T-Minus 1 Hour Until Next "Sale"

Our 8-27-16 L1 Crown Loft on the Oasis went down $757.

Our 12-12-16 Owners Suite on the Independence went down $142.

1 other Crown Loft went down $74. 3 other Crown Lofts went down $54 each.

I have to tell the world because I am smiling ear to ear.

For weeks now, I have been calling almost everyday to upgrade from a Boardwalk Balcony to an OV Balcony. The problem was that I had to be in the same area because my in-laws (who made the reservations for us), do not want to change & my dear wife would kill me if we were not near them.

Finally today, I was able to change to the cabin directly across the hall from them. The added bonus; since it happen today, thanks to the 'sale,' the price was the lowest it has been since I started this odyssey to change rooms (only $200 more for 2 people for a 7 day cruise or a mere $14.30 pp a day)!!!

My 2 words of advice if you are looking for a specific cabin or change: Persistence & Patience and if you want a great price...timing!!!

WOW. How many booking do you have....

Booked a cruise on Saturday under the BOGOHO and Free Gratutities. Checked today and the price dropped $330. So called and got the price adjustment. Lost the free gratuities obc but still ended up $330 to the good. I'll take it!

This is my first cruise ever, and it looks like with this sale my price went down a couple hundred dollars. Do i call RCCL and ask for the price difference? How does this work? My cruise is in July. Thanks!

This is my first cruise ever, and it looks like with this sale my price went down a couple hundred dollars. Do i call RCCL and ask for the price difference? How does this work? My cruise is in July. Thanks!

You call whomever you booked your cruise thru. If we had any other offers such as prepaid grats or OBC you may lose it.

Also your cruise has to be BEFORE final payament date.

Just a quick note to those that saw a price increase. The first time I checked on my sailing price in October, I did not log in. The price was almost $200 cheaper so I logged in from the cabin selection page and the price shot up $400. I closed the RCI site completely, reopened it, and then logged into the C&A site. Once I logged in and checked the price again, it came up $130 cheaper than my original booking. My point for the post is to try pricing it a couple different ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checked this morning for the price on my virtual balcony room on Anthem for my upcoming July cruise and there wasn't a price drop for us BUT the price of a balcony guarantee was the exact same! Our TA changed the booking (and preserved all our reservations and drink package deals). We have already been assigned at D7 balcony! Very happy with the free upgrade. Final payment is due this week so the timing is perfect!

I booked Anthem for June 2017, not sure if I will keep it or not but I wanted to lock in a good price. I usually go through a TA but this time I booked on the Royal site. I haven't found a good TA and I wanted complete control over my booking.:o

WOW. How many booking do you have....

We have 11 future bookings. One on the Harmony one on the Allure, one on the Independence and 7 on the Oasis. We are entering our late 70's and enjoy cruising and meeting enjoyable throughout the ships. Met some people that have 25+ bookings.

You call whomever you booked your cruise thru. If we had any other offers such as prepaid grats or OBC you may lose it.

Also your cruise has to be BEFORE final payament date.

My final payment is January and the cruise isn't until April. Still saved $160 after a phone call.

I saved about $1000 on 2 bookings today, and the savings fixed the annoyance over "free grats" not being on my booking, even if I booked under the weekend special.

In addition, the nice man answering the phone quickly fixing the bookings and sending invoices confirming the price drops has made me less inclined to cancel both of them and go with Disney like I was debating.

OMG they must think people are dumb! They are now running a "Free upgrade from IS to BAL" for Anthem...checked the prices just now. All that they did was raise the IS price to match the Balcony:eek: Poor souls won't do good with that one:cool:

Argh! I got so busy at work today that I forgot about the "sale". Surprisingly, my 2018 cruise went down by $184 but I discovered this too late to call my TA, who is currently at some kind of TA conference thingy and not as available as she usually is. I sent her an e-mail so hopefully she'll be able to act on it before the price goes back up.

Guest maddycat

I was able to save $158 on our 5/11/17 Anthem cruise. I just booked it April 15 while on the Anthem.

I called to check the pricing on six sailings and only saved on one of them and it was only about $20. :) I was hoping for more. I think it was two years ago that the May sale saved us about $1000 on a JS on the Liberty. Or maybe that was last May? At any rate, we will be sure to spend our $20 on 2-for-1 shakes at Johnny Rockets. ;)

I booked last week where I got 50% off for passenger 2 and 25% off for passenger 3 plus free gratuities. So, if the price is lower this week, I'd lose the free gratuities if I repriced the cruise correct?

Correct, but the free grats are just for person 1 & 2 in the cabin. I saved so much it was a no brainer to flip to 60% off + 30% off.