T-Minus 1 Hour Until Next "Sale"

Mine too. We just transferred a booking the Serenade 10 night in 2018, paid $1649pp for a d1 and just checked (9:30pm west coast) and now its $1539pp. Plus I opted for the C&A discount over the free grats so I really am saving $220 per cabin.

Woohoo!

Was a sale for me. Saved $79 each for the wife and I. Double checked and it did not effect OBC. $180 more in the pocket for me:):cool:

Your math must be like RCI's - 79x2 is more like 160 not 180, right?

Your math must be like RCI's - 79x2 is more like 160 not 180, right?

Lol correct. Got off the Adventure Saturday and am doing an overnight at work tonight. The mind is a little cloudy.

I just got off the phone with RCI to adjust the pricing for my upcoming Navigator sailing. I even got to keep my previous gratuities pricing even though the cruise itself was re-priced (not sure if that is their policy, but it's a small difference anyhow).

Dropped by $132.00 CAD. No loss of OBC for me as mine is an onboard booking bonus. :cool:

The price is now $97.27 CAD/person/night for 3 of us, inclusive of taxes and gratuities, for a K-class interior. The effective exchange rate (pricing the cruise in CAD vs. USD) is approximately 1.254. It's a price I can get on board with ;)

Just repriced February 12 and 19 Allure and saved $278 total! Kept my balcony discounts. I am surprised and happy! Total for both cruises just over $3500 - and it was $4100 when I booked 1-1/2 years ago. I watch and got lower rates 3 times so far. Definitely worth paying attention until final payment. Hope everyone's as lucky!

I booked on the BOGOSAVER free grats so mine may have been artificially high at booking.. 10% more off our room price is a significant amount more than the "free grats" plus there are only a couple of the awkward CLS's left so they are probably price dropping to get them sold. I was so-so close to dropping down to a GS, but the savings on the CLS has incentivized me to stay!

Saved $530+ on 3 CP balcony cabins on Allure April 1, '18 cruise.

Congrats! Glad so many people are benefiting from this! You're within 2 years your cruise is right around the corner:D:p:rolleyes:

I booked a 2018 cruise for 4 people last week with the free gratuities (only for the first 2 people). Just re-booked it today. Net savings was only $75 but I prefer the cash savings to having OBC. Biggest advantage is I get full control of my booking online whereas I did not before because of the OBC involved. I've already switched cabins with a click of the button.

I called and was told that it would be $54 in savings, though since I had the Canada sale two months ago I did not expect much. When I got the revised statement it looks like a $203.00 difference from my last statement in April when I added the gratuities. Kinda weird.

Just checked our March 2017 sailing. Price for the six of us up $1,000. Have learned that when I book I am happy with the price or I shouldn't have booked. Also that it is better not to have out of my control expectations and therefore not be disappointed and be elated when pleasantly surprised. RCCL is doing their marketing just as planned (wink, wink). Price control is supply and demand. Just my thoughts by the way!

One of my cabins went down another $175 from last week. You never know.

...and the reason is, because they inadvertently included the residency rate in the promo. Currently, no restricted rates are combinable (for ex military, senior, residency). They must have caught it after the first few bookings. Another reason not to use a TA...they don't always have time to call right away.

Edited by marci22

Just got off the phone with Costco and our price went down $324 for the two of us. Our obc went down, too, so the net savings is $279. I'm happy!!

We had the BOGOHO, and our price was the same this morning, so got the BOGO60 off the original price.

Just got off the phone with Costco and our price went down $324 for the two of us. Our obc went down, too, so the net savings is $279. I'm happy!!

We had the BOGOHO, and our price was the same this morning, so got the BOGO60 off the original price.

Thanks! I am going to call Costco about the cruise I have booked!

I've been keeping track of all of the differing totals of 6 different sales in less than 5 months. With this one the base fare IS the lowest it has ever been but then when you add the port fees and gratuities, it's still more than either the no port fees or the no gratuities sales. Free gratuities was the best sale for me. Yet this one is still better than BOGO 30 or 50 or even WOW with OBC. So, long story short, I HAVE seen different prices for every one of these sales swinging in a $509 total difference between best price and worst price. All the rest have swung one or two hundred total up and down in the middle, with the closest difference of only a $12.58 between free gratuities and free port fees. (actually that port fees would have been the best price, but I didn't think $12 was worth a call.) To me it's worth the minute it takes to check each sale--simply out of curiosity even if not out of thriftiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app