Adult only pool?

detroitlions

The way I read the NCL rules is that the adult only pool is for anyone 12 and over? Also it says children 16 years old and older need adult supervision in the hot tubs? Anyone else see this differently?

Yup. It's great that the teens don't have to be in the kiddy pool.

But it did cause some confusion on the star this year. The getaway I don't remember the signs we thought it was for certain hot tubs. I think maybe they should clear this up on the ships. My son is 13 and did not know which ones he could go in

But it did cause some confusion on the star this year. The getaway I don't remember the signs we thought it was for certain hot tubs. I think maybe they should clear this up on the ships. My son is 13 and did not know which ones he could go in

This past October on the Dawn every child 4-16 yrs old was in the main pool. Lots of kids with swimmies and life jackets. Very little adult supervision. The hot tubs were even worse. Completely packed with kids. This was the first cruise I have ever been on where we never got to use the pools or hot tubs the entire cruise. Almost no adults were able to access them due to hoards of kids morning til night. We bought the spa thermal suite package just to use a pool and hot tub. NCL even had a crew member poolside on stage to watch the kids because no one else was. The crew never enforced the age requirements any where.

This past October on the Dawn every child 4-16 yrs old was in the main pool. Lots of kids with swimmies and life jackets. Very little adult supervision. The hot tubs were even worse. Completely packed with kids. This was the first cruise I have ever been on where we never got to use the pools or hot tubs the entire cruise. Almost no adults were able to access them due to hoards of kids morning til night. We bought the spa thermal suite package just to use a pool and hot tub. NCL even had a crew member poolside on stage to watch the kids because no one else was. The crew never enforced the age requirements any where.

After the Dawn drydock there is only one pool by the main pool area on 12 plus 4 hot tubs. The back kids pool is best maybe for someone 8 years old or so. They used to have 2 hot tubs that were adults only by the main pool. Whether that is enforced or not - not sure - but the main pool has always been available to all ages.

Edited by dexddd

I rarely get in the pool if so its just to cool off. But I would rather the kids be in the pools and on the slides or the sports deck than running around doing nothing but running around if you know what I mean. My son likes to keep active and when he is not he is spending money in the arcade which I limit him because it starts to add up on your bill. I wish they all had the money/token machines So I can say here is a 10 or a 20 that is it. I recall they used to have these on carnival.

That's because there isn't a "kiddy pool" on the Escape. There is a family pool for all ages that is the same size as the adult pool, but not as deep. Hardly a "kiddy pool". I prefer swimming in that one, since it's not crowded with people sitting all around the edges.

That's because there isn't a "kiddy pool" on the Escape. There is a family pool for all ages that is the same size as the adult pool, but not as deep. Hardly a "kiddy pool". I prefer swimming in that one, since it's not crowded with people sitting all around the edges.

We used that pool as well! Hardly any kids in it as they were too busy having fun on the slides, etc. It was also great for keeping an eye on our daughter while she was in the water park.

The posted signs next to the pool and hot tubs on the Escape last march said 16 and over for adult only.

The way I read the NCL rules is that the adult only pool is for anyone 12 and over?

Also it says children 16 years old and older need adult supervision in the hot tubs?

Anyone else see this differently?

Hmm, so which is it on the Escape? Anyone know? I'm talking about the main pool, not the hot tubs.

Our daughters will be 16 and 13 if we cruise the escape next year. It would nice for my 13 year old not to be limited to the "kids" pool.

Kindly,

Dan

Thank you very much. So no-go for my 13 year old, but it does open up to all after that 5-6pm timeframe?

Dan

It did on our sailing last year.

The family pool is more than adequate for a 13 year old. The tiny kids were on the water park anyways. Have a great time...I can't wait to go again in the future!

Cruise ship crew have gotten so politically correct they do not offend families by enforcing the rules. Adult pools should be for 16+ and older. People pay good money not to have some parts of the ship designated for adults turn into Chuckie Cheese.