Verizon in San Juan

golf4me2010

On Anthem stopping in San Juan. What's the latest on using your Verizon cell here? The Verizon tool says we have talk, text and 2G-4G data. Can I assume I can use my cell freely without worry?

I see some older posts on this topic but wanted a fresh answer. Thanks

I picked up my new Verizon Galaxy J3 Eclipse smart phone and I made the same inquiry to Verizon. I was told that in San Juan and St. Thomas there is no problem and will not cost extra since they are US possessions The other posts I do not care about, I do have a total of 350 free internet minutes and free calling on board since I am a platinum and sailing in a suite, But not sailing till December, 2017 and never had or tried these things in the past so will not find out till then If it does not work out no real lose and know not to fall for that again, I will not my PCC I have been working with for years and have not let me astray yet and have beep very happy with her and she has done anything she can for me

Spent 8 days this past April and my Verizon Stylo 2 phone had horrible phone service. When connected via a WiFi, no problem with internet, etc. Constant roaming when walking around town and on the beaches. Talked with locals about the coverage and they laughed at Verizon.

Spent several days in Puerto Rico in February, cell coverage was fine and just as if I were at home on my Verizon Galaxy S7. Some places the internet was spotty but I had no trouble using it in San Juan at all.

• 2 weeks later...

In PR now. I called before coming and they said it was included in our plan. When we landed none of the phones worked. I called *611 and they said something wasnt turned on. Took about 15 min on the phone a nd they fixed it. Reception is OK, not great but ive had worse.

We used our phones on Verizon in San Juan, no problem, last summer. I have a Google Nexus 6P, the wife has an iPhone 6, and SIL has a Samsung Galaxy (don't recall the model). All worked fine for calling, texting, and surfing. Data speeds seemed a bit slower than home, but perfectly usable. Did a video call with our daughter after returning to the ship. Worked fine.

We used our phones on Verizon in San Juan, no problem, last summer. I have a Google Nexus 6P, the wife has an iPhone 6, and SIL has a Samsung Galaxy (don't recall the model). All worked fine for calling, texting, and surfing. Data speeds seemed a bit slower than home, but perfectly usable. Did a video call with our daughter after returning to the ship. Worked fine.

Haha... I have a 6p and going to San Juan in October. Thanks for the post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most plans with most US carriers include Puerto Rico and the USVI same as within the rest of the US. But call your customer service and ask to be sure. (1) you may need to have something turned on, there is a lot of fraud blocking going on these days. (2) your plan might be old and not include them, so call and don't be surprised!