Cabin by Concierge Lounge

jw_406

I'm preparing to book a Concierge Level Veranda cabin on the Marina and curious if anyone knows if the entrance into the Concierge Lounge is on the odd or even numbered hallway, or maybe there is a door to enter on both sides? If cabins are available, I'm thinking it might be nice to be near the lounge to grab a quick cup of coffee first thing in the morning. (Granted.... walking down the hall wouldn't be horrible.) ;)

Also, for anyone that has had a cabin near the door to the Concierge Lounge, does it ever get loud due to people coming and going and/or maybe lingering outside.

While I'm asking questions about cabin placement - any recommendations on requesting a cabin on the starboard vs. port side? Would love to get a cabin on the side that the cruise most likely will dock at the various ports (we're doing London to Copenhagen), but I get the impression it's pretty much a crap shoot and difficult to predict.

Thanks to anyone that can provide some info - I greatly appreciate it!

We had cabin 9027 on the Riveria, which is on the starboard side. It was a Mediterranean cruise and I'd say we saw a fair bit of scenery. Although having said that, I don't think it matters either way. It was nice being close to the concierge lounge - my husband is an early riser and would often get a coffee and sit on our balcony. It's a nice perk and although some don't feel it's worth the price for a concierge veranda stateroom, I thought it was worth it. I like having a balcony and felt there was plenty of room for us.

We have never cruised with Oceania before and we are looking at a cruise in the med next summer.

We have chosen a concierge level stateroom( not yet booked).From what I can see they are all on deck 9.please could you advise me on what stateroom to book or not book ?

We chose this grade for the use of the spa facilities mainly,hoping to sit outside in a quiet area.

Thank you for your help.

Jane.

We have never cruised with Oceania before and we are looking at a cruise in the med next summer.

We have chosen a concierge level stateroom( not yet booked).From what I can see they are all on deck 9.please could you advise me on what stateroom to book or not book ?

We chose this grade for the use of the spa facilities mainly,hoping to sit outside in a quiet area.

Thank you for your help.

Jane.

The Concierge cabins are mostly on deck 9, although there are two on Deck 10 (10006, 10007), and there are others scattered around the ship.

201233.jpg

For example, there are 4 of them (12002 through 12005, inclusive) on Deck 12.

020635.jpg

As well as another six on Deck 11 (11040 through 11045; 11064 & 11067)

There are different advantages to each location. Deck 12 is an exceptionally quiet deck, very convenient to the Pool Deck, Culinary Center and the Artists Loft and exclusive because the majority of your neighbors will be sailing in the best Suites on the ship. On the other hand, Deck 12 is the one passenger cabin deck without a self service laundry.

A Deck 11 position will put you closer to the Concierge Lounge (Although Deck 9 would be still near as the Lounge is on that deck), and both 9 & 11 have Laundries just a few yards down the hall ;)

Riviera-7843.JPG

Edited by StanandJim

Thank you for your replies and images( and fonzy)!!

We are looking at A4...By the looks of the replies so far there aren't any DO NOT HAVE cabins..!

I am sure I will come up with a few more queries if we book today..Looks a lovely company.We did Regent last December and although a lovely ship and great staff,there were many 'hiccups'..

Thank you for your replies and images( and fonzy)!!

We are looking at A4...By the looks of the replies so far there aren't any DO NOT HAVE cabins..!

I am sure I will come up with a few more queries if we book today..Looks a lovely company.We did Regent last December and although a lovely ship and great staff,there were many 'hiccups'..

If you have a problem with the "motion of the ocean" I would book something near the aft or not forward of the front elevator bank

It seems less motion in the middle or aft... to me anyway

We have booked 9011,near the lounge so hubby can get early morning tea!

Why wouldn't he use Room service for early morning tea service?

The Concierge Lounge is a lovely option, particularly because it is unique to Oceania in its' being available to Non-Suite passengers, but I'd much rather be served than deal with self service in the Lounge.

8631769183_82d41b671f_b.jpg

Maybe so hubby can leave her sleeping undisturbed in the cabin and walk across the corridor to get his tea and watch telly or read or ?? Besides, we often found room service tea water was served in carafes that previously held coffee......yuck! The taste of coffee mixed with tea is not nice!

Maybe so hubby can leave her sleeping undisturbed in the cabin and walk across the corridor to get his tea and watch telly or read or ?? Besides, we often found room service tea water was served in carafes that previously held coffee......yuck! The taste of coffee mixed with tea is not nice!

I definitely do not sleep in..ha ha..But you are right about coffee in pots that contain tea.We have had this numerous times and as I don't drink coffee I am very sensitive to it.Often tasting it in cups!!

My dear husband always pops out to get the morning tea as I would have 'prepare' myself for the public if I went! ;)

• 5 months later...

Maybe I'm weird, but I'd rather step down the hall to get my own coffee (exactly when I want to, perhaps while my spouse is still asleep) rather than to call it in and wait for it (or worse, plan it the night before and then HAVE to get up at a certain time to be ready for it). I don't want to make sure both of us are out of bed and dressed in order to greet the server decently, be polite to somebody that early in the morning, watch it being wheeled in, etc.

Thank you for your help.

Jane.

9022 is a good one.