Why is FTTF more $ on some ships?

Esmeralda Kitty

Just curious.... I am on one of the Valor cruises out of Canaveral that is now on the Liberty. I bought FTTF before the switch and it was $49.95. I wanted to know if there were any left so checked and saw it is now $59.95. I did a search on the price and saw the listing that shows the price is based on the number of cruise days except for certain ships. If the Valor and the Liberty are sister ships and we were told it was an almost even swap, why would the price be higher?

I searched for an answer and didn't find one. I was wondering if it was originally more due to port capacity but now the port has changed. I figured someone on this forum would know.

TIA for your insights.

Just curious.... I am on one of the Valor cruises out of Canaveral that is now on the Liberty. I bought FTTF before the switch and it was $49.95. I wanted to know if there were any left so checked and saw it is now $59.95. I did a search on the price and saw the listing that shows the price is based on the number of cruise days except for certain ships. If the Valor and the Liberty are sister ships and we were told it was an almost even swap, why would the price be higher?

I searched for an answer and didn't find one. I was wondering if it was originally more due to port capacity but now the port has changed. I figured someone on this forum would know.

TIA for your insights.

Prices starting from per stateroom:

$49.95 USD - 2 day and 3 day cruises

$49.95 USD - 4 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

$59.95 USD - 4 day cruises (Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

$69.95 USD - 5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory)

$59.95 USD - 5 day cruises (Carnival Sensation and Carnival Victory)

$69.95 USD - 6 day and 7 day cruises

$79.95 USD - 8 day cruises and longer

$49.95 USD - 4 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

$59.95 USD - 4 day cruises (Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory)

Thanks. I am aware of the price structure, my question was WHY it would be different on ships of the same size/class such as the Valor and Liberty.

Edited by Esmeralda Kitty
Forgot to say thanks.

Varies based on sailing length

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

It's not just sail length.

OP my guess is that they've spent alot of time figuring out exactly how to maximize profit, which is why it's not all according to cruise duration. Eventually I can see it going to $100pp flat across the board.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Call Carnival and ask? Not sure why you would prefer speculation over fact.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

This board is about asking questions. And what makes you think anyone at Carnival who answers such a call will know for sure themselves?

Being that some cruises of the same length leaving from the same port are priced different, it's obviously more than just being based on cruise length. I don't know why people keep saying that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Could it be based on the upgrades on the ships. So even if both ships are the same class one may have been updated recently which causes things on it to be more expensive.

Just my assumption.

Thank you! That was an answer that make sense.

I am aware prices change by area, season, demand, etc. But having all cruises of the same class ship and the same length priced different for FTTF was perplexing. I'm glad I secured the deal early and hope they rebate the extra for those moved from Liberty to Valor.

TIA for your insights.

Price keeps going up because foolish people keep buying it so they can get on the ship a few minutes before the rest etc. We will spend our $$ more wisely.

You crack me up. I always look for your posts on this topic. You DESPISE FTTF.......But for some, they like it, and if that's how they choose to spend their money, so be it.

We buy it for every cruise!:D:D

After spending 4K for a cruise, what's another $80? In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing.....

To each their own.......

It's not just sail length.

. Eventually I can see it going to $100pp flat across the board.

And that is when we'll probably start pulling the "disabled person" card more often.

We don't typically ask for anything special when we cruise, outside of being able to go to the special needs safety drill since experience has taught us that our son (who is autistic) doesn't tolerate the regular safety drill too well (too many people crowded in a small place, sometimes overpowering smells which often included perfume, BO, etc, sometimes standing in the heat with no air flow due to being directly under the life boats. Yeah..it was not fun. For anybody. Least of all him). We HAVE pulled the "disabled person who needs to get on first" card in the past...but ONLY when we weren't able to purchase FTTF. We always try to purchase FTTF before pulling the disabled card. Because we'd rather do it that way since that's how a NORMAL person would get to board first (or close to first anyway). We don't want to teach him that you get to pull the disabled card any old time you feel like it...only when it's really really necessary.

When did that start. I was 49.95 for 8 days on tbe sunshine in aug and 49.95 for 14 days on the pride in march

You crack me up. I always look for your posts on this topic. You DESPISE FTTF.......But for some, they like it, and if that's how they choose to spend their money, so be it.

We buy it for every cruise!:D:D

After spending 4K for a cruise, what's another $80? In the grand scheme of things, it's nothing.....

To each their own.......

Alot to me. But then again, I've never paid $4K for a cruise.

It is completely a personal choice. They lost me with the first increase. ;)

The OP should just quit trying to figure it out. By the time they do, it'll go up again. lol

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I book a trip on the Valor out of Port Canaveral for April 2017 and the price was $49.95. Now we are moved to the Liberty and I see the price is $59.95.

I'm glad we got the price when we did. It doesn't make sense why it would go up $10.

Edited by Salem615

There is absolutely no reason for the price increases/differences. The benefits of FTTF do not change from ship to ship or from sailing to sailing. It costs the same amount for the company no matter how many days or which ship. This is purely Carnival's team surveying which ships and sailings sell the most FTTF and increasing the prices to maximize their profits.

The only argument that I see could be made is that longer sailings tend to have more tender ports. However, it doesn't matter who is on the tender or what order they got on. The tenders will still have to take everyone ashore who wants to go ashore, and bring them back. It's not like they have to make extra trips to accommodate FTTF.