan Steak house menu.

At least I will be assisting Red Ginger lovers by leaving my reservations on the table for them...