Exciting news

munch1

Can you post a link? I can't see it on the Azamaraclubcruises site I'm looking at. Hopefully it will be the much awaited 2019 itineraries.

When you go into Azamaraclubcruises.com , change your country to Canada or USA

Larry Pimentel tweeted on Sunday:

"Brand enhancement comes next Wednesday as we announce our new expanded bespoke land product. Stay Longer, See More!"

I assume that's tomorrow's exiting news.

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

Per Bonnie MacLaird's Azamara Blog:

"Bespoke is an adjective for anything commissioned to a particular specification. It may be altered or tailored to the customs, tastes or usage of an individual purchaser. Synonyms are 'custom-made', 'made to order', and 'made to measure'. Antonyms are 'Off-the-shelf' and 'ready-to-wear'."

So, I guess the announcement will be about custom tailored excursions. Maybe overnight land excursions during a cruise? Just a guess!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting - but Bonnie can I suggest a spelling change or you will really upset many Scottish readers - if you visit a distillery in Scotland you will see the distillation of whisky - there is no "e" in the creation of Scotch.

Bonnie,

I have been checking out this new programme and would normally be interested in the

10 night Classic Grand Prix and Med Voyage departing on 5th May 2018.

BUT, according to the itinerary the ship will be in Monte Carlo on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th May, 2018.

As far as I can ascertain, the Monaco Grand Prix is, so far, scheduled for Sunday 27th May, 2018 - two weeks later!

I was in Monte Carlo in 2015 for the 73rd Monaco Grand Prix, so in 2018 it will be the 76th Grand Prix.

What I have noticed is that the voyage is titled Classic Grand Prix, but further reference to the race is Monaco Grand Prix. Very confusing and misleading. The Classic Grand Prix is a race featuring historic cars and needs to be made clearer and is on 13th May, 2018.

Hopefully you will be able to contact the Land Discoveries team who will take a look and clarify the description of this excursion.

Thanks, Paul.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi uktog,

I had spotted the error, but have been engrossed in writing the above observation. So glad you picked up on the spelling of whisky!! Irish and American whiskey has the 'e' of course!!

Paul.

Interesting - but Bonnie can I suggest a spelling change or you will really upset many Scottish readers - if you visit a distillery in Scotland you will see the distillation of whisky - there is no "e" in the creation of Scotch.

I've sent this correction along to our tour department. Hopefully they'll fix the error quickly. Thanks for letting us know :)

Bonnie,

I have been checking out this new programme and would normally be interested in the

10 night Classic Grand Prix and Med Voyage departing on 5th May 2018.

BUT, according to the itinerary the ship will be in Monte Carlo on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th May, 2018.

As far as I can ascertain, the Monaco Grand Prix is, so far, scheduled for Sunday 27th May, 2018 - two weeks later!

I was in Monte Carlo in 2015 for the 73rd Monaco Grand Prix, so in 2018 it will be the 76th Grand Prix.

What I have noticed is that the voyage is titled Classic Grand Prix, but further reference to the race is Monaco Grand Prix. Very confusing and misleading. The Classic Grand Prix is a race featuring historic cars and needs to be made clearer and is on 13th May, 2018.

Hopefully you will be able to contact the Land Discoveries team who will take a look and clarify the description of this excursion.

Thanks, Paul.

Hello comas,

I've sent your feedback along to our LD tour department as well.

Sorry for the confusion.

Whilst I love the idea, having looked at these for my voyage in May, I am gobsmacked at the prices. I'm a keen cook, love food, and enjoy wandering local markets, yet the price for a four hour tour in Livorno visiting a local market, choosing food for a shipboard dinner later that evening and visiting a brewery sampling 4 beers with focaccia is £270 each! 😨 Sorry, I'll pass!!

Whilst I love the idea, having looked at these for my voyage in May, I am gobsmacked at the prices. I'm a keen cook, love food, and enjoy wandering local markets, yet the price for a four hour tour in Livorno visiting a local market, choosing food for a shipboard dinner later that evening and visiting a brewery sampling 4 beers with focaccia is £270 each! 😨 Sorry, I'll pass!!

Holy cow. That's completely out of line.