8:45am flight possible w/Express walk off-Allure

acrn

Just two us, planning express walk off, (off the Allure). I'm reading all over that "early express walk off" is super quick and efficient. If I was to get in line at 6:00am-6:15 am could I make to airport by 7:45am? I know this is cutting it close, but if I 'm going through the trouble of getting up and of early, I don't want to sit in an airport for hours (2) if I don't have to. Thanks in advance!

There is a good chance that you will miss your flight, especially if you have to check luggage in. If you do decide to chance it, you are right, you need to go down to disembark really early so that you are towards the front, if you can figure out where the front is. I haven't done express walk off on Allure, but on the ships I have done it, there was no discernable line to stand in. It was more like a sea of people.

Just two us' date=' planning express walk off, (off the Allure). I'm reading all over that "early express walk off" is super quick and efficient. If I was to get in line at 6:00am-6:15 am could I make to airport by 7:45am? I know this is cutting it close, but if I 'm going through the trouble of getting up and of early, I don't want to sit in an airport for hours (2) if I don't have to. Thanks in advance![/quote']

No way you'll make this flight.

too close for comfort......if the ship is even a few minutes late getting cleared you will miss the flight..because of the sequester there are cut backs with customs which slows things down also

The Allure? That early a flight with luggage that needs to be checked at the airport? With TSA lines? :eek:

Just arriving at the airport an hour ahead of flight time is NOT going to get you to your gate on time. If you have booked this flight, I would start looking into alternative flights out the next day and vacancies in hotels. Most later flights out of FT L will be full. So you could end up spending the night. If you are worried now, can you imagine as you near the disembarkation day? Sitting at an airport for only two hours is a GOOD flight plan for most people.

Edited by eandj

The Allure? That early a flight with luggage that needs to be checked at the airport? With TSA lines? :eek:

Just arriving at the airport an hour ahead of flight time is NOT going to get you to your gate on time. If you have booked this flight, I would start looking into alternative flights out the next day and vacancies in hotels. Most later flights out of FT L will be full. So you could end up spending the night. If you are worried now, can you imagine as you near the disembarkation day? Sitting at an airport for only two hours is a GOOD flight plan for most people.

Ok, thanks everybody! I'll trust your opinions and take the later flight out! I appreciate all the responses and all the information provided here on the forums. Having help has made my 1st cruise planning much easier!!

Angie

Just two us' date=' planning express walk off, (off the Allure). I'm reading all over that "early express walk off" is super quick and efficient. If I was to get in line at 6:00am-6:15 am could I make to airport by 7:45am? I know this is cutting it close, but if I 'm going through the trouble of getting up and of early, I don't want to sit in an airport for hours (2) if I don't have to. Thanks in advance![/quote']

We've been sitting at the gate (thru security) by 7:15 coming of Oasis, on 2 different cruises. Oasis and Allure are always the first ships in (so we've been told) due to the number of passengers and time to turn over the ship. Good luck on whatever you do!

Ok, thanks everybody! I'll trust your opinions and take the later flight out! I appreciate all the responses and all the information provided here on the forums. Having help has made my 1st cruise planning much easier!!

Angie

GREAT move to go on a later flight. If this is your first cruise, this is another reason to take a later flight. Those that feel comfortable, thru experience ,doing a super early flight know the ropes, how to move thru the lines, where to go etc. You on the other hand will be wide eyed and unsure of normal procedures.;)

Stay on the ship until the crowds disembark. Sit at the pool and watch the rush of humanity going by as you sip your last coffee or.... bloody mary. Have a great first cruise!!!

I am always the one that says take early flight. This time I would suggest the 2 hour later one(which u said u picked). I'm surprised others haven't warned you that even the 2 hour later flight is ok.

You could get to airport as early as possible and try to standby for the earlier flight.

Depends on the ship and customs, if everything goes smoothly then you're absolutely fine. But if not, you can miss your flight.

We had a 10AM flight out of FLL when coming off the Allure and we got off so quick that we ended up flying standby on the 8:00AM and were home having lunch by noon. It was awesome.

Maybe book a later flight and see if you can get yourself on the sooner one.

Well our cruise is over! I am really bummed out. e had an awesome time and the Alure is just as BIG and just as Beautiful as her sister ship the Oasis, but that is not what this post was about.

After a lot of discussion about the cost (about $880.00 for the four of us) to change our flight, we all agreed that we would take our chances and keep our 10:10 flight out of FLL. If we missed our flight we would spend the night and fly out the next day.

We decided to carry our bags out with us first thing, we got up at 5:00 showered and packed the remaining items, went for breakfast at 6:00 in the Park Cafe. There was a tornado warning for FLL until 7:00 but it looks like the weather has already passed through. If anything it will help us to delay our flight giving us more time!

We went back to our cabin at 6:30 said our good byes to our cabin attendants and proceeded to Gangway at 6:40 to a short line at customs maybe 40 - 50 people ahead of us but the line was at a standstill? At 6:45 they started processing people, we were in our taxi by 6:50 with our luggage, at FLL by 7:00!!

Check in at Air Tran, our concern was that we were at the counter at 7:05 and they might not take our baggage right away because of the 3 hour rule they have for luggage. They did take it and we were off to Security

Security had a line all the way through the cattle ropes and it looked like there was going to be a delay here but they pushed us through in no time and we were at our gate waiting for our plane at 7:15!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

Our flight boarded and left the gate a 10:05 right on schedule!

I know we were lucky everything fell into place but we looked at it more of a challenge than anything at that point, we did not worry about the flight as we decided to take today off to wind down anyway, but did not have to pay the $880.00 if needed.

Literally could have flown out at 8:00 let alone 10:10!!!

Looking forward to our next cruise, I won't book our flight as early next time but will consider the early walk off as it was very painless and quick. NO Long lines or looking for our bags, sitting on a shuttle bus and herded like cattle?

The hardest part was getting our bags down the hallway to the elevator on the carpeting from there on it was a breeze!

Thanks to for your help and advice, We could not have pulled it off without you!

Uphotdog

:D:D:D:D

PS The fire in the engine room of the Alure was another story!!!

You were definitely blessed!! We sailed on Princess last month and did early self-disembark, but had MAJOR issues with customs, like usual. They only had 2 lines going and it took us almost 1 1/2 hours from the time we got in line in the MDR until we walked out of the terminal.

We never book anything before noon when sailing out of FLL. When we sailed Oasis, we had the same Customs issue, except that time we walked off the ship 2 hrs & 25 min past our scheduled time.

We've been sitting at the gate (thru security) by 7:15 coming of Oasis, on 2 different cruises. Oasis and Allure are always the first ships in (so we've been told) due to the number of passengers and time to turn over the ship. Good luck on whatever you do!

In march when we returned to Port Everglades on Independence I was sitting on deck after we docked and watch Allure come into port. So Oasis and Allure are not always the first ships in.